Open BETA vs Closed BETA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Open BETA vs Closed BETA

so after having asked about the ToS respectively between COW/CON etc and having been asked/given advice not to mention the game too much as to not overload the servers, my suggestion is that maybe its advisable to instead of having a open beta, change it into a closed beta?

Though personally I do prefer a open beta instead of closed beta, and having a lack of knowledge about internal policies (nor do i need to know), maybe steps have been put in place to prevent this, well.. To stop turning around the point;
      The things is, now that is still doable to have a closed beta, it might be better to do so. Once people discover CON it will not be possible anymore and then servers will get overloaded, it will then be allot harder to roll back anything. You might expect that to happen as CON has already been mentioned on the COW forums. Closing it then or getting server overload issues will probably make the company lose allot of players.

Just something to think about/keep in mind.
      I dont know, maybe I just made a weird suggestion now 8) :whistling:
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Please be advised this is an OPEN beta and whoever instructed you is wrong. Please point them my way and I will correct this miscommunication.

The error is simply explained with this beta being handled by us at Dorado vs the other games being handled by Bytro.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • okidoki, I wondered why it was open beta whilst everyone said to not mention it too much. That was contradictory, hence I posted this thread to find out why. This clears everything up, I wont mention which people said that, I dont want them to get a bad image, they where just trying their best so instead I will tell them and refer thim to the link of this thread.

That will get rid of any confusion.

Apart from that, you guys are doing a great job! Cheers!
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • No worries.

We are doing things differently then our sister company (sisters are like that) and of course this causes confusion.

In the end the important thing is that everyone has fun playing CON and we can see where fixes are needed and what features you like and which ones are missing.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf