Game Length and Victory Points

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Length and Victory Points

Dear players,

Now that you've been playing this game a few days, nuked around, dabbled in chems and conquered the wastelands:

• HOW LONG SHOULD A GAME ON THE 26 PLAYER MAP LAST?
      • AND HOW ARE THE POINTS SCALING UP?

I know this is a bit of a tricky question because a) the points are dynamic b) we changed them and c) everyone plays this game a bit differently, but I am still interested in your personal opinion.

Please bring it on (no poll for this because I want to hear what you think rather than just clicking a/b/c)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I'm currently at the 10th day and my invasion of United States is quite long as I lack of manpower despite upgrading all my recruiting offices when I can and that I'm +104/h. A game should last at least two months I think ;)
      Tsar_Lyagushka
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations
      Modérateur FR / FR Moderator
      Equipe de soutien dans la Communauté Française / French Community Support
    • havent had any mp issues yet, except on 1 map, but thats becouse i spawned many specforces, infantry and helicopter dudes. so as far as mp i dont see an issue. money seems to be fairly balanced as well though i want more!!! lol

biggest issue seems to be oil, electronics and depending on the nation playing as, either goods or components, so the latter is actually sort of balanced out. Electronics only when having 2 cores, fuel, same thing but later on ingame fuel even then becomes a issue. but all of this is not far off of being balanced out. so the minor adjustment you guys are making might pull it off.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • Oh no, Draza... I hate to break it to you, but they are NOT conquering at all: only infantry conquers provinces and cities and they do it immediately!

I guess we really need a message or something pointing this out early in the match.

Sorry for the waiting game :( If you want guys that are exceptionally quick about it - get some Airmobile Infantry
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • my feedback is already here FEEDBACK FOR CURRENT 26 PLAYER WORLD MAP

HOW LONG SHOULD A GAME ON THE 26 PLAYER MAP LAST?

at least 1,5 month. As for VP needed to win I would like the best about 1500/1800 not sure if this would be 1/4 1/3 or whatever of starting VP. But before 1st VP nerf it was about 1500 on my maps and I believed it to be very good ratio. Now it is about 1000 and that is not enough to have longer fun and play with all toys.

AND HOW ARE THE POINTS SCALING UP?
      badly, can't see any noticeable change on my 3 maps above 2nd/3rd week of them

PS
      You could consider making alliance victory possible. But that would require to have no more than let say 3 alliances between the same players on map. VP threshold in that case should be about 1/3 higher than for SP.
    • I am in day 20. I lead with 215/1158. I have taken 4 complete countries. Tonight will be my fifth and a few days ago I started to build marines and now researching a navy.

I am not sure how long a game should last. I love the detail of this game and it has so many options. I love it. It reminds me of Squad Leader. I am almost to modern with some of my troop types.

I like the slower pace. I seem to gain about 20 or so VP per country.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • I think the game does not need VP points , players should enjoy and have lots of time playing their well developed cities and all that hard work cant be just like that over .-. , I honestly think it would be more awesome if we can stay in the round till someone take all over the world its more interesting , and all the hard work will be saved we would have more time building larger Armies taking over seas and much more it would be fun and more realistic and it saves our used gold , this is my opinion , or you can just shorten the training hours to 1 Hour and building to 1 Hour and resource doubled so players who are joining on the 6th day or 15th day can at least build something and join the war please consider my ideas and ask the players if they would agree , it is fair
      e.e lets reket the world :thumbsup:
    • dollchild wrote:

I think the game does not need VP points , players should enjoy and have lots of time playing their well developed cities and all that hard work cant be just like that over .-. , I honestly think it would be more awesome if we can stay in the round till someone take all over the world its more interesting , and all the hard work will be saved we would have more time building larger Armies taking over seas and much more it would be fun and more realistic and it saves our used gold , this is my opinion , or you can just shorten the training hours to 1 Hour and building to 1 Hour and resource doubled so players who are joining on the 6th day or 15th day can at least build something and join the war please consider my ideas and ask the players if they would agree , it is fair
      I could go for that. I am at 340 right now and having run into tanks I can see I need to refit my inf div as well as make other adjustments. I wrote out a list of how I want land, air, and sea forces to be. Not to mention resource development in both home and annexed cities. All of that takes time with the length of mobilization and research. 1 hr might be too short though.
    • DevinMacGregor wrote:

dollchild wrote:

I think the game does not need VP points , players should enjoy and have lots of time playing their well developed cities and all that hard work cant be just like that over .-. , I honestly think it would be more awesome if we can stay in the round till someone take all over the world its more interesting , and all the hard work will be saved we would have more time building larger Armies taking over seas and much more it would be fun and more realistic and it saves our used gold , this is my opinion , or you can just shorten the training hours to 1 Hour and building to 1 Hour and resource doubled so players who are joining on the 6th day or 15th day can at least build something and join the war please consider my ideas and ask the players if they would agree , it is fair
      I could go for that. I am at 340 right now and having run into tanks I can see I need to refit my inf div as well as make other adjustments. I wrote out a list of how I want land, air, and sea forces to be. Not to mention resource development in both home and annexed cities. All of that takes time with the length of mobilization and research. 1 hr might be too short though.
      yes but the point is faster building and faster mobilizing units is good Idea for someone who joined in the 10th day , the issues that it takes too much time while building or even trying to get more units , if it is shorten at least to 50% players will remain online , I am playing china in one game and since I started till now I have 45 units and all my resource production is good but I didn't go in any war and i am still waiting to get more units more development across my cities it just either they shorten it or they increases it , more time so we have huge of 1000 to 10k units real global war real game .-.
      e.e lets reket the world :thumbsup:
    • I understand what you are saying and actually agreed to short times but just that 1 hr was a tad too short. It would not apply to just newer players jumping it but to all players so current players would be just that much further ahead. They max out recruiting centers and they are mobilization at what? 30 minutes? I have 96 units right now and well over 100 provinces. After taking SA my production just shot up and that was without cranking up factories.

I like the complexity of this game but would hate to see it turn into Warcraft or Starcraft. This is a wargame simulator and these units are abstract. One tank represents a whole regiment of tanks. One infantry represents a battalion of infantry. That is 4 companies of 4 platoons each with 30 to 45 men per. A regiment is 2 battalions. That would be 4 companies of tanks for each battalion. Roughly 14-16 tanks per company. That is not counting the internal support groups.

I was in the 1st Cav. Most of these players have probably never been in the military so do not know TO&E. I am seeing most players just rush into fighting with single units and probably quit because they have exhausted their supplies and cannot build fast enough. A 1 hr mobilization would not get them to learn anything other than to rush even more into fighting. The Brazilian player on my map had a military pact with me. I would watch him. He was far ahead of me in VPs. He had taken two very small countries by the time I started to take one. It was at least 8 days till I attacked my first country and lucky enough to be in a more remote area away from most active players. I started stacking right away making divisions. I have taken 6 countries so far. Most of my inf is advanced except for Marines who are stuck in Beirut time.

There is a huge learning curve with this game as you have to manage resource production, morale, economy of scale as to not extend yourself too thin, etc. I think far too many quit before they have a handle on it. That Brazilian player is still trying to take Columbia but I am watching him attack with single tanks. Tanks can't conquer. He has built no airports in the cities he has conquered and has now gone the route of an expensive navy. I have one destroyer now. He has 33 units. At 96 units I am looking at doubling it. I build airports in every city first upon annexing. This allows me to airlift in troops all over the place. I had 7 countries declare war on me with three of them crossing the border. I was able to rush troops from my current front to the now active fronts and fend off these invasions. The slowness of movement is such a huge defense in this game. So airlift becomes all that more important to counter offenses. As now my Inf Div have faced tanks. I need to stack tanks with them as well. I already do that for my tank div. They have tanks and inf. I take countries really fast. I am now adding attack helos to my gunship wings. Air superiority to my Strike wings and Strike to my Fighter Wings. All to give more flexibility.

So again I agree that the times to research and mobilize are a tad long but shortening them too much such as 1 hr would not make it easier for someone to jump in at say day 10 unless they were an experienced player. They still have production, economy of scale, etc to worry about. I am seeing in chat people constantly asking how to increase morale without spending real money and how to stop rogue states from happening. I am reading how some just nuke other players. Which tells me maybe there is not enough penalty in the game for using them. I used to play a board game called Supremacy. It had nukes but if you used so many of them the game was over and everyone lost as Nuclear Winter was set. You could not go that far here as you would have grief players building to that point and then launching nukes to kill the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DevinMacGregor ().

• Day 46 Im top of the board only have to chem one live player as I have formed Pacts with the other live players.My main problem is now I have super lag,takes 3-4 seconds to do one action.I think it maybe due to having 4 other players in pacts which makes their units visible.Not sure.

At the moment the game is unplayable.

On the plus side just formed a Alliance called Napalm tag Flame if anyone wants to join.

Im sure they will sort out the reason for the lag ..........might have to stop cheming the neighbors and insurgents lol

Jade
    • Hey, I know it is not exactly the game length, but I feel, the rewards for winning the game should be boosted a bit. getting 1200 - 1300 gold for winning the game is not really motivating, especially, when you have 2-3 players left at the end of a game.
      Here`s the scenario, player 1 leads by 2-300 point, and is pretty close to bag the game. player 2 and 3 will become close to inactive, because they have no way on catching up the leader and spending loads of time to get 100 gold extra is not going to happen.
      How about this:
      #1 (winner) gets 3x in gold,
      #2 gets double,
      #3 and onwards 1x gold of their points?