First come first served

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• First come first served

So I just noticed something recently. Me and my ally were splitting up a country (Vietnam). Just a short back story. Vietnam attacked me and My ally needed fuel. So anyway we had agreement to split the country, and he thought I broke the agreement by capturing extra land (I did capture extra land, but it wasn't vietnam's land, it was Thailand's) so he sent some of his units out to capture the land he thought he was entitled, so to save time me trading land back. But I explained it to him and he realized he made a mistake and that I did honor the agreement.

So there was this province which I was trying to recapture off Vietnam which would have marked our agreed border. There was a Vietnamese Motor Rifleman unit against 3 of my Airmobile units. My units were there first and I destroyed the Vietnamese unit but I loose the territory to my ally (He forgot to cancel there orders of his units trying to capture Vietnamese territory north of our agreed border). I would put this in the bug section but I'm not sure if it is. My suggestion is simple if it is not a bug. Why is it that units that fight for and were on a territory first can loose them to a allied (or right of way) player. Surely if you fought hard and your units were there first it should go to the person that was there first. My units were battling out the enemy unit in the junction of the territory which allows you to capture it (so my units should have automatically captured it once the enemy was defeated). So just a little baffled really.

It's entirely possible I may be the first person to experience this odd peculiarity. If this is a Bug I will file a bug report. But like I said I'm not sure if it is.

My game is 1,795,292. The province in question was Si Sa Ket.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Aodhan ().

• Hello

So, just as in CoW and s1914, there's the "ticks" when the attack happens. Your troops are not constantly attacking when they are trying to capture a province, it happens in "ticks."

When you and your friend are attacking at the same time, whoever defeats the last units at their "tick" will get the province.

So it's not first come first, but it's about who actually killed the last enemies.
      Aeblemost
      Community Coordinator
      Conflict Of Nations | Dorado Games
    • Aeblemost wrote:

Hello

So, just as in CoW and s1914, there's the "ticks" when the attack happens. Your troops are not constantly attacking when they are trying to capture a province, it happens in "ticks."

When you and your friend are attacking at the same time, whoever defeats the last units at their "tick" will get the province.

So it's not first come first, but it's about who actually killed the last enemies.
      I know they attack in rounds or ticks as you put it. But the one that ticked first without any allied or right of way units supporting until later joining still should get the territory being there first. It's not fair if two divisions are battling each other in a match of attrition and one player's units just comes in at the very end of the bloody battle or last tick to claim the province. Also how does it work if a allied airstrike finishes off the unit before the next tick (Even if the allied ground unit hasn't contributed to the ground fight yet).

My units were the one that defeated the enemy unit (I checked on the news feed and a kill was added to my airmobile division), my ally's units did zero damage. My ally's units contributed nothing to the fight, Yet still won the territory. My ally gave the territory back in a trade. But still this shouldn't of happened in the first place.

I would of understood if he got the territory if his unit's defeated the Vietnamese Rifleman unit. But it was my Air-mobile division that did that.
    • I experienced similar when I was attacking with air, land, and sea forces in a Turkish city as Iran. The one mechanized infantry Turkey had was down to 1 HP so I was sure I would have the city when I came back around to the match in a half hour. Came back and Russia had airdropped an airborne infantry into the city last second and took the city right out from under me. 14 units fighting and 10 hours of work for them to just use a bit of maneuvering. Sucked but was a smart maneuver by someone I was in a standoff with.