Scenario Idea Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scenario Idea Discussion

As the game status is progressing we would like to encourage you - the players - to come forward with your ideas about map and/or scenarios for CoN.

At this stage we don't need details, more general settings and moods you like to one day be able to play.

Please keep in mind to adhere to existing mechanics and settings so effectively we are talking about anything "modern" - either fictitious, historical or current.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• undeadleader wrote:

i wouldn't mind a zombie outbreak scenario if it is even possible on this game
      You really gotta appreciate a zombie suggesting a zombie scenario. Its not something you see everyday!

But on a serious note, I do like this idea. It would make more sense here vs. the rest of the bytro/dorado games. And I think it would draw in a lot of zombie fans. :P
      Sir McSquiggles
      Head Squiggler

ConflictOfNations | Dorado Games

Check out these video guides for Conflict of Nations. Click Here
    • Aeblemost wrote:

Samuel PM wrote:

that is to say all the World Countries, but the Small Countries with few cities
      i really hope you counted denmark as one of the playable ones. Seeing as we're the 5th bigest country in the world
      Yes, they are the 193 countries recognized by the UN.

It is important to place these countries, such as Denmark, Portugal, Switzerland, Ukraine, Holland among others.

This will even attract more Players to the CoN.
    • We are planning naval economy play as an expansion.

@world with 193 countries: please consider before demanding things - So you are proposing to allow Andorra to be playable? Guys, I know game design is our job, but what good and benefit would any player take out of this? North Korea or such I can totally understand, but simply assuming because something is "real" it also must be fun is fundamentally flawed. Think about it this way: will you derive more fun from the game by conquering a country called Luxembourg instead of a province called Luxembourg?
      When discussing maps and scenarios we need to take this into consideration...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

We are planning naval economy play as an expansion.
      Great! I think that after some more maps, this is what the game needs.

Germanico wrote:

Think about it this way: will you derive more fun from the game by conquering a country called Luxembourg instead of a province called Luxembourg?
      Finally some sense is put into the conversation.

#GoForThe18th
    • Germanico wrote:

We are planning naval economy play as an expansion.

@world with 193 countries: please consider before demanding things - So you are proposing to allow Andorra to be playable? Guys, I know game design is our job, but what good and benefit would any player take out of this? North Korea or such I can totally understand, but simply assuming because something is "real" it also must be fun is fundamentally flawed. Think about it this way: will you derive more fun from the game by conquering a country called Luxembourg instead of a province called Luxembourg?
      You're right Germanico, but you need to put more playable countries like Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Israel, South Korea, North Korea, Venezuela, Chile and more African countries.

Even though some of these do not matter in the Military Scenario, but doing so in addition to attracting more Players, will give a greater dynamics in the games.
    • Samuel PM wrote:

You're right Germanico, but you need to put more playable countries like Portugal, Spain, Ukraine, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Israel, South Korea, North Korea, Venezuela, Chile and more African countries.

Even though some of these do not matter in the Military Scenario, but doing so in addition to attracting more Players, will give a greater dynamics in the games.
      You're on the same page as @Germanico. Those countries you mention are going to be playable, but countries like Luxembourg and Andorra are obviously not.

#GoForThe18th
    • if you want a scenario then above some already mentioned:
      WW III a) Europe: Russia or Neo Soviets or Muslim Alliance vs rest b) Asia: China vs US/Japan/Philippine/Vietnam etc
      Invasion of America (from Europe or from Asia)
      2nd American Civil War (plus Canada/Mexico) +/- variations: European Union Civil War (+ some part of: Russia, Middle East, North Africa); China Civil War (+ Japan, Vietnam, perhaps Philippines, Siberia), Russia Civil War, African War (+ part of Arabian Peninsula, perhaps Italy, Iberian Peninsula), you name it - it can be done to every continent
      for a world map: World After WW III players would start with single or very short amount of provinces (3?)
      New World Antarctica or Greenland (let say after great war only those land would be habitable)
      Alien invasion (but it would require new units for aliens)

if you would be able to shut off some units for specific maps, then it could have even more flavour (not everything can be made after WW III) or add some like future weapons (Mechs, electromagnetic gun, you name it - but I know, I know. Adding new units is a whole new bunch)

People be creative. All above was made without even thinking.
    • I'm for the big 100 player map entirely,but here are some ideas for future ones:

1. Korean War- North and South Korea,with Japan and limited parts of China.
      2. Vietnam War-North and South Vietnam,maybe even other nations such as China,Laos,Cambodia and Thailand.
      3. Scandinavia-Emphasis on using terrain to your advantage.Norway,Sweden,Finland,Denmark and maybe Iceland/parts of Russia.
      4. Mediterranean-Focus on naval warfare. Italy,Spain,France,Greece,Turkey,Syria,Isreal,Egypt,Libya,Algeria,Tunisia and former Yugoslav states,with smaller nations as AI.
      5. Africa Continent-focus on land warfare.
      6. Europe with 20-50 playable nations. Good balanced warfare.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • I want to rephrase my idea.

It's a bit ambitious and maybe it's impossible to create.

But the idea follows:

Create a World Map, with the maximum number of possible Countries, 193 would be ideal ... but I think the Map would be gigantic and very tiring to play ...

But not all Countries would be playable ... only Countries that have some Economic and Military representation in the World Scenario.

• Samuel PM wrote:

I want to rephrase my idea.

It's a bit ambitious and maybe it's impossible to create.

But the idea follows:

Create a World Map, with the maximum number of possible Countries, 193 would be ideal ... but I think the Map would be gigantic and very tiring to play ...

But not all Countries would be playable ... only Countries that have some Economic and Military representation in the World Scenario.

As Germanico previously stated, a 100 player map is in the making. But first they're revamping the current map up to 40-some players.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation