Politics and Warfare - A modern roleplay

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

This RP has officially ended.

-Bacon230,RPU Alliance Leader for CoN
      How did you find the RP? I think many players are frothing for the next one.
      Go PM dude, I will sort you out :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Ocean and Sigmar have another modern RP coming out on April 18th (I think that's the date), while I have a Cold War RP set to come out whenever the devs release that new map, so probably in a few months.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Irritator wrote:

How has this RP been going? I have noticed there was a bit of discussion going on lately on here. I have been off due to work lately, but I am due back in May.

Any new developments in the game? :thumbup:
      Hehe, nah it has ended now. Bacon is working on a WW2/Cold war RP on CoN and myself and Sigmar are making a new modern RP for mid to late April. WIll be very different than this. Pop over RPU discord,

How's things running for yourself ?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Bacon is working on a WW2/Cold war RP on CoN
      Where did WW2 come from?
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Irritator wrote:

How has this RP been going? I have noticed there was a bit of discussion going on lately on here. I have been off due to work lately, but I am due back in May.

Hehe, nah it has ended now. Bacon is working on a WW2/Cold war RP on CoN and myself and Sigmar are making a new modern RP for mid to late April. WIll be very different than this. Pop over RPU discord,
      How's things running for yourself ?
      Things have been going well! Good to see that some RPs have been planned. Hopefully when I get out in May I can join one! :)
    • Irritator wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Irritator wrote:

Hehe, nah it has ended now. Bacon is working on a WW2/Cold war RP on CoN and myself and Sigmar are making a new modern RP for mid to late April. WIll be very different than this. Pop over RPU discord,How's things running for yourself ?
      Things have been going well! Good to see that some RPs have been planned. Hopefully when I get out in May I can join one! :)
      Haha, yea there none on atm sadly, but Id say some will pop up over next little while
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

I found the Rp over all awful. It was more like a WWI sim. Those who said or did nothing where safe. Everyone acted like a rabid dog waiting for opportunity to bite, post something in the newspaper and people will find a reason in it to take over half your country. I am trying to think of ways to prevent this, but none come to mind
    • I suggest since long time: RP rounds need game master (or some gamemasters) who has own country wich has shared mapy with all participants.
      every one should pay 5 till 10% dayli encome to gamemaster, gamemaster can have punisherforce for rulebreakers. POINT.

P.S.
      in CoW german player league Switzerland is played by human game masters. rulebreakers of PL paid in game fee to Switzerland, or get blacklisted, or kicked. PL masters working with devs together and have some extra access for PL rounds. May be we need RP PL too with same rights.
    • Bigchicken wrote:

Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

I found the Rp over all awful. It was more like a WWI sim. Those who said or did nothing where safe. Everyone acted like a rabid dog waiting for opportunity to bite, post something in the newspaper and people will find a reason in it to take over half your country. I am trying to think of ways to prevent this, but none come to mind
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Bigchicken wrote:

Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

Insightful,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I will have to watch for those types of situations in any RP's I join.
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.
    • You think it went well? it ended in less than 20 days! Hardly anything happened, other than France killing algeria well you played God. For all I knew, USA was inactive. Undeclared wars seemed to be successful and rampant. There was no greater goal or loyalty from any country. The dutch east indies was not even islamic!

I had a better Role play as leader of pakistan in a competitive 100 player map in call of war.
    • Bigchicken wrote:

You think it went well? it ended in less than 20 days! Hardly anything happened, other than France killing algeria well you played God. For all I knew, USA was inactive. Undeclared wars seemed to be successful and rampant. There was no greater goal or loyalty from any country. The dutch east indies was not even islamic!

I had a better Role play as leader of pakistan in a competitive 100 player map in call of war.
      That was the reboot round.. That was sh1te, the first round was much better. Second round which is the one I opened up to new players.. that wasnt great.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Bigchicken wrote:

I agree here to be honest, the world fell apart pretty damn quick. Just adding on to what Ocean said,one of the main reasons of the failure were the new players being brought in. The only current map is 26 players,and it just doesn't work with having half the game newbie RPers. When the new map comes out I think this should be somewhat fixed.

-Bacon230, RPU Alliance Leader of CoN
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy
    • Bacon230 wrote:

Bigchicken wrote:

I agree here to be honest, the world fell apart pretty damn quick. Just adding on to what Ocean said,one of the main reasons of the failure were the new players being brought in. The only current map is 26 players,and it just doesn't work with having half the game newbie RPers. When the new map comes out I think this should be somewhat fixed.
      -Bacon230, RPU Alliance Leader of CoN
      If by new map, you mean the 100 player map, I would imagine the new RP'er issue is going to grow exponentially. Think of how many new people you'd have to bring in to even make a 100 player map halfway interesting? I'd guess somewhere around 50, which if half of your recent game was 12 new players 38 of a 50 player map would likely be new RP'ers. Just a couple of thoughts on the matter.

Although it's not within the purpose of the game, it seems like having a non-playing Game Master who can see all actions etc. would be necessary to truly create the optimal experience. However, if that's what you're going for maybe you should be playing a military based Dungeons and Dragons instead of trying to mold this into something to get an RP fix.

PS. I would be interested in collaborating with several people to create a more immersive experience through CoN. My vision is to have World events released through anonymous news media that would call for players to take action (E.G. Brazil - A non-human player has revolted and been replaced with religious zealots who are sacrificing non-believers to their deity. The former president asks the nations of the world to end his people's suffering and retake Brazil through military might.)

Having timed releases of said News could potentially provide the action that these new RP'ers desire and also give those who like writing and furthering a plot a lot to work with. This way people don't run into the aforementioned excuses to take half their country. The players who're doing that are doing so because they crave action and aren't so interested in the written RP aspect.

Anyways, PM me if you're interested and we can start a dialogue and work on a great RP effort.
      -Nobody cares about the Alpha, it's all decided by the Omega.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ace_lvl_9000: Grammar. ().

• Ace_lvl_9000 wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

I agree here to be honest, the world fell apart pretty damn quick. Just adding on to what Ocean said,one of the main reasons of the failure were the new players being brought in. The only current map is 26 players,and it just doesn't work with having half the game newbie RPers. When the new map comes out I think this should be somewhat fixed.-Bacon230, RPU Alliance Leader of CoN
      If by new map, you mean the 100 player map, I would imagine the new RP'er issue is going to grow exponentially. Think of how many new people you'd have to bring in to even make a 100 player map halfway interesting? I'd guess somewhere around 50, which if half of your recent game was 12 new players 38 of a 50 player map would likely be new RP'ers. Just a couple of thoughts on the matter.
      Although it's not within the purpose of the game, it seems like having a non-playing Game Master who can see all actions etc. would be necessary to truly create the optimal experience. However, if that's what you're going for maybe you should be playing a military based Dungeons and Dragons instead of trying to mold this into something to get an RP fix.

PS. I would be interested in collaborating with several people to create a more immersive experience through CoN. My vision is to have World events released through anonymous news media that would call for players to take action (E.G. Brazil - A non-human player has revolted and been replaced with religious zealots who are sacrificing non-believers to their deity. The former president asks the nations of the world to end his people's suffering and retake Brazil through military might.)

Having timed releases of said News could potentially provide the action that these new RP'ers desire and also give those who like writing and furthering a plot a lot to work with. This way people don't run into the aforementioned excuses to take half their country. The players who're doing that are doing so because they crave action and aren't so interested in the written RP aspect.

Anyways, PM me if you're interested and we can start a dialogue and work on a great RP effort.
      Dude,the RPU has 145 members. The RPU on CoN alone has over 40 members,plus there are many new players here wishing for a RP-so I'd guess we could get around 15 or so off the forums. There are 3 major RPs planned at the moment,and the situation is quite confusing. If you wish to talk more with the community you can apply for the RPU and/or join our Discord @ discord.gg/rFqsUQF and @ discord.gg/p36y8mr . Second one is if you're interested in making/helping with making a CoN RP.
      -Einstein
      -Kennedy