Strategic AI - LOVE IS IN THE AIR

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• so the ai works but... has a small glitch

prntscr.com/eb23lv

as you see there i'm still registered as at war. but those countries have made peace.
      i'm still getting the -25 penalty
      and it seems that though it says -25, it seems to be allot higher

now here is the reason why there's a coding conflict:

prntscr.com/eb24lb

basically the status does not get updated in some areas, the flag disappeared. i changed my own stance to peace, it was still at war, but have no idea what the ai status is, on the map they are at peace, they don't attack no more. but the morale is still negative.
      map: 1751833

now i do realise that im getting -40 from no hq and do take it into account that i got low morale bcos of it, but thats ontop of the war issue, now after I set my stance to peace with those countries as well, after some time the negative morale from 11 wars turned into 2 wars. shouldnt i only get negative morale when both countries are at war?
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • The status of Turkey aka 0 VP players is bugged. Thankfully it's not counted into the wars though. Notice the wars modifier is -10 and you have two wars with real nations going (even if you set one to peace).

But the HQ issue - man you will see ISIS rise from the ashes like there is no tomorrow I fear. This place is going to be an insurgency slaughterhouse in a few hours... gotta follow this game ;)

Just a little hint: do NOT invade Egypt and prepare for some serious insurgencies... GL from all the staff here in the office ;)

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • yeah but i had -25, before i swapped all to peace, i thought i took the screeny before that.
      Yeah i prepped for insurgencies, wanted to test out how that goes so waited to rebuild the hq. lets see how many sadams and binladens will try to rpg me xD
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • DSni wrote:

Got a couple offers finally to show up but not much, also I put up for sale stuff AI hasn't bought anything and I am priced lowest on the market. Again, could be luck of the draw but figured its worth talking about to make sure thats what it is.
      have you looked under all trades? there you can see all offers, if theres a line trough it, it means you wont see it anywhere except there, it means that this offer is not available becouse that person or ai offering it is either at war with you or has trade embargoed you.

there is a catch to that as well, if you for example place a sale, or a purchase, if you got ai's that have placed a higher purchase bid or lower sales bid, the ai's that did not embargo you will get their stuff there until that runs out and gets to your bid/purchase.
      so even though you think your bid is lower in selling or higher in buying, in reality it is not.

gotha keep that in mind as it is easy to overlook
    • IshXIII wrote:

DSni wrote:

Got a couple offers finally to show up but not much, also I put up for sale stuff AI hasn't bought anything and I am priced lowest on the market. Again, could be luck of the draw but figured its worth talking about to make sure thats what it is.
      have you looked under all trades? there you can see all offers, if theres a line trough it, it means you wont see it anywhere except there, it means that this offer is not available becouse that person or ai offering it is either at war with you or has trade embargoed you.
      there is a catch to that as well, if you for example place a sale, or a purchase, if you got ai's that have placed a higher purchase bid or lower sales bid, the ai's that did not embargo you will get their stuff there until that runs out and gets to your bid/purchase.
      so even though you think your bid is lower in selling or higher in buying, in reality it is not.

gotha keep that in mind as it is easy to overlook
      Not at war with any AI's or embargo from anyone. Offers just are not showing up like they use to to sell goods. I have zero offers of goods I can sell all the way across the board, was finally able to unload my 20,000 fuel I had manually listed. I am mainly curious as to why sell offers have just about stopped showing up.
    • I started playing 20 days ago. Last weekend was my push into Pakistan which I took in roughly 9 hours. I was also as war with another smaller country.

Well apparently the World hated me as my Global Popularity dropped to 3%. With at least 35 embargoes (I stopped counting after awhile( and 7 declarations of war I was like well this is going to be nice. Both wars I were in were ended with their complete assimilation. So I rush troops to the other borders and prepared for the worse. Thank you airbases. 3 of the 7 actually tried to cross the border but were rebuffed with extreme prejudice. I lost one province to India because i had not finished annexing thsoe cities yet and had no airports in any of them. Two days later my Global Popularity rose to 60 something but as it rose the embargoes dropped and all at war ceased fired and then went back to peace. I never declared war on any of them and only one I actually cross the border due to them having aircraft and I needed to take them out. Once back across the border I put my status back at peace.

All is good now. I like the AI. I look around the map and see how some countries have been completely absorbed by another AI country. Spain now has reclaimed its former size. Portugal as well. Germany is still struggling as France tore into her. Canada has most of the US East Coast and much of the Norther Plains as well as the area around New Orleans. They have failed to take Seattle so us Libtards on the Left Coast are holding strong. Mexico has pushed into Central America and already absorbed countries. Africa is duking it out. South Africa is now SOUTH African. Congo hates the Kenyans. Algeria eliminated the Moroccans. Ethiopia is reclaiming territory lost to Italy. I am still trying to figure that one out. Why Ethiopia? What was Italy thinking?

Tonight is the beginning of my westward expansion as I will kick off Operation Husayn Madness. We will see how the World takes that.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!