If we were to have new skins/tech tree for a new faction?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If we were to have new skins/tech tree for a new faction?

If there was to be a new skin 22
        Chinese (20) 91%
        British (11) 50%
        French (10) 45%
        Swedish (4) 18%
      Howdie lads.

So I was thinking, what would the next skins/tech tree be? In CoW they brought out the Japanese skins a while back now, I think that new skins could be something down the line. Id say the devs have a few other priorities at the moment, but I think a new skin should be down the line :P

Im adding a poll, or at least I think I am. It prob would involve splitting up Euro tech tree, or have the British Leave. But I think UK and France could manage their own skins and Euro skin be left to Germans, Italians and the Spanish.

And Im adding the Swedish, because I quite like the Gripen

Any other nation I should add?

Brazil could manage some areas, but couldnt manage all. Them KC-390S are a real beut and would have the air transport sorted.. Hmmm
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Hmm.. The thing about Chinese tech is its all awful, and bought from russia, copied from russia or stolen tech from America

Id rather see a Brit skin and a French skin.
      And I think it is more capable, only thing it would have trouble with would be the heavy bombers ( at the later level) and stealth aircraft.... but sure as it is... the euro stealth is messed up
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Hmm.. The thing about Chinese tech is its all awful, and bought from russia, copied from russia or stolen tech from America

And I think it is more capable, only thing it would have trouble with would be the heavy bombers ( at the later level) and stealth aircraft.... but sure as it is... the euro stealth is messed up
      1. Nah, man, the Chinese have some legit aircraft.
      2. I don't want to see a French tech tree because the French fit in perfectly well in the European tech tree, for now. Maybe later on we (the community), could make a French tech tree, so the devs would only need to make the skins and implement it. But for now, I think China is more important.
      3. British tech tree should be the next tech tree after the Chinese one.

#GoForThe18th
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Hmm.. The thing about Chinese tech is its all awful, and bought from russia, copied from russia or stolen tech from America

1. Nah, man, the Chinese have some legit aircraft.
      2. I don't want to see a French tech tree because the French fit in perfectly well in the European tech tree, for now. Maybe later on we (the community), could make a French tech tree, so the devs would only need to make the skins and implement it. But for now, I think China is more important.
      3. British tech tree should be the next tech tree after the Chinese one.

Chinese tech tree, the have 0 legit aircraft

Their engines are just so bad, they wouldnt even meet EU regulations or be allowed to fly in EU airspace they are so dangerously bad

And whatever they do have, it is stolen. Their J-20 is such a mess of a program they are buying Russian SU-35s now...
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Their engines are just so bad, they wouldnt even meet EU regulations or be allowed to fly in EU airspace they are so dangerously bad

And whatever they do have, it is stolen. Their J-20 is such a mess of a program they are buying Russian SU-35s now...
      Nah, man, their aircraft are better than those piece of **** F-35s.

#GoForThe18th
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Nah, man, their aircraft are better than those piece of **** F-35s.
      Haha, which one would that be?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Haha, which one would that be?
      J-10 and J-20.
      Ahahaha

ahh, The J-20

The J stands for junk, and that is a proven fact. Well I couldnt say its proven, because some say it stands for "failure" or "fake"
      Certainly, the J-20 does represent a leap forward for the Chinese defense-aerospace industry. One day, China will be able to develop and build its own jet engines that will work somewhat —especially given the investment Beijing continues to make into the defense sector. However, that day is not today. If the J-20 was really as capable as you believe, Beijing wouldn’t bother with buying a token fleet of Su-35s—there would simply be no point in doing so.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Ahahaha

ahh, The J-20

The J stands for junk, and that is a proven fact. Well I couldnt say its proven, because some say it stands for "failure" or "fake"
      Certainly, the J-20 does represent a leap forward for the Chinese defense-aerospace industry. One day, China will be able to develop and build its own jet engines that will work somewhat —especially given the investment Beijing continues to make into the defense sector. However, that day is not today. If the J-20 was really as capable as you believe, Beijing wouldn’t bother with buying a token fleet of Su-35s—there would simply be no point in doing so.
      Nah, man, even the USAF admits the Js are better than the F-35. In a simulation (war breaks out over Taiwan), the Chinese Air Force massacred the USAF. And that is a USAF simulation.

#GoForThe18th
    • guys - please. Chinese technology has been making great strides and yeah, of course there are many teething problems but... so please don't revert to overcome stereotypes.

Concerning skins - as you know we have both doctrines and units unique to each of the three factions. Should we add another one in the future China would be an obvious candidate and would NOT be a reskin.

We are also working on several other ideas regarding unique nation specific tech - but nothing I could disclose at this point.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Yea well Id say most chinese aircraft would be F-35s because they all stolen tech from ruskias

But the J-20 vs F-35 is like watching a snail fight a prawn

Chinese tech is improving, with the huge investment. But according to Chinese Generals ( not the one who said the smog in bejing was a good thing because it would stop American missiles)

I Quote

"Through my visit over the past couple of days in the United States, I am surprised by the sophistication of the U.S. military, including its weapons and equipment and doctrines and so on,” People’s Liberation Army leader General Chen Bingde said. “I can tell you that China does not have the capability to challenge the United States. As a matter of fact, the reconnaissance activities along China’s coast by U.S. military aircraft and vessels are seen in China as deterrents.”
      “As it is known to all, the United States is a super-power in the world today; how can China easily have the ability to challenge it? That is simply not part of Chinese culture and we do not have that capability

The J-20 is a joke, and so is the Chinese Military as a whole. However I should say that they are making notable inprovements in the sea. And Id say that their main area where they are improving and could compete with American vessels in the years to come
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • That true, but the J-20 is also a joke

TBH Id find it hard if anything could be beaten by an F-35.

Recently the plane wouldnt start , because the fuel being loaded into the plane was too "warm" as the tanker had been sitting in the sun for like half an hour...
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Sure the F-35 cant fly in storms, even Boeing 737s and Airbus A330s can, all planes can handle a lighting strike, but the F-35 cant....

Like... really hope trump cancels that program and fast
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Or every nation get a special unit, that only this nation can research.
      Special forces from france = Légion étrangère. This unit can conquer provinces.
      Special forces from britain = a better SAS than the other european special forces.
      normal infantry from chinese = very cheap costs
      destroyer from USA(last level) = Zumwalt class = with stealth function
      tanks and mechanized infatry from germany have speed 1,5 after speed research
      etc.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().