Falkland Islands

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Falkland Islands

Why does the Falkland Islands come under Argentina's flag????? My father was involved in the fight to bring them back under the British flag after Argentina invaded them in 1982.
      I'm sure the Islanders them selves as well as the Uk family's who lost loved ones in this conflict will be disgusted to find out about this!!!!
    • andyd6541 wrote:

Why does the Falkland Islands come under Argentina's flag????? My father was involved in the fight to bring them back under the British flag after Argentina invaded them in 1982.
      I'm sure the Islanders them selves as well as the Uk family's who lost loved ones in this conflict will be disgusted to find out about this!!!!
      chill out, the 26 player map is not accurate......

ESPECIALLY THE BALKANS

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draza ().

• your father.. omg seriously. you dont even have anything to do with it.
      and ohw yeaaaah ofcourse those 5 people and 50 sheep living on the islas malvinas who do not even play this game will be crying so much about this that they will actually go to their governments and demand that bitrow changes it

please grow up and think a bit logical
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Please everyone chill. High respect for your father Andy - in no way are we setting political statements.

Being a game we try to simplify things and having an island half the world away would make defeating the U.K. basically impossible unless the player would move a unit all the way down to the Falklands. That's all.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Please everyone chill. High respect for your father Andy - in no way are we setting political statements.

Being a game we try to simplify things and having an island half the world away would make defeating the U.K. basically impossible unless the player would move a unit all the way down to the Falklands. That's all.
      Just a suggestion, wouldn't it make more sense to just have them not assigned to any particular country? There are plenty of islands you can't even click on, and they are just 'scenery'. Making them part of Argentina really is kind of offensive. And I am Canadian, we are about as chill as a people can be. Make Taiwan part of China, belfast part of Ireland, and Alaska part of Canada if non contiguous is an issue. But I am betting THOSE would get people uppity.
      and to IshXIII, they are the Falkland Islands, not Islas Malvinas, you don't get to just make up fake names for places just because some argentinian losers THINK they should have had them and got their paella's kicked. Tin horned dictators don't even hit the first face on my totem pole, so their opinions on the name of islands is worth about as much as Sodamn Who'sSane?'s ideas about Kuwaits sovereignty.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • I am very happy to see on the new 45 player map, the Falklands are again British.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

I am very happy to see on the new 45 player map, the Falklands are again British.
      Of course, unlike real life. It's far to easy for the Argies to take them, and a pain in the hole if you're UK to take them back. Though the limited value does add a "why bother?" caveat.

Edit: Once forward operating bases are added though, they'll be some OP little islands.
    • Jamhougin wrote:

War-spite wrote:

I am very happy to see on the new 45 player map, the Falklands are again British.
      Of course, unlike real life. It's far to easy for the Argies to take them, and a pain in the hole if you're UK to take them back. Though the limited value does add a "why bother?" caveat.

Edit: Once forward operating bases are added though, they'll be some OP little islands.
      Why bother to hold the Islands?

I'll tell you why: Mecha-Penguins. The Brit secret weapon.
    • Jamhougin wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

Why bother to hold the Islands?

I'll tell you why: Mecha-Penguins. The Brit secret weapon.
      I meant why bother, purely in game.Obviously in real life the Mecha-Penguins are of great value to The Crown. SHEESH!! What do you take me for?
      I have to say, I have an obsession when i play the uk. I almost always end up at war with argentina because i want them back. I was 11 during the falkland war and followed the news religiously. Re-enacted each days happenings in my basement with my model ships, planes, and 1/72 army men. And as a loyal son of Ireland, regardless of the in game benefit, I could never bring myself to attack ireland (ok not 100% true, i did it once, and felt horrible)

The point is we do things in game that make almost no sense, we do it because of our own quirks. Like in COW, I HAD to every game, control Malta. I would then build a level 5 bunker and arm it to the teeth. It was my fotress, and always became my capital. Why? I like Malta. History buff and Old school Catholic, Malta is to that type like skywalker ranch is to jedi-wannabe-kenobi
      ----------------------

• I agree - how can we totally useless developers simply not get our priorities straight and not immediately implement such great nations as San Marino? :rolleyes:

Armenia FYI will feature in future versions of our map, once we expand it to 100+ nations.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• Germanico wrote:

I agree - how can we totally useless developers simply not get our priorities straight and not immediately implement such great nations as San Marino?

Armenia FYI will feature in future versions of our map, once we expand it to 100+ nations.

//G
      While you're at it add Ireland as a playable nation. Of course they would need an increased luck factor in all engagements as per real life "Luck of the Irish" and special unit called the McGregor that just punches things to death.
    • Jamhougin wrote:

Germanico wrote:

I agree - how can we totally useless developers simply not get our priorities straight and not immediately implement such great nations as San Marino?

//G
      While you're at it add Ireland as a playable nation. Of course they would need an increased luck factor in all engagements as per real life "Luck of the Irish" and special unit called the McGregor that just punches things to death.
      Yes this needs to be a thing, and "craggy Island" has to be there... haha
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu