Increasing resource production

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increasing resource production

The economy of the Countries is not developing neither with the construction and expansion of Factories nor with the conquest of new Territories that have production.

I find it interesting if Ports and Airports could increase the production of resources.

- [b]Maritime Port[/b]

The Maritime Port should be the one that most increases the production of resources, considering that it is the gateway to Foreign Trade of all Countries.

- Airport

The Airport could produce less resources, as it also receives cargo planes through Foreign Trade and even Domestic Trade.

It could also be implemented highways and railroads to increase the production and development of the Cities, and also the morale of the Population.

- Highways

- Railways
    • This will not happen. We are not a city builder game - we are war game about WW3.
      I don't know which games you are playing but in my games the economy is growing - both in my homeland as well as in my conquered and annexed provinces.
      Are you expecting a COW like cornucopia of resources washing everything away? Sorry no - this is not how we've balanced the game.
      I took the time to check several of your running games - and I found nothing wrong.

Please tell me exactly what is not producing and what you are expecting. Simply stating "The Economy is not Working" doesn't help.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • You're not going to make the Game turn Sim Sim City.

In Supremacy-1914 and in the Call of War, these constructions increase the production of resources and nevertheless did not become a Sim City.

And to maintain a War the Country needs Resources and Money.

Daily production is very low, every day or you decide to research or produce two to three strong units, or a weak five that are cheaper.

Factories are growing very little in resource production.

And with each unit you produce, the more negative you get, because of the maintenance costs of the units.
    • Actually this question is really at the core of all my questions about this game. I am sort of an economics geek. The challenge for me is in building resources, production capacity, and armaments. Don't get me wrong. I am ready, willing, and able to kick your butt and take what I want. But, after I have your cities and provinces, how do I increase (other then morale) the production of money, manpower, and resources?
    • Cites grow a bit every day and increase the production a bit every day. Maximum right now is population 10 which translates to 125% of the resource it had as city pop 5 with 100 morale. On top you get the Arms Factory increasing above production by 5% per level to a max of 25%.

Population can be increased by building Hospitals and saved by Bunkers.

Effectively you can increase city production to (100*1.25)*1.25 at 100 morale.

An example base production rate at pop 5 and morale 100 would be e.g. 3000 supplies.

For annexed cities the same holds true except that they only produce 25% of their base production value.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Cites grow a bit every day and increase the production a bit every day. Maximum right now is population 10 which translates to 125% of the resource it had as city pop 5 with 100 morale. On top you get the Arms Factory increasing above production by 5% per level to a max of 25%.

An example base production rate at pop 5 and morale 100 would be e.g. 3000 supplies.

For annexed cities the same holds true except that they only produce 25% of their base production value.
      Thanks for the feedback
    • We will of course continue testing and updating the economy.

Dorado has absolutely no intention to starve the player of resources. And we are not doing this to monetize either, because just like you, we as players would not simply buy all resources that are missing. And we don't expect our players to do so either.

The main reason we want to get the economy balanced is creating meaningful expansionist gameplay, where resources matter.

I already have some good ideas on how to allow you to influence this should it be necessary.
      The real challenge is to balance out the different play styles of our gamers...
    • Germanico, you say that this is a war game... But the most annoying thing about this game is that the mor lands and cities you conguer, the less resources you produce. I am playing Poland at one of the maps. In the beginning I was producing over 400 suplies and components per hour. I build arms industry level 5 in all my homeland cities. Over 30 days I conquered half of Germany, Sweden, Finland, Central and Eastern Europe and European part of Russia. Despite all those land conquered my output dropped to 200 supplies and 100 components.
    • Hi Ryan,

I just answered in the other thread. Will look into it asap - pls provide your user name and game ID if it differs from the forum login.

Clearly the idea is to provide MORE not less. Let me check it out and get back.

Best,

// Germanico
    • Germanico, map: 1772615. Nickname: Ryan1985.

udeadleader, well I do. After 30 days of map I have economy quite well developed, first rank in map and half of victory points needed to win the game. Despite this, I can produce only 1-2 units per day because of insufficient resource. That simply makes the game a little bit boring at this stage.

And if someone attacked my homeland cities with cruise/nuke missiles - the game would be over for me. I simply would not be able to gather enough resources to repair the damage and rebuilt.
    • Okay - checked it out. Thanks for pointing it out Ryan, this helps.
      I immediately spotted some things that indicate why you are not making more resources, but that's okay - we don't want to provide only one way to play.
      As usual we designers tend to be project blind to a degree and favor certain play styles because we designed around them for one reason or another.

What I found in your game was that you massively reduced city population by WMD attacks before conquering wiping them off the earth in parts.
      This is a valid tactic BUT comes at a price: Your own population doesn't really approve and even worse - the enemy population is so reduced that it doesn't recover for a long time.
      With low pop comes low yield - increased by the fact that some cities are not annexed and thus not able to get beyond 50% morale.
      Effectively conserving your forces comes at an economical and morale price in this case. But...

All this being said, I do also see a clear lack of reward for successful conquest in the late game: and that's what needs to change.
      So rest assured we will discuss this again internally and adjust what needs to be adjusted in favor of the conquering player.
      Effectively it really should pay off to build up your conquered cities and gain from them. Otherwise it ends in a downward spiral and where's the fun in that?

Keep it up,

Germanico
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

This game focuses solely on war. If you want in-depth economics, HoI4.
      War is driven, fed, and created by economics. In any extended conflict, or even a coordinated multi-front attack, without a well developed economy and infrastructure you would not stand a straw man's chance in a hurricane.

Germanico wrote:

Cites grow a bit every day and increase the production a bit every day. Maximum right now is population 10 which translates to 125% of the resource it had as city pop 5 with 100 morale. On top you get the Arms Factory increasing above production by 5% per level to a max of 25%.

OK, let's see if I understand this.

Resources can be increased by Arms Industry building. The increase is a consistent 5% with no upkeep cost. I hope that the build cost does not increase per level. Even at the lower levels, it will take a long time to amortize the investment. (There is a special case. Rare materials are just that - rare. Market prices for rare materials are 3 times the market average price of other resources. This key imbalance gives the gold players a huge advantage. May I suggest reducing the demand until rare materials are no more than double the average market price of other materials?)

Manpower is increased by Recruiting Office building. Again a modest, consistent 5% increase per level. Upgrade cost is reasonable but that is balanced against the rarity of building spaces.

Which raises another question. How do building spaces increase and what is the maximum? Making every construction increase the fortification of a city is a great idea.

Resources, manpower, and money. So what is it that increases money production? This is a key point since it is money that allows access to the full range of materials available on the open market.

And all this grows if we wait long enough for morale and population to grow. I understand that 100% morale gives 125% base production. At what morale level is there 100% production? And am I correct in thinking the x% increase in resource production is that % of current production based on morale?

Are the morale increase and population increase linked 1:1, or at some ratio, or do they move independently? You say population can be increased by building hospitals. I can't find ingame information on this. How does that work?

Economic opportunities for beer money players creates huge armies and long running battles and all the strategy and alliances that go with that. A weak economy, especially early in the game, gives an insurmountable advantage to the gold players.
    • JackSym wrote:

War is driven, fed, and created by economics. In any extended conflict, or even a coordinated multi-front attack, without a well developed economy and infrastructure you would not stand a straw man's chance in a hurricane.
      Wow. I didn't know. But this isn't HoI4. This is CoN. If the game was too complex, no one would play because the type of player that plays this game is generally radically different from the one that plays HoI4.

#GoForThe18th
    • Yes this is possible, Ryan.
      Nonetheless I will calculate the late game economy again with the guys in the office to see if we can optimize it.

Concerning complex economics and AI - this is the domain of single player games such as Europa Universalis or Hearts of Iron. But that doesn't mean we should not have any... it's the balance that does it.