Suggestion: bunkers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: bunkers

It would be strategically very nice to be able to build bunkers or fortifications on provinces that are not cities, for example, you are surrounded by mountains, it would only be logical that there should be the possibilities to build fortifications in mountain passes. I would love to have this implemented. That way one does need to protect its cities still, but one can make a strategical defense a bit further out. I understand that this can be done now as well, but if someone sends long ranged artillery shells at you, then it would be nice to have a forward base.

In reality airfields have been build in very remote areas as well, maybe that would be a nice option too. But air units do have the range in this game that it is not a necessity, it might be an interesting add on though.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • I've been thinking about this and was wondering if building built far from cities should have a logistical cost. Transporting those materials should cost money, add delays, or something of that sort. This would mean that people would still prefer cities, all else equal, for building buildings. This should probably also apply to factory constructions, making factories most desirable in a city. Also, you should need a connected city.

But a major problem with this is victory points. I don't think you should be able to stack your provinces with bunkers and win the game on vps. Maybe these buildings should produce no vps since they are not in a city?

Some buildings probably shouldn't be able to built outside a city. From a balancing and real life logistical perspective.

Another thought I had was that some buildings built outside of cities could have an optional add on cost for making the building a stealth building, similar to the secret lab. This has a real life parallel of secret airfields. I have no idea how this would affect game balancing.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheStratgeist ().