What is YOUR Favourite CoN Unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrBookShelf wrote:

Stelth Bomber and Speacial force ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

have you ever wonder where's all your lv5 building just vanish into the air?
      or the time when your belove 10 aircraft squad parking in airport just gone with notifies "SAS attack"
      or the time when your newly product unit just engage with stelth infanty IN YOUR HOMELAND CITY notify and just gone in one second
      or the time when you really wonder how enemy know what units have produce and have but they didn't send any spy on you

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
      I tried this but for some reason aircraft are pretty strong when on airbase...i lost 4 SAS vs stack of 5 typhons.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • that might seem odd but mbts are my unit of choice.
      I don't defend on cities I usually entrench in open ground with mbts as my asfs stops most radar detection he got. only when he have 1 hour to reach me I (might) build an outpost.
      I get the open ground bonus I might even attack on it if I got mechanized and get total of 50% attack and the first tic.
      the problem Is I need my second best unit asfs to be maxed to shoot other asfs from detection.
      My worst unit is motorized inf just a waste of research.

If I'm navy country frigates are my best units
    • My favourite units are ASF. I can make them do everything: Attack ground units, Attack opposing fighters and heavies and even naval if I’m desperate (except Frigates those are reeeeaaaallly irritating).
      I also like Destroyers as a (comparatively) cheap version of submarine hunters, ship killers and groun unit attackers all rolled into one. Can also kill pesky Frigates :)
    • I've tried out a few different Combos, but my fav unit is the Strike Fighter. (Yes, I know, it is derided ans the noob go to) When using my fav Doctrine (EURO) it combined with Mech Inf, and some ASFs to control others SFs, can be dominant inland without any other unit types. But on the sea, 2Destroyer 3Frigate Stacks Rule.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • ross222 wrote:

I've tried out a few different Combos, but my fav unit is the Strike Fighter. (Yes, I know, it is derided ans the noob go to). since when they do twice the damage to troops then air superiority fighters does no offence intended, i done both fighters and your far better off with striker and attack helicopters
      Attack helos just don't have the range and I can't afford to build an airfield every 4 provinces, advantage SF.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• I always love when Striek Fighter players first encounter my SAM batallion. Favorable they are patrolling and are offline.
      Or having strike fighters on the ground and hiting them with choppers...a classic.

But to be true. If I play against Gold players Air Force is not my first cioce because they destroy the airfields...so heavy boots on the ground....
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Teburu wrote:

they have the advantage of being less hard countered by AA and easy to mix, as opposed to the strikefighter where you have to fully lvl both variants to gain max effectivness
      on top of that gunships have way better initial dmg vs soft targets than sf
      Sorry, I just don't see them as a necessary expense line of research when resources are in short supply, UNLESS, ... I'm playing a Zombie game, then to Hades with the SFs, Attack Helos all the way.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

I always love when Striek Fighter players first encounter my SAM batallion. Favorable they are patrolling and are offline.
      Or having strike fighters on the ground and hiting them with choppers...a classic.

But to be true. If I play against Gold players Air Force is not my first cioce because they destroy the airfields...so heavy boots on the ground....
      I always love to circle my SFs outside a SAM pile, then time CMs vs reload, to watch the pile of junk go up in flames
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Strike Fighter - 5 stack of lvl 7 can dish out 45/45 hp damage ground and decent punch in air. plus CM capable after lvel 4.

Navy - Officer / 4 frigg stack: use to take out troops ahead of assault .. the anti air provides cover from any enemy planes till get established and an Airfield built or take city with Airbase to get my strike fighters in.

Ground troops basically just for conquering territory so don't have any favorites but level 6 mot inf pretty good and has artillery. rest depends on what think main enemies have to counter.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Indochina Union wrote:

A stack of 7 maxed Eastern ASFs -> Air-to-air nightmare :thumbsup:
      beyond 5 you are lowered efficiency. and not many people have huge Air for the most part. max Strike Fighters can hit inf/armour/ships (except frigg stack) and decent enough to not get totally smoked against Air Superiors. If see enemy with large Air supp than will have 1 squad just in case.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

Indochina Union wrote:

beyond 5 you are lowered efficiency. and not many people have huge Air for the most part. max Strike Fighters can hit inf/armour/ships (except frigg stack) and decent enough to not get totally smoked against Air Superiors. If see enemy with large Air supp than will have 1 squad just in case.
      True, but that extra hp padding can be useful even with diminishing returns; it still has higher attack than 5 stack.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Buckeyechamp wrote:

Indochina Union wrote:

True, but that extra hp padding can be useful even with diminishing returns; it still has higher attack than 5 stack.
      they're slower thus an easier target for AA, but in general engaging enemy ASF with your own ASF is a pretty bad move
      I am The Baseline for opinions