to less resources

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• to less resources

The game has not enough resources in the begining. Also the suplies and fuel is to less for the late game. I play russia and I can only mobilizate few units bause I hav not enonough fuel and suplies.

Also the secret service is to expensive 15.000$ for an agent ???? This is not CoW with more money at all.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Hello Seele07
      I'll let someone else reply to you on the resources, but about the agent price.
      Using spies is a big advantage, and not something that you should be able to use all of the time - especially not in the beginning of the game. Considering how big of an advantage, and that you will earn more money the more provinces you have, does it still seem too expensive? Remember that if it's too cheap, your enemies on the map can use it as well. Isn't it better to have it so that it isn't something that you can't use too much?
      Aeblemost
      Community Coordinator
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games
    • Hey Seele,

indeed we are not showering players with resources - for a reason. This is NOT Call of War.

How do you know you will not have enough when you just started the game? Please explain so we can trace your steps and fix if broken.

Please tell us when you experienced what shortage - eg. Ran out of X on day Y.

Anything helps us balance the economy.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • comparing sticks and stones with this game and cow..

But seriously, the resources in the beginning are good enough. supplies are great too, just keep in mind that building a barracks in every city is not a smart move if you do not have previously built resource production. You can hugely increase resource production too, the key is to increase your population, to me it seems like you can get more resources per population by building army industry, and increase population by building hospitals, and build bunkers to increase morale, which improves productivity of the population.

Those barracks, they take loads of supplies, use them wisely.

Going to war decreases morale, so it will give you less resources as well, and it will make some ai countries put a trade embargo on you, which will prevent you from buying from them, i dont know in game, but generally IRL when trade embargoes are places prices increase as well on the market.

That said, I do agree that money income is too low in comparison to the rest of the resource income, but not so much as where it is a bad thing. Fuel so far has been good to me but im 2 days into my games. So my perspective might still change. But so far, all of the economics makes sense to me and has not been an issue yet, apart from a mistake on one fo the maps where I learned the barrack thing. I still get enough to correct my mistakes though.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • an arms factory costs 6-7k? no way it costs 1100,- per piece. If you are talking about constructing 1 in each city then yeah but thats not expensive. what do you want then? get 500 units in the start, fully built cities? sory but your point so far is totally invalid.
      Even if you spend7k in the start of the game, you will get that increase of resources back fast enough to keep building and producing units. (which I think you should because any economical aspect in any game and real life reflects anythingn else you want to do and are able to do).

And if you want to compare it to COW, which you should not, ok in cow you have more resources, but things are more expensive too. By the way, how I see it so far: the economical model of cow is after a week you become filthy rich if you play your economics right, the economic model of this game however keeps it challenging, instead of becoming filthy rich and basically deciding the whole next 2/3months worth of play time, people still have a chance in this game.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • an example, on map 1736427 is tarted yesterday: i build an arms industry in every city, now im building a hospital in each. I already have a barracks in each too. some got airports and navalbases.

my current resources: 4332/78h supplies, 22000/333h components, 5126/22h fuel 1110/92h electronics, 1300/125h manpower, 54k/726h monies. I anexed one city and conquered 1 country, not even done yet, produced 2 combat recon, 2 superiority planes, 1 ship.
      I got everything building units and buildings, on day 3? id say im rich already, but well who am I? maybe I will change my view aftera few days, who knows ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by IshXIII ().

• Thanks for the details Ish. Great stuff. You are completely rigt in your assessment: we are really trying to balance the game in a way that it stays challenging for weeks.

No matter how good our model and our calculations - once you guys start tearing into it, it will all change inevitably anyways. So essentially we are just starting off.

Seele is also right to voice his doubts of course, because playstyles alter and opinions differ. The more we move away from one winning strategy to a more layered approach, the better for the players and the game as a whole.

Please keep up posting economical thoughts and observations - we still got quite a road ahead of us...

// Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf