Artillery Not Set To Automatically Engage?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Artillery Not Set To Automatically Engage?

Perhaps I might've missed a change in some patch notes somewhere, but is artillery behavior no longer set to automatically engage any enemy units within range when stationary?

I've had two regiments of Towed Artillery and a regiment of armor guarding the port of Bremen, Germany, for over two weeks now, but it always seems that Sweden's units end up landing at the port and attacking completely unmolested; and now, my theory regarding artillery's default behavior has been confirmed in Nantes, France, where a single regiment of Towed Artillery is stationed in the city, but doesn't attack any of the ground forces that I have stationed within spitting distance of the place.

Is this behavior pre-designated, an incorrectly checked box somewhere, or a bug?
      "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky."
      ― Arcade Mode, Ace Combat Five: The Unsung War
    • Alright, now I've come back after eight hours and found my artillery regiment engaging a Swedish armored unit that is stuck out at sea and engaged by a friendly Corvette; so either something changed, some condition wasn't being met before that has been met now, or the effect previously simply wasn't observable to me.
      "Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky."
    • This almost answers my question, but what's the default setting for a non-sub fire control? The same as default for a subscriber? Do I need to physically tell a ranged unit like theater defense to do its job or will it automatically target any hostile air in the area as default (non-sub)?
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • Default fire control setting for regular (non-Security Council) players is fire automatically at the closest enemy unit within range until it dies. So if an enemy aircraft passes through your Theater Defense System's effective radius, the system will engage and cause appropriate damage within the allotted timeframe; however, if that aircraft passes back through before the system is reloaded, it won't take damage again until the system has another attack prepared.