Cruise Missiles are Imbalanced Early in Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

okay - here we go:

Cruise Missile = 5 HP
      SAM = Damage 2 (often x2)
      AA Gun = Damage 1
      TOTAL HP Left = 0

and even if not the damage is scaled accordingly. We actually have one guy who shot 20 !!! CMs at a well assembled fleet and... didn't do zilch. Cause they were all intercepted by the Frigates.
      Now this dude tried one way and one way only and failed. He'd better stealthed his way in with a sub or attacked with planes etc.
      The less we allow players to develop simple one trick pony approaches the more fun the game will be. There are ways. You just gotta find them out.
      As the moron here, yeah I have learned a lot since then on how to deal with things better than a massive hammer of cm's. But i did totally geek on the fact that a dev not only remembered me doing something stupid, but i got referenced in an unrelated thread! I feel so famous. I might even have Kanye criticize me!

To the OP on tactics in defense on day 6. If your opponent has spent his rare materials building 3 research facilities, researching strikes, researching war heads, researching cm's, building level 2 airbases, and then actually building up a force of strikes, and cm's to threaten you sufficiently on day 6, i suggest you laugh at him, because he is dead in 2 days. Doing those things results in another side effect. He has no real effective ground combat units. He will have spend all of his rare and electronics on one attack. So even if you can't defend against his attack and you lose your tank, infantry and arty in that city. You have about 15 -20 other units that you have built and these likely include air mobile, so while he takes out one stack, you just took 4 cities. He will only be defending with a handful of lvl 1 motor inf, and some crv's. your fighters will keep his strikes from hitting you twice, and your ground forces will have him quitting and letting the ai handle the demise of his country.

The best defense is a good offense. If he goes full tilt on one research strategy he is leaving big holes every where else. Don't worry about defending against that ONE attack, make him worry about how he is going to defend against the wall of force invading his country. So you lose a few units. This isn't a real war, the troops are just database entries, they don't bleed.

Do you play chess? I have played against some players that as soon as they lose their queen they effectively give up. You have to adapt, accept that you will lose pieces. You can lose every piece but your king as long as your enemy loses his you win. It is true that it is honorable to die for your country, but it is smarter to make the other guy die for his.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.