FEEDBACK FOR CURRENT 26 PLAYER WORLD MAP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think the 26 player map is an adequate size. The main issue I have with it right now is that, despite obvious efforts by the game developers to even out the playing field, there still remain sizeable inequities between some of the starting countries (such as Russia and China each having 10 home cities versus the usual 8 for other countries. As we know, home cities have much higher production capabilities than annexed cities, so it definitely gives these countries an edge at the beginning of the game. Obviously there have been efforts made to even out the playing field, but I'd still like to see a bit more tweaking.

Another irritant for me has been the different resources produced by home cities. Most countries have 8 cities to start with, but not necessarily the same number of cities producing each type of resource. For example, Germany as a starting country will produce more Electronics than Italy, whereas Italy will produce more Supplies. The problem is that production doesn't occur at the same rate for every type of resource. Cities producing Supplies, Components and Fuel produce these at a much higher rate than cities producing Electronics or Rare Materials. You would therefore expect that Supplies, Components and Fuel would be similarly priced on the Market, whereas Electronics and Rare Materials would yield a higher price given their relative rarity. This is not the case however, as Electronics and Fuel are priced significantly lower than Supplies and Components. Essentially, I would just like to see the game metrics adjusted so that the final cash value of the base production of home cities would be practically identical for all countries. This way, there wouldn't be any advantage or disadvantage to starting with any given country.

As an illustration to this lack of balance, I would note that when I played Vietnam in one game, with three home cities producing Supplies and one producing Electronics, I often had extra Supplies to sell on the market, and could use the money to purchase other resources that my cities didn't produce enough of, such as Electronics and Fuel. On the flip side, I'm playing a game as Germany right now, which has two cities producing Supplies and two producing Electronics. Given the high demand for Supplies throughout the game for construction, mobilization and research, I'm always missing Supplies and have been selling Electronics and using the cash to purchase Supplies. However, because Electronics are produced at a lower rate and priced at a lower price on the Market, I find myself comparatively poorer than when I played Vietnam.

I realize the game was designed to emulate a thoroughly uneven world and huge strides have been made to put everyone on equal footing, but I really feel there could be a quick fix to this issue that would help even out the game even more. It's really the only gripe I have with the current 26-player map, and if ever other map formats were to be created, I would hope that the game developers would take this into account when designing such a map.
    • NorthernDreams wrote:

such as Russia and China each having 10 home cities versus the usual 8 for other countries.

This way, there wouldn't be any advantage or disadvantage to starting with any given country.
      Yeah, tell that to USS when Canada & Mexico became allies and attack - nightmare. Even 12 cities for USS would not make a big difference in that scenario. China? Japan/Russia and Vietnam, good luck with that. Russia? 4 cities in Asia - good luck when China and or Japan go for them and destroy russian airfields in Far East. If there is something wrong with balance of 8 vs 10 cities it's harsh geostrategic situation of those 10 cities countries. Most regular countries have a lot better strategic position.

I can play dice if I want fair chances. It's not Risk alike game man.
    • so this is my 2 cents plz be critical:
      what if in the hundred game as the world developed if moral got low in areas their would be a large scale rebel state like isis or the Confederate states? then those are ofc weaker the their mother nation but like America you have a group of people who reject that they are being ruled by a distant government, for example if I held Germany and I was started in the USA then the Germans may reject my rule and a region of say 6 providences and 1 city all become something like "Confederate republic of Germany" that would be a nice feature for the 100 game the normal games don't have strong alliances to fight rebel republics.
      also, I think it would be nice to see some of the smaller nations placed into it all cuz we would now need dozens more cities. I say shrink the large territories in like the usa and USSR areas. all the areas with one cities get two now, and nations like the usa get some more of the homeland nations like Atlanta and salt lake.
      the one thing that absolutely must happen is more cities, more players, more territories, more cities, maybe some new relations. the relations would have to be some things like incompatible alliances (like china and Taiwan) based of old hatred and things like that, and some feature like when the game starts it automatically teams weak nation to big ones, like Israel, and the us. or north korea and china u know? based of rl alliances.
      Islands, specially the Falkland isles.
      alrighty, bless you poor soul who read this entire thing!
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • On the bridge point: You could drive infantry or armor from UK to France in the channel tunnel as long as you controlled or had ROW to both sides of the tunnel and clear access across the channel (no enemy naval units between). No need to build it, it already exists. It would not be a viable means to attack though because the opposing side would simply destroy you in the tunnel or destroy the tunnel with you in it. Other areas with existing commercial high volume public vehicle ferries, or multi lane freeways (such as one that connects Istanbul with asia minor) could be other areas that armies could cross with reduced or eliminated embarking/disembarking. These and other crossings are just an idea to make the game feel well thought out and contemporary and should only be pursued after more important features are improved or added.