ALLIANCES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Balancing and bug-fixing is ongoing, everlasting and eternal (like in all good online games).
      New maps are a different topic and require different skill-sets than feature addons such as Alliances.

So let me break out the good news: ALLIANCES AND COALITIONS ARE COMING TO THIS GAME "Soon™"
      Obviously we want to allow our community to form clans (aka Alliances) and teams on map (coalitions).

So yes. Coming to your game in the next weeks - promise!

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

First ofall, we need bug fixing, unit balancing and new maps.
      New maps? No, no, no, I understand we have to fix bugs balance units and bl bla, there will always be some bugs in the games. When talking about new maps, do you really think it's more important? Coalitions or alliances makes team play very entertaining, it helps for teams to work together. Because if they all share maps with each other and send messages to each other without a main chat, it is difficult to play in teams. In big teams, I mean. So we need these coalitions.
      And important thing: I'm not very sure it's true but I think it takes much less time to add colitions to the game than to create a new map or fix bugs. Do you know how many time CoN is fixing bugs??? Do you know how much time it takes to create a new map?? When talking about coalitions I think CoN creators can add that to the game even today or tommorow and continue fixing bugs ;)

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • Yeah, yeah I know, it's kinda sad to don't have all the countries in the world. You know, I just made a new map in my dreams according to the realistic situation today:
      Middle east theater 2016, the war in dust
      So you can play new countries there that are not playable in the world map (including ISIS, Kurdistan and others)

I've gone too far from the topic of alliances but ok, I wanna know you guys like that???

''The person, who doesn't defend freedom is not worth for it!'' (lithuanian partisans in the guerrilla war against Soviet Union)
    • Alliances can wait, bugs need fixing, units need work and they are and must be the priorities, devs take your time on alliances... we can wait while you keep bug hunting :P

@Pablo22510 I think that a blitz map that is unbalanced and has more players would be the ideal situation for the next map, but obviously... there bigger priorities

(Carrier based AWACS I think would be cool, TBH I could have done with it today hehe)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

@Pablo22510 I think that a blitz map that is unbalanced and has more players would be the ideal situation for the next map, but obviously... there bigger priorities
      Maps are undoubtedly one of the biggest priorities, though.
      I fully disagree, I think our map with a max of 26 people allows for a good amount of space for expansion and allows players to relax while playing so they can test out this game's mechanics. This IS still beta, y'know. I know some people like yourself want more competitive gaming, but (Germ can correct me if i'm wrong) competitive gaming is not the best way to find out where the game needs balancing or fixing. A guy I talk to asked me not to talk about airborne infantry because he likes them too much. It's this kind of behavior that will overshadow any overpowered factors in the game that will UNDOUBTEDLY be abused.
    • Agree with professor , a new map isnt really the priority. I dont see why one is needed at the moment, I think there 26 countries to play as before you get bored and go looking for a new map. I would like to see a bigger world map, but I think sorting out the fact that I cant fire my cruise missiles from my stealth bombers, and bugs like that need to get sorted first.

But I would love to see a new larger world map, but for now.. Bug squishing
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • ProfessionalF wrote:

I know some people like yourself want more competitive gaming, but (Germ can correct me if i'm wrong) competitive gaming is not the best way to find out where the game needs balancing or fixing.
      For me, new maps are the way CoN needs to expand. If CoN is to be as big as S1914, they need more maps to attract people and keep the people that already play playing. And the fact that it's beta doesn't mean anything. Heroes and Generals (A free WW2 FPS game) was in beta for something like 6/7 years, and they released maps all of the time.

#GoForThe18th
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

ProfessionalF wrote:

I know some people like yourself want more competitive gaming, but (Germ can correct me if i'm wrong) competitive gaming is not the best way to find out where the game needs balancing or fixing.
      For me, new maps are the way CoN needs to expand. If CoN is to be as big as S1914, they need more maps to attract people and keep the people that already play playing. And the fact that it's beta doesn't mean anything. Heroes and Generals (A free WW2 FPS game) was in beta for something like 6/7 years, and they released maps all of the time.
      Heroes and Generals is NOT a Beta game. They use the word Beta as an excuse. It is a complete game full of content and players and buyable content. It is one of the causes of the large misuse of the term of a beta game today...

You want a incomplete game to expand do you? What exactly is the point of having more maps to play if people are still quitting 5 days in because they rush their bordering countries immediately? What's the point of having maps if people like Ocean

Oceanhawk wrote:

the fact that I cant fire my cruise missiles from my stealth bombers,
      . This isn't a good look, Pablo! The game is barely a month old, it does not need to expand like those FULLY COMPLETE games that already have been out there for years.
    • To be honest this game is beating ever other Bytro game and countless others and its only been out a few months gotta give it some credit :P
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

actually we are only now live for about 4 weeks ;)
      ^^

Id say there will be a lot more in store in the next few weeks too that will attract more players.

Alliances can wait for now,
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • ProfessionalF wrote:

Heroes and Generals is NOT a Beta game. They use the word Beta as an excuse. It is a complete game full of content and players and buyable content. It is one of the causes of the large misuse of the term of a beta game today...
      As an excuse for what?

Look, @ProfessionalF, I'm just saying that without more maps, this game cannot get bigger, both in terms of players and income.

#GoForThe18th
    • It will get bigger as the bugs are driven out of the game etc....

And Heli carriers would help too :P

A bigger map will be needed, but not a small European map. Would kill to see a unbalanced world map
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu