If we were to have new skins/tech tree for a new faction?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Samuel PM wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

@Samuel PM

The problem with what you're saying is that few/none of the material you showed is Brazilian-made.
      Yes, but it's what the Brazilian Armed Forces uses.
      Yes but the idea of a brazilian tech tree is what brazil make..... that is the whole point. Would it make any sense to add seahawks ( or any of the half of units there) to an brazilian tech tree? If they dont make them...
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Most were designed and built by Brazil.

What is interesting is to see what each country currently uses in the Armed Forces.

ASTROS 2020
      EE-T1 Osório (
      VBTP-MR Guarani
      EE-9 Cascavel
      VLEGA Gaucho
      EE-11 Urutu
      Agrale Marruá
      SN Álvaro Alberto (SN-10)
      S Tikuna (S-34)
      Cv Barroso (V-34)
      Embraer KC-390
      Embraer E-99
      EMB-314 Super Tucano
      AMX A-1
      Saab JAS 39 Gripen

The majority of the armaments presented are of Brazilian Manufacturing.

And the rest is what Brazil operates, that makes sense yes.

For example, Venezuela operates the SU-30, but it's produced in Russia, so will not you put that on their Tech Tree?
    • Samuel PM wrote:

The technological trees have to be according to what the Country uses and not with what it Produced.

Its logic does not match, because in the current game only JAS 39 Gripen is right, the rest are from other Countries.
      Emm.. being a gripen nut and all..

GRIPENS ARE SWEDISH SON!

They just get partially made in brazil.. their radar is produced in the UK, and I believe parts of their delta wing is made in Germany( Stand to be corrected)

Brazilian aircraft would be mostly embraers COin aircraft, and the AMX International... that will have to be added as we may be stuck.. and that is logical... anyway, Im gonna make a forum post now and tag you guys, so come to there and we can begin filling it in
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Samuel PM wrote:

The technological trees have to be according to what the Country uses and not with what it Produced.

Its logic does not match, because in the current game only JAS 39 Gripen is right, the rest are from other Countries.
      Emm.. being a gripen nut and all..
      GRIPENS ARE SWEDISH SON!

They just get partially made in brazil.. their radar is produced in the UK, and I believe parts of their delta wing is made in Germany( Stand to be corrected)

Brazilian aircraft would be mostly embraers COin aircraft, and the AMX International... that will have to be added as we may be stuck.. and that is logical... anyway, Im gonna make a forum post now and tag you guys, so come to there and we can begin filling it in

I do not know if You know but the Gripen is being built in Brazil.

And Brazil is already producing its own Radar system.
    • Samuel PM wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Samuel PM wrote:

Emm.. being a gripen nut and all..GRIPENS ARE SWEDISH SON!

I do not know if You know but the Gripen is being built in Brazil.

And Brazil is already producing its own Radar system.
      Yes I know.. I pretty sure I posted that already.. when I said "They just get partially made in brazil"

I can assure you, there is very little you know about aircraft that I dont know.. meh I can admit some of my army knowledge can be patching in some areas. But defo.. know the air force
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • TheTrumpster wrote:

I agree. You cannot have a European(and American) and a Chinese having the same skin. That is a little undetailed. Also, I recommend special skin color for African nations. Not many of them, but there are about 5 or 6 or 7 I think.
      That makes zero sense

Are you suggesting a new tree for African nations?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • TheTrumpster wrote:

Yes.

Thats pretty stupid. I know you pretend to be a marine, but you should really at least check up on some tech first... would help the cover

Other than South Africa there are no African nations with Military Industrial complexes. Egypt I would see more of an Arab nation. But even with the 2 of them. Couldnt have anything on the tech skins... No aircraft what so ever. Other than 1 attack heli, 1 air supremacy fighter... And yea that about it aviation wise.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • So here are the current skins or doctrines:
      European
      Eastern (Russia)
      Western (USA)

Here are the skins I'm aware of under development by the community:
      Southern (Brazil/South Africa/India?)
      Chinese (Pretty much completed now)
      British (Pretty completed now)
      Not aware of any others

That's already quite a diverse group of 6. The skin I would like to added to that number is another East Asian Doctrine compromising of Japan, South Korea and Taiwan (Combined) maybe reassign the Eastern Doctrine to accommodate them. And rename the Russian one Eurasian instead? Most other player countries in the game lack any substantial domestic arms industry to warrant a separate skin or are already part of a combined doctrine. Most countries in the world use European, Russian or American hardware so it's fairly difficult to create a skin for every single since their are so many blanks. So it just wouldn't make sense to have any more than 7 or 8.

I feel like having 7 Skins would be a decent amount. No other countries have a substantial arms industry and those that do are kind of grouped under the European Doctrine. Maybe France is the only other possibility for an 8th, but I kind of like it in European. If some of the UK units are removed (if it gets its own skin) from the European doctrine it would be nice to see more Polish, Italian, French and Swedish hardware fill up left over gaps.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

That is irrelevant. European tech-tree is European-made. Same for the Russian and American.

You can't fill a tree with Brazilian-made equipment.
      Completely agree. I think that's why someone combined it with South Africa as well but even that Tech tree came up short. I recently suggested including India in that mix to fill out the rest of the gaps to create a Southern Skin (Of the 3 major Southerly world powers).

Pablo, I finished the Chinese Doctrine btw. You just need to add the last units and switch some around (There are still a few in the wrong order mostly relating to Amphibious Combat vehicles and the stealth fighters).

The existing Doctrines military hardware will need to be shared for other skins to be completed. It will be impossible to create a 100% Indigenous tech tree without using the existing doctrines equipment. Me and you (Pablo) came very close with China, but sadly we got short on 2 Cruisers :( . It will be much harder for other nations to limit it down sharing less than 2 pieces of military hardware. And trying to create a skin for every nation will end up just replicating the existing skins as opposed to creating something truly unique and worth a skin of its own.

Also I would like to point out the American tech tree does use some British co-designed or even built equipment. So even the US skin isn't a 100% pure.
    • I have also done a french tree. End of the day, can only do A Brit,French,Chinese, Ruskia and Murican tree.

And as the European tree is needed, france or UK need to remain there.

The BricS tree is a bust, I also started a south American tree. But I had it deleted cos it didnt goo far...

The usual issues... Carriers, Missile subs, Bombers
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu