What is YOUR Favourite CoN Unit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is YOUR Favourite CoN Unit

Greetings Commanders,

By now most of us know the different units available to us and if you’re like me you will have one you prefer playing the most (and one you dislike the most) I would like to take this moment to ask the community what your favourite and least favourite unit is?

Please feel free to post as much as you want here (in relation to the topic :P ) There is NO WRONG ANSWER!! YOU LIKE WHAT YOU LIKE!! :thumbsup:

All the best;
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support
    • Torn between naval and airmobile infantry for fave.

Least fave is probably mobile artillery or main battle tank. The tanks are just so costly to research, costly to build, costly to maintain, and there are units with more punch for the buck.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • My faves have to be Strike Fighters and Airmobile infantry.

Least fave probably Tanks, because they are literally expensive to the point of being pointless. Essentially, tanks aren't worth it.
      The reason why we search for intelligent life outside of Earth is because there isn't any on Earth. :thumbsup:

Made in America :D
    • Not sure about this fascination with Airmobile Infantry with most people.

I've been running armies for quite a while and have definite favorites that I use every time.

All Countries - Naval Infantry - These bad boys with their 50% boost in atk/def in cities and excellent HP/Offense skills are what I base most of my millitary actions around. Totally awesome :)

Add to that Frigates, Destroyers and Aircraft Carriers :)

Eastern Doctrines:- The T-80/T-90/T-14 Armada Battle tanks - Cheap to build, higher firepower than normal tanks. May be slow, but an excellent accompaniment to Marines in a war. Not easy to overpower a group with 2-3 of these in there :)

Western Doctrines: - Tank Destroyers - Given they get no negatives against city combat and quite quick to produce and use, love these little guys :)

Not sure what some people have against tanks, but they are far from worthless. Their usually high HP is an excellent screen to protect other units in the group. So if you don't use them, your loss :)
    • Airmobile infantry is really useful to quickgrab useless provinces and disrupt some local movements. No wonders people like them, even if in combat they are not really good.

Can't say anything about marines. I love those guys :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Their combat capacity is ok at max, but they are purely an offense unit.

That's why I prefer the marines, as while they follow a similar offense focus, the boost for cities is what makes them superior as I see, as cities are where you're biggest combat operations usually occur.

I was a bit taken aback I must admit about the lack of love for tanks though. Even those guys who use lots of airborn should appreciate the Tank Destroyer at least, with it's air assault capacity.

Maybe that's just a personal preference, as I never go into battle without some form of armor. Oh well :P
    • I overlooked the tank destroyer in my (only) game, but i will definitely look at it now. The problem of CoN ---> Impossible to study in depth all units in one game :D

I deeply agree with cities, and it's of course why i love marines units. The contextual bonus make them a "good against pretty all" unit in this situation, and as they can unland pretty everywhere, it's nice.

But to give an potential example of airborne/marines synergy in this case, imagine that you need to unland marines on a unguarded point --->a single airborn take with high speed the provinces between the beach and the city, and allow your marines to go in the city at twice the speed, thanks to their airborn friend that suppressed the movement malus :p
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Indeed, that is a strategy that the Airborn seem uniquely able to handle.

Still, when you look at it, they also need an airbase in the area to perform their air assault. In most cases, especially in a fresh landing, there will be none in range. That's probably why I don't use them, as the range thing really gets to me.

Another point for me really is when i'm attacking coastal areas, I will use Aircraft Carriers to bombard the coastline and patrol the area, covering the section until troops land.

Of course, my tactics are always changing and I have occasionally used airborn depending on the circumstances. Still, as general troop operations, those seem so far and in between by comparison to my marines, which comprise virtually every battle group I send to fight.

I guess this might also be because I use the methodology of the Tsunami, using my forces as a large, unstoppable, slow moving wave that destroys everything in its path. Airborn really don't fit that mold :D
    • I see :D.

I need to play much more, but i'm delighted by the variety CoN offers. So much different "ways", that all can be countered one way or another.

<3
    • I must decline by courtesy, while i do not doubt a word of the lessons and insights i could learn. However, you seek for a challenge, and i can't give you that actually.

IRL, Alliance management, Moderation, all this actually concurs to the fact i can (and want :) ) only one relatively calm game at a time.

Eventually, this summer, when the activity drops (customers taking holidays :D), i'll reconsider the invitation. Getting my bottom kicked will not forbid me from being a good sparring partner

Not speaking, of course, of how i need to actively train and simulate operations, instead of repeating the same and same methods that work on low-activity players. All this will give me a bad muscular memory if i don't work on it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• Will wait eagerly the report of this mini-event. If it works, we need to think bigger.

I'm a old duellist from S1914, and i love this form of martial game ---> so much i say to my younglings that a balanced player needs to train his perception of solo skill, team skill, and duelling skill.

In Solo, you rely to your wits, development, diplomacy, long-term planning and good adaptation to a chaotic world.
      In Team, you rely on trust, coordination, altruism, short-term planning and synergy
      In Duel, you rely on your shield and your sword.