Tanks Need a Buff - And I Know Which One!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tanks Need a Buff - And I Know Which One!

Ok, so it's common knowledge - tanks are secondary units in CoN, nothing compared to what they were in CoW. While that is not only OK, but great, I think the nerfing of tanks might have rendered them useless, or at the very least, not really useful. To buff them, I believe only a single thing is needed - lower their manpower costs. A lot. Below motorized infantry. I'd say something about 900. This will make players produce them more, but will not make them OP, because they would still not be mass produced, because they would still not be able to take cities. However, they would become the primary land unit that supports infantry. While the low manpower cost might not be 100% realistic, I think it's a step that must be taken. I personally would use them more since many times I am left without manpower because of the high manpower cost of motorized infantry.

Thoughts, @Germanico ?

#GoForThe18th
    • i follow your train of thought - and tend to agree that the manpower on tanks atm is quite high.

i would not call them useless though, they can take some serious pounding. And the airlifting has increased their use quite nicely.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

i follow your train of thought - and tend to agree that the manpower on tanks atm is quite high.

i would not call them useless though, they can take some serious pounding. And the airlifting has increased their use quite nicely.

//Germanico
      Yeah i've been seeing them used more often. If you're in Europe or another place with seemingly high production rates then you'd have no trouble making them.

I don't know your situation, Pablo, but within the first week I was able to make a dozen MBTs because they're just available so damn early. I think, Germanico, that it would be best to make such spongey units unavailable until a few days after the game starts?
    • Wow, you make the game more realistic:)

And by the way 3 other units must doctrine balanced:
      1. The US have the best carrier (may be 1 more aircrafts per level than the other carrier)
      2. The european have the best anti submarine submarine (todaro class or better 212a class is smaler than other classes) my suggestion full hitpoints in coastal seas but only the last level.
      3. The eastern doctrine have the best missle submarine (the Thyphoon class is 170 m long, more than a destroyer) my suggestion more hitpoints and higher costs)
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Im sorry, but they are far from useless. They are absolute tanks! wait... that doesnt work

They are absolute beasts! Things are monsters, they take a serious beating. They were useless prior to airlift ability. But I do agree their manpower is way over the top
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

they will get a reduction of manpower and also don't forget the RU units are already 20% less on MP.

We are actually giving the T14 Armata a buff - it will have better firepower than the US or even EU end level tank.
      T-14 has its weaknesses, some say there are issues with the turret.

Id still take my Merkava over a T14 :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • It will be enough when the T 14 has only a bit more firepower. Abrams, Leopard 2 and Merkava have the same gun 120 mm Glattrohrkanone. Merkava have only a special defensive equipment.
      The T 14 have in the moment a 125 mm gun, but it will be changed to a 152 mm gun.
      The Merkava is a bit slower than Abrams and Leopard 2 and more specialized for desert.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().