Cruise Missiles are Imbalanced Early in Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cruise Missiles are Imbalanced Early in Game

Someone who created this game is completely beyond any knowledge of war tactics etc.
      How to defend land and army against atack from criuse missile, when criuse missile are faster in tech tree than TDS, when cruise missile is so leathal weapon, dosnt require much work to have it, very quick players researching it and quick demolish other player without chance to defence.
      If for defence we want to have TDS we need to research more and built 5 lvl of army base. This is only 1 issue from 20 i have which is making this game akward
    • Reger2 wrote:

How to defend land and army against atack from criuse missile, when criuse missile are faster in tech tree than TDS, when cruise missile is so leathal weapon, dosnt require much work to have it, very quick players researching it and quick demolish other player without chance to defence.
      However, one could argue that since cruise missiles take so long to research, (roughly 2 days for Guided Missile Program and Lvl 1 Cruise Missile, in addition to warhead production [+1 day without morale penalty] and payload delivery system) most would ignore it in return for shorter researches like strike fighters, tanks, etc, which would allow one to keep a rather advanced military against other weapons and become an effective fighting force sooner. Two days with only one effective research slot is quite a long time, not counting the resources that could be spent building things like infantry, strike fighters, or arms industries. Then we also have the cooldown time of cruise missile launches, which prevent spamming by a good amount until later in the game, where one has massed a good amount of launchers or other deployment, where anti-missile defense is also available.

Reger2 wrote:

If for defence we want to have TDS we need to research more and built 5 lvl of army base

As for the TDS needing so much to use, it makes sense. We're talking about a Theater Defense System here, not some portable SAM launcher. It's a weapons platform designed to destroy almost anything in the skies within entire sections or "Theaters" of the battlefield and available to only top of the line militaries, so the high requirements reflect the infrastructure needed for their production, arming, and housing before being deployed against whatever sorry nation attempts to claim your skies.

Reger2 wrote:

This is only 1 issue from 20 i have which is making this game akward

I'd like to hear the other nineteen, no offense intended, just curious about what you find awkward about the game.
    • I cant agree with u Sais, because Im not saying about platform to launch cruise missile, criuse missile can by mostly lauched from strike fighters
      so we have strike fighters researched 1st day tech tree it is 12 hours to have it, also 1st day guided missile program its take 1 day and 16 hrs to have it
      then from 2nd day gryphon cruise missile it takes 15 hrs, Secret weapon lab is cheap can be built 1st day in any city. it takes 16 hrs to have it. max 3 days on game u can have easly 3 of them in your counrty, each of them produce 5 cruise missile it give us 15 pcs, after 6 days you can have 5 strikers. since 6 days you are cappable launch 5 cruise missile from strikers on enemy army and cities. Enemy is defenceless, em I right?
    • There u have
      no. 19 Where is air to air cruise missile dedicated to air superiority fighters? mayby then defence would be even possible against armed strike fighters which can attacking with no hesitation any targed

no. 18 what is an issue in this game artilery towed and even mobile, does anybody used them in any sofisticated strategic way or tactict?
      all players get focuse on air power with criuse missile, as a first strike then infantry finish work. 2-3 days country demolished and conquer.

main issue is all cruise missile armaments supoused to be in tech tree minimum after 10 days, then is real opportunity to be prepared on blitzcrieg against air power attack.

no. 17 why is vector visible balistic missile which is launched from platform? enemy then knows where platform is then. even in COW I dint see vector rocket, only I saw rocket when actually be closed to my units ot city. Here I saw balistic missile aproching on me cos I spotted vector
    • no. 16 affordables of armaments. In real life air crafts are very expensive a lot lot more than ground units eg. artilery can be 20 times cheaper than superiority fighters. So money balanced also could be make difference

eg. cost of mobile artillery 2340$ and time spent to built it 1 day 2hrs
      aircraft carrier cost 2025$ and time spend to built it 1 day 18 hrs which time spending is another 15 issue, and small steps I can go to 1 trying to sugest only, make this game perfect, but I dont have power to change anything

another issue aircraft carriers are very powerfull in real life, I didnt have chance to even use them from the reason of when fights starts, there is no even time to thinking about it.

another issue where are sea to air cruise missile tide with long range radar to detroy aircrafts from distance 300 km

another issue where is electronic radar jam systems, that enemy crafts patrol on our counrty would not se what we have, what kind of armaments, only blue dots, then patroled craft could be shooted down, and attacker might be concerns something happend but what?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Reger2 ().

• Hi Reger,

I feel your pain, but I do believe we want to change the title of this thread to something a bit more descriptive.
      When designing CON we deliberately allowed CMs to be available early - just like tanks, Strikes and other pretty decent tech.
      A counter against CM's is actually not so hard to set up - you research and build the Point Defense Mobile Anti Air (not very effective vs missiles but still a little bit) and of course the SAM Launcher.
      SAM is your best friend because it has range - so quite probably will strike the CM upon it entering the missile envelope and again upon the missile striking - bolstered by a PD gun this should pretty much take care of the missile.
      Obviously there should not be a 100% shield but it will work and don't forget: you can stack air defense but NOT missiles. So... If one is good, two generally are better...

Concerning the tactics: I've been studying military tactics since the 80's - but it's still a game and not a sim.
      As you rightfully pointed out the easiest way to throw CMs at the opponent is Strike Fighters. In today's dynamic battlefield environment Air Superiority is an absolutely integral part of winning the war.
      If you allow the other player to see you, and do not deny him his air capabilities he will destroy you. So the best way of making sure the enemy doesn't cruises at you is denying him the room to maneuver.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hi germanico

Sam doesn't much has effectivnes vs CMs, TDS yes it is good enough, but out of reach in 6 days.
      maybe radars jam would be in concern to prevent be easy target.

ps. Could u explain me how really works TDS here? I mean how many CMs it is cappable to shoot down?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Reger2 ().

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Hahaahhaha, CoN already has its first 'hater'. You're on the right track, @Germanico
      the range of the planes/missiles is LARGE.

at one point of the game, transport planes can literally get from Murmansk to south Africa.....
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
      That's one reason why the game got its first hater.
    • missiles as additional tech can be quite good, but of there are a few sam's, or frigates (which are amazingly good against them) well.. then missiles are average to bad actually. Especially if someone has 4 strikefighters. the range on those is good enough to take them out, and 1 run is enough to take out a lone missile launcher in 1 go. fast and quick. takes a max of an hour for your fighters to get there. even 2 groups of 3 fighters can do the trick and they arrive allot faster too. Put some bombers on top of that for range compensation for the lack of airfields.. well. 4 bombers would be overkill. 2 is enough to swiftly deal with those.

No, the balance is not off. The balance is perfect. There should just be no tinkering with that.
      I believe you should deepen yourself's into game mechanics a bit more, so far everything is very realistic and very well balanced. There are some alterations to be made but the dev team knows about it and are working on it. And if they do not know then they will sooner or later. You can pin me on that.

So basically, play, learn, try new tactics, and dont get upset, just figure out a different way. And be happy that you are not a military commander irl, you would have caused deaths of millions :P (as would I RAAAWR) lolz
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Draza wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

Hahaahhaha, CoN already has its first 'hater'. You're on the right track, @Germanico
      the range of the planes/missiles is LARGE.

at one point of the game, transport planes can literally get from Murmansk to south Africa.....
      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
      That's one reason why the game got its first hater.
      If you are not prepaired to play game with realistic situations, and a modern battlefield, Well if you cant handle the more skill required to play CoN Then go Play CoW

Cruise missiles have their weaknesses and its a show of skill that a player can plan his defense against them. TDS is one way, another is targeting their weapons labs ( if you can find them :P )
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Reger2 wrote:

So it means u trying to tell me that there is way to be prepared in 6 days against 5 strikers armed with CMs?
      Tell me how Im very curius
      kill the jets
      kill the airbase
      build CMs first
      dont be an idiot by using stacks on the ground
      build Frigates

Want more?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • you can be prepared starting on day 1.

I already explained.

It's super easy. Make 6 fighters. BOOM and you will easily take out CMs, and his strikefighters will suffer immensely.
      Why do you think fighters are allot faster and cheaper to make? and only require af1?
      By the time he has 5 or 6 strike fighters you can easily have 10 fighters, but by then the first few strike fighters he will have made will already have perished due to your fighters.

And as stated before, 2 groups of 2 or 3 fighters each sent in a train on a lone single CM launcher will make a instant kill.
      If that CM launcher has a mobile aa and a few infantry you can still use your fighters, the CM launcher will die first.

If you do not know this, then it confirms my suspicions of you not trying out different tactics.

So I will repeat my earlier writings:

"So basically, play, learn, try new tactics, and do not get upset, just figure out a different way. And be happy that you are not a military commander irl, you would have caused deaths of millions (as would I RAAAWR) lolz"
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

kill the jets - negative u dont kill jets, simple reason u sleep cos its just a game, oppenent dosnt, destroying yours lines od defens and rest of the job finish land units.

kill the airbase - negative how u can destroy opponent's airbase in 6 days? it means ur invader which is completely opposite what I said.

build CMs first - negative, thats still is not right answer on my qusestion, question is how to defend. if ie. u turn on ur comp. and see in 10 minuts are arriving 2 squadrons of 4x3 and 4x3 where 4 is fighter and 3 is striker on one of ur city with tank, infatry, artillery in it. U have 10 minuts, what u gonna do? its 6 day.

dont be an idiot by using stacks on the ground - negative, u trying to tell me ur units are riding with no porpouse on ur country living cities defenceless? or even cities can be moved? thats somoething I didn't know.

build Frigate - negative some location doesnt give u even point to have it ie. attack from Moscow to Warsaw what give u frigate?

Want more? positive I want more, but reasonable

• IshXIII wrote:

you can be prepared starting on day 1.

I already explained.

It's super easy. Make 6 fighters. BOOM and you will easily take out CMs, and his strikefighters will suffer immensely.
      Why do you think fighters are allot faster and cheaper to make? and only require af1?
      By the time he has 5 or 6 strike fighters you can easily have 10 fighters, but by then the first few strike fighters he will have made will already have perished due to your fighters. - I understood what u trying to tell me, but I have life so if im out of game cos work of whatever ma 10 fighters dont defend me in 6 day so doesnt make sens our answer only TDS are doing very good job and u know it. SAM's can't defend u as good as TDS.

And as stated before, 2 groups of 2 or 3 fighters each sent in a train on a lone single CM launcher will make a instant kill.
      If that CM launcher has a mobile aa and a few infantry you can still use your fighters, the CM launcher will die first.

If you do not know this, then it confirms my suspicions of you not trying out different tactics. No really, somehow Im not cappable to defend my country on 6 days from CM' attack

So I will repeat my earlier writings:

"So basically, play, learn, try new tactics, and do not get upset, just figure out a different way. And be happy that you are not a military commander irl, you would have caused deaths of millions (as would I RAAAWR) lolz" thats thing u dont know nothing about me. It is opposite what u trying suggest.

PS. fighters are more expensive now after today's update

• Yo, so far pretty much no one I've played with has bothered researching cruise missiles. The thing with CoN is that there are so many things available for researching at the same time that if someone decides to research the cruise missile side of things, someone else will have probably researched the fighter side of things. And the thing is - you can't win a war using only cruise missiles.

#GoForThe18th
    • Reger2 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

kill the jets - negative u dont kill jets, simple reason u sleep cos its just a game, oppenent dosnt, destroying yours lines od defens and rest of the job finish land units.

kill the airbase - negative how u can destroy opponent's airbase in 6 days? it means ur invader which is completely opposite what I said.

build CMs first - negative, thats still is not right answer on my qusestion, question is how to defend. if ie. u turn on ur comp. and see in 20 minuts are arriving 2 squadrons of 4x3 and 4x3 where 4 is fighter and 3 is striker on one of ur city with tank, infatry, artillery in it. U have20 minuts, what u gonna do? its 6 day.

dont be an idiot by using stacks on the ground - negative, u trying to tell me ur units are riding with no porpouse on ur country living cities defenceless? or even cities can be moved? thats somoething I didn't know.

build Frigate - negative some location doesnt give u even point to have it ie. attack from Moscow to Warsaw what give u frigate?

Want more? positive I want more, but reasonable

Oure advice is not well taken I see, now you are just trolling and making up invalid excuses and starting to place ridiculous demands and arguments, this is starting to become a joke.. Last time; put it to the test. Instead of talking and making up stuff without even trying.

I am not going to invest any more time in you, go ahead keep bumping your head against the wall as I'm sure our advice is not working at all for anyone.. Thats why we are the lowest in rankings. That is definitely not becouse of a bug. We really have no idea what we are talking about.

Hey kid, If you want a game where you only need to defend and not attack at all then go play with barbies.
    • okay - here we go:

Cruise Missile = 5 HP
      SAM = Damage 2 (often x2)
      AA Gun = Damage 1
      TOTAL HP Left = 0

and even if not the damage is scaled accordingly. We actually have one guy who shot 20 !!! CMs at a well assembled fleet and... didn't do zilch. Cause they were all intercepted by the Frigates.
      Now this dude tried one way and one way only and failed. He'd better stealthed his way in with a sub or attacked with planes etc.
      The less we allow players to develop simple one trick pony approaches the more fun the game will be. There are ways. You just gotta find them out.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf