Balancing help needed for Missiles and WMDs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kristovi wrote:

I just see that missiles can even hit submarines... I thought anti-sub planes were necessary, but no. Missiles can really destroy anything. Another unit useless.
      Missiles cannot hit submarines.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • some time ago I tried to hit submarine with missile - test failed. So if you are sure you did it and sub took damage you should report it as a bug. but perhaps that submarine was in a group with other naval units (surface) so missiles did hit them (but should make damage only to surface types in that group).

As for rebel units. As I have stated - you can destroy them with missiles, but missiles will not prevent cities and other provinces from rebelling again and again. Missiles are very good weapons but there are countermeasures like anti missiles units (quite effective), also in my opinion missiles are not the best weapons from economic point of view.
    • Eternus wrote:

some time ago I tried to hit submarine with missile - test failed. So if you are sure you did it and sub took damage you should report it as a bug. but perhaps that submarine was in a group with other naval units (surface) so missiles did hit them (but should make damage only to surface types in that group).

As for rebel units. As I have stated - you can destroy them with missiles, but missiles will not prevent cities and other provinces from rebelling again and again. Missiles are very good weapons but there are countermeasures like anti missiles units (quite effective), also in my opinion missiles are not the best weapons from economic point of view.
      They are expensive which is one of their weakspots. Really I will use them whenever there an important target, that needs to big explosions :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

some time ago I tried to hit submarine with missile - test failed. So if you are sure you did it and sub took damage you should report it as a bug. but perhaps that submarine was in a group with other naval units (surface) so missiles did hit them (but should make damage only to surface types in that group).

They are expensive which is one of their weak spots. Really I will use them whenever there an important target, that needs to big explosions :P
      I guess I disagree on them being expensive. Once researched it's easy to mass produce missiles and have a running stockpile of 20-30. You can generally eliminate an entire land stack with 4 or 5 which is one day of production. at a cost of what like 2600 dollars and some electronics? What would really keep people from massing missiles is if there was a manpower cost. Manpower honestly is IMO the only thing standing between some people and producing 100 units at once. CM's are also one of the primary cool factors in the game though; If missiles were nerfed it would mean tanks or some other unit will become the next best thing, at least now there's some kind of balance; Albeit the infrastructure and overall price of maintaining a healthy missile defense is astronomical and requires a sacrifice of research and mobilization time and therefore military might. The game truly wasn't designed for a turtle strategy. Offense is the greatest defense. If anyone says differently they're either lying or trying to sell you something.
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • Hum... One of my submarine waz hit by a missile. It was alone.

You only have 20/30 missiles ? Now I usually have a stock of 100.

If you can invest in a good missile defense, then conventional war can start. Like, in a way, in Syria actually with the russian S300. And have tanks etc.would make sense.
      Actually, good players fights, just consist in a duel of missiles. You really, really, don't need to invest in anything else (except some strikers/bombers/submarines). Some of them rush to nuclear power and can rule the game by destroying anybody quickly.

Just saying...
      Frexit
    • Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Eternus wrote:

They are expensive which is one of their weak spots. Really I will use them whenever there an important target, that needs to big explosions :P
      I guess I disagree on them being expensive. Once researched it's easy to mass produce missiles and have a running stockpile of 20-30. You can generally eliminate an entire land stack with 4 or 5 which is one day of production. at a cost of what like 2600 dollars and some electronics? What would really keep people from massing missiles is if there was a manpower cost. Manpower honestly is IMO the only thing standing between some people and producing 100 units at once. CM's are also one of the primary cool factors in the game though; If missiles were nerfed it would mean tanks or some other unit will become the next best thing, at least now there's some kind of balance; Albeit the infrastructure and overall price of maintaining a healthy missile defense is astronomical and requires a sacrifice of research and mobilization time and therefore military might. The game truly wasn't designed for a turtle strategy. Offense is the greatest defense. If anyone says differently they're either lying or trying to sell you something.
      On top of the fact you need a level 1 or 2 research complex? As well stuff to launch them? Yea strikers.. meh carry 1. Bombers carry 3, cruisers take 3 too. Can add up.

I think the game is fine in this area at the moment
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu