Thoughts on the EU tech skins and Icons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thoughts on the EU tech skins and Icons

Im back about the skins again :)

Today, I want to suggest some needed edits to the European tech tree. They do seem to bother me too much, but I thought I will just put them down and see what can be done.
      First off

1. AWACS - Id just simply put the saab global eye system on the saab platform. So something looking like this. Rather than the current American sentry.

2) Swap the stealth strike fighter with the gripen E . The Gripen is a multi swing role aircraft. And I understand the low radar cross section as well as the advanced radar for using it as the stealth aircraft for European tech tree. But It would just fit better being the Stealth Strike aircraft rather than Stealth Air supremacy.

3) European strike aircraft are too ugly. A beautiful Tornado would look lovely :P

I had a few more but they all deleted when I was typing them and then it posted half without me, ahh it a mess. Will add the others shortly

4) The european stealth bomber. Now I understand that there are 0 stealth bombers from Europe. But I think it would have been better to use another bomber rather than... the SR-71 Blackbird. I think the vulcan is grand where it is. Instead maybe use the French Mirage IV which would fit the part better than the SR-71

5)( This one is just pure preference, there is nothing really wrong but just me being me)

^ I just think the Wildcat looks much better, and would rather see it. There no issue with the current ASW Heli, but Im just adding this here for 110% pure preference
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu

The post was edited 5 times, last by Oceanhawk ().

• Pablo22510 wrote:

Great feedback, man!
      Thks, I have actually put some thought into it. I care deeply bout this haha
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

I hope, that they were more different models implement in the game, like the tanks in 3 tiers. So we get the Tornado as strike fighter of european doctrin.
      Its funny as I was thinking the exact same thing. Why dont we try get a few lists like that? it would be awsome. I think it would be great, I
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

But please. The Saab AWACS looks very ugly and in the european NATO Nations is this aircraft not used as AWACS.
      WHAT! Its lovely, I love it! much better than the American E-3 Sentry which they made brown...?

The Globaleye on the SAAB platform flying alongside a Gripen

They offer the globaleye on the embraer platform as well.. Look at this..

But that on the embraer rather than the Saab 340
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • About the SR-71:

I think it's important to note that the aircraft is not a bomber at all, but it's actually a stealth reconnaissance aircraft. The B-2 Spirit would be much more fitting for the role of stealth bomber, because it's newer, and obviously, because it's a stealth bomber.

That said, it's American.

• greatbighippo wrote:

About the SR-71:

I think it's important to note that the aircraft is not a bomber at all, but it's actually a stealth reconnaissance aircraft. The B-2 Spirit would be much more fitting for the role of stealth bomber, because it's newer, and obviously, because it's a stealth bomber.

Yes however it is used on the American skins....
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

greatbighippo wrote:

About the SR-71:

Is it? It's been a while since I touched western military doctrine, so I couldn't remember whether it was.

Does the western doctrine use the F-117, too?
    • greatbighippo wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

greatbighippo wrote:

About the SR-71:

Is it? It's been a while since I touched western military doctrine, so I couldn't remember whether it was.
      Does the western doctrine use the F-117, too?
      F-117 Is a stike aircraft rather than a bomber.. its not used on Western its actually used in European stealth strike fighter.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Yes, but the gripen we have as stealth fighter 3 D model. The strike fighter is a Mirage and this aircraft is not so beautiful and the Tornado is more a realy european aircraft (produced in some european countries). the Mirage is a french aicraft.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Alphh wrote:

Ah I see :D I agree the tornado is a good lookin' aircraft :) Although I really like the gripen aswell haha
      Hehe yea Im a big gripen fan. Where I live we neglect our armed forces really badly. We have a really busy airspace and we should be able to intercept it. Last year Russian bombers flew over and we had to divert lots of air traffic away.

But since we got the Gripen E for stealth air supremacy ( which better belongs as stealth strike) Id say Tornado. Or even add 3 icons for each tier
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

we will see them - specifically the tornado - good proposals.
      Id be happy to just do out a 3 Icon idea, similar to the tanks. Even just for you to consider it, and maybe because I kinda enjoy doing it haha.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu