Radar System (Mobile and Fixed)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Radar System (Mobile and Fixed)

I would like to propose the implantation of Radar Systems, being mobile and fixed, to capture the enemy approach of Longe.
      These Radar systems should not have any type of Defense / Attack weapon

It must be quite vain to any bombardment.

On the other hand, it should have a very wide reach, according to the technological research.

This will clearly undermine the "Surprise Factor", but in current times, every country has a Radar system so as not to be attacked unprepared.

That would change the Tactics of War almost completely.

Mobile Radar:

Fixed Radar:

What do you say?
    • This is genius.I absolutely love this idea. They'd provide a ground AWACS type unit,which the game really lacks. I personally dislike the idea of having to build a ton of AWACS to cover your nation effectively,so this could be great. The low defense is also wonderful too,since quick missions to take out enemy warning systems is a modern reality. An idea to add onto this would be 2 things:
      1)Disable ability to detect enemy missiles when they first launch,and only be able to see them when in sight/over friendly territory,and;
      2)Have a building that can only be constructed in the capitol,'Satellite Network',which allows you to see missiles when they launch,reversing the effects of the last idea.
      Overall though,wonderful idea,I hope Germanico likes it :)
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Fixed Radar

- It would be built in the Provinces
      - Having a very high cost to build
      - Vailable as any other Building
      - Available to build from day 1
      - The Radar screen should have a very wide range

Mobile Radar

- It would be a mobile unit
      - No Attack or Defense Force
      - Having a high cost to build
      - Could be placed on any terrain
      - Available to build from day 1
      - The Radar screen should have a large range, but smaller than the Fixed Radar

* In terms of exact costs I can not need, but would have to be very expensive due to the great utility of these devices of Defense
    • not from day 1, no way, it should be same as awacs or even bit later... otherwise they would be way op. (though id like it from day 1 lol) but range should be huge indeed. and not only cost but build time and upkeep should be costly too, for example it should be like if you have not invaded anything yet that you can only build 1 or 2 of them, but in that case they first have to apply the demolish building option which they will sooner or later. there are already mobile radars. they are called mobile sams and theater defence systems.

Especially the later gives a great cover. If you have 4 of those in your home country and an awacs or 2 you can basically cover almost everything strategically. I think the range of sucha building when placed inside your home country, in the center., it should be that great that it covers 2-3 provinces outside or so. That would make it pure def and coordination weapon, and it wont take away from theaters and awacs.

Concerning costs, i´d say make the build time and resource cost exactly the same as a bunker lvl5.
      And I do not think the building should be up-gradable.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -

The post was edited 1 time, last by IshXIII ().

• Building - no for design reasons. Unit - why not? Added ground radar units to our backlog.
      Please also note that your provinces now show all air units - so essentially they have "civilian radar".

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• Nope sorry, no radar building. But we are working on the mobile radar units.

Factually the game already has limited "air traffic" radar in your own provinces - and militarily speaking a fixed radar site is a dead radar site.

If you want to use radar in modern war you really should be mobile... for health reasons.

Mobile Radar Units:
      • Tier 1 will be light and limited
      • Tier 2 will be have good range and survivability
      • Tier 3 will be like 2 but improved range and anti-stealth vs air units
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Yea a ground based Radar is needed, wouldnt bother with a building. But make the unit slow and similar in properites to TDS, slow and will crushed in a ground fight...
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Samuel PM wrote:

Excellent news.

Thank you to the CON Team for taking this suggestion into account.
      Samuel, Im going to play a wildcard here and think you are Brazilian.

Im working on a possible Brazilian Tech tree, maybe come take a look if you have any advice or may just want to take a look XD
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu