Modern Day Realism - Roleplay [Completed]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I did read all the rules but I had missed the part where it said that if I missed posting a statement during the day I could post two the next day. I was also overthinking some of the rules and realized after just barely re-reading them that that was the only rule I would have had trouble with, minus daily activity (no Sundays).

Also why I applied for Serbia was that, although I had read the list of taken countries, I had never been to a 40 player map and had to look up playable nations and while I was looking for nations that were fairly non influential Serbia was among the smallest I could find but I forgot to re-read the list of taken. My bad. Sorry for the confusion.

How do I set up Discord?
  • Hello, Mr. Cptamerica, sorry for sending a message, I could not find a place explicit to send it and could not post in the forum yet, as my account was waiting for approval and I was a little excited to start the game ^^

I never participated of a RP game in Conflict of Nations, but I was encouraged by a friend of mine to join one. Anyway,I have a lot of experience with Role Playing games, I hope I can join you and the community. I have read the rules and will send my application here:

*Player Name: Old Guard

*Name on Discord: Old.Guard#9609

*Country you wish to play as: (Top 3 Choices): Brazil, Venezuela and Poland

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph):

"Michel Temer stayed on his chair, watching one of his ministries getting out of the presidential office. Over his desk, the document regarding the resign of the Ministry of Justice. He never like that man, he was too weak. He never believed that politics was a game for weak man. Everything changed in the two past weeks, his struggle to stablish a solid government base, his fought agains the Labor's Party efforts to undermine his legitimacy, his efforts to conclude his agenda of political and economical reforms, everything changed. He was a president under investigation of the Federal Police, could that get even more ridiculous for him? Rebellion was everywhere, from the population, from the military officers, from his political allies. Every pawn on the game was againt him.

He punched the table. Enfuriated.

- I will not resign! - He spitted that words, talking to himself. He was the first one that needed to get convinced, that he should not be challenged.

He standed up, walk slowly to the great window of his office. Brasília was in front of him, the dirty city, strictely organized to hide the trash that was abundant in a overpopulated city. The city he conquered, street by street, congressman by congressman, party by party. Forty years of work, would not be thrown away, just because of some stupid scandals.

- I will not resign. - He repeated, but just to be sure he could say that out loud. He was already convinced and no one would stop him now. Politics are not a game for weak man, indeed."

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Brazil is a presidentialist federal republic, Venezuela is a presidentialist federal republic, Poland is a parliamentary republic

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: Brazil is only part of UN, Venezuela is part of UN and Poland is part of NATO,EU and SCTO

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: No one of them are nuclear powers. Brazil has the technology to do it, but is signatary of the non-proliferation of mass destruction weapons treaty, Venezuela is not known to have any nuclear missiles and Poland is forbidden to have any nuclear military program by NATO.

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: Yes

*I will make decisions true to the country I have applied for Yes

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: Yes

*I agree to stay in character at all times: Yes

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: Yes

*Write out one of the rules listed above: Nations may only use RoW with an AI nation that they have Real Life military agreements with that include the stationing of troops.

Questions:

In the game I need to RP in first person as the president? Can I get a third-person narrative or a narrative by a journalist in this country? Can I make all the three types of posts?

There's any limitation to the Tech Tree dispite to the ones about Nuclear and Chemical weapons?
  • Old Guard wrote:

Hello, Mr. Cptamerica, sorry for sending a message, I could not find a place explicit to send it and could not post in the forum yet, as my account was waiting for approval and I was a little excited to start the game ^^

I never participated of a RP game in Conflict of Nations, but I was encouraged by a friend of mine to join one. Anyway,I have a lot of experience with Role Playing games, I hope I can join you and the community. I have read the rules and will send my application here:

*Player Name: Old Guard

*Name on Discord: Old.Guard#9609

*Country you wish to play as: (Top 3 Choices): Brazil, Venezuela and Poland

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph):

"Michel Temer stayed on his chair, watching one of his ministries getting out of the presidential office. Over his desk, the document regarding the resign of the Ministry of Justice. He never like that man, he was too weak. He never believed that politics was a game for weak man. Everything changed in the two past weeks, his struggle to stablish a solid government base, his fought agains the Labor's Party efforts to undermine his legitimacy, his efforts to conclude his agenda of political and economical reforms, everything changed. He was a president under investigation of the Federal Police, could that get even more ridiculous for him? Rebellion was everywhere, from the population, from the military officers, from his political allies. Every pawn on the game was againt him.

He punched the table. Enfuriated.

- I will not resign! - He spitted that words, talking to himself. He was the first one that needed to get convinced, that he should not be challenged.

He standed up, walk slowly to the great window of his office. Brasília was in front of him, the dirty city, strictely organized to hide the trash that was abundant in a overpopulated city. The city he conquered, street by street, congressman by congressman, party by party. Forty years of work, would not be thrown away, just because of some stupid scandals.

- I will not resign. - He repeated, but just to be sure he could say that out loud. He was already convinced and no one would stop him now. Politics are not a game for weak man, indeed."

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Brazil is a presidentialist federal republic, Venezuela is a presidentialist federal republic, Poland is a parliamentary republic

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: Brazil is only part of UN, Venezuela is part of UN and Poland is part of NATO,EU and SCTO

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: No one of them are nuclear powers. Brazil has the technology to do it, but is signatary of the non-proliferation of mass destruction weapons treaty, Venezuela is not known to have any nuclear missiles and Poland is forbidden to have any nuclear military program by NATO.

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: Yes

*I will make decisions true to the country I have applied for Yes

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: Yes

*I agree to stay in character at all times: Yes

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: Yes

*Write out one of the rules listed above: Nations may only use RoW with an AI nation that they have Real Life military agreements with that include the stationing of troops.

Questions:

In the game I need to RP in first person as the president? Can I get a third-person narrative or a narrative by a journalist in this country? Can I make all the three types of posts?

There's any limitation to the Tech Tree dispite to the ones about Nuclear and Chemical weapons?
    I sent you a private message.
    “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”

George S. Patton Jr.
  • *Player Name: Samuel PM

*Name on Discord: I do not have it at the moment

*Country you wish to play as: United Kingdon, Germany, France

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): I never played a Role Play, but I always wanted to play.

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: They are peaceful countries that aim for nuclear disarmament and maintain the security of Europe.

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: NATO, EU, UNSC

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: Although it has nuclear weapons, it would not consider nuclear power.

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes)

*I will make decisions true to the country I have applied for (Yes)

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes)

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes)

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes)

*Write out one of the rules listed above: "2. No Abuse of the Gold System (Gold keeps this game going, therefore I cannot advocate against its use, but, if used, do not abuse the system to the point of breaking the realism and immersion of the game)"
  • Samuel PM wrote:

*Player Name: Samuel PM

*Country you wish to play as: United Kingdon, Germany, France

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): I never played a Role Play, but I always wanted to play.

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: They are peaceful countries that aim for nuclear disarmament and maintain the security of Europe.

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: NATO, EU, UNSC

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: Although it has nuclear weapons, it would not consider nuclear power.

*Write out one of the rules listed above: "2. No Abuse of the Gold System (Gold keeps this game going, therefore I cannot advocate against its use, but, if used, do not abuse the system to the point of breaking the realism and immersion of the game)"
    Your Application is under review. There are a couple of points that you can address to speed along the process and the likelihood that your application will be accepted:

1) Due to the fact that you have stated that you have no experience in RP and have failed to provide a RP sample from which we can determine the best suitability for nation assignment, this hurts your chances. However, we will allow you to amend your application with a sample of RP. Also, you will need reconsider your choices for top 3 Countries. The more significant the country, the higher the expectations from the player. The most experienced RP'ers will be assigned the most significant countries. Currently, Africa is open and may best suit you so that you can learn from this game and perhaps apply for a more significant country in the next game.

Open African Countries/Less significant countries include:

Algeria
    Lybia
    Egypt
    Cameroon
    Nigeria
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Mozambique
    Nambia

Europe:

Romania

If any of these countries on the list suit you, please include them on your revised list of preferred assignments.

2) You failed to include an explanation of the government structure of your preferred countries. Please make sure to look up your preferred countries and their systems of government so that you can best determine which structure suits your Roleplay Preference.

We look forward to seeing your response! Good Luck!
    “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.”

George S. Patton Jr.
  • *Player Name: Samuel PM

*Country you wish to play as: Egypt, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Romania

"The government of Egypt is a republic under military leadership of the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, which took over after the resignation of Hosni Mubarak, which occurred as a consequence of mass protests of the population, and held in 2011. In July 2012, was elected the first The civilian president of Egypt's history, Mohammed Morsi, linked to the Muslim Brotherhood.

We are a peaceful Country, but we do not agree with the State of Israel, but we do not want a new War either.

The Suez Canal will be open only to allied countries.

We are open to trade." Egypt

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life:

The post was edited 2 times, last by Samuel PM ().

• *Player Name: Remors
    *Name on Discord: red#7070

*Country you wish to play as: Indonesia,Algeria,Libya

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): I have done so many RPs on CoW, want to try them here to. I can roleplay by: Writing about diplomatic situations about and around my nation. Participating in global affairs.

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Parliamentary Democracy

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: ASEAN, UN

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: Has the technology to do so, Uses it for power

- 1st President of the Coalition of Democratic Nations. "Power.Peace.Prosperity"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Remors ().

• *Player Name: George Kenneth

*Name on Discord:

*Country you wish to play as: (Top 3 Choices) Germany, UK, India

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): The EU is undergoing a tumultuous time of change, and Germany must now also reconsider its position globally. Strained political ties within NATO are also becoming a concern, during a time of Eastern mobilization threatening the security of the former Soviet States. Germany must try to strengthen its diplomatic ties with its allies, and strive to maintain a peace within Europe. War is not the answer, but we will remain vigilant during these tense times.

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Democratic

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: NATO

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: all

*I agree to comply with all current and future rules: (Yes/No) yes

*I will make decisions true to the country I have applied for (Yes/No) yes

*I agree to stay active through all events in the game: (Yes/No) yes

*I agree to stay in character at all times: (Yes/No) yes

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No) yes

*Write out one of the rules listed above: NO LAND GRABBING

Questions:
  • Remors wrote:

*Player Name: Remors
    *Name on Discord: red#7070

*Country you wish to play as: Indonesia

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): I have done so many RPs on CoW, want to try them here to

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Parliamentary Democracy

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: ASEAN, UN

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: Has the technology to do so, Uses it for power

You failed to follow the directions of the application. You did not list your top three selections. You did not write out an example of RP. None of us know you, nor do we know your experience with RP. If you wish to resubmit your application, you are free to do so, but we cannot accept this application as it is currently.

George S. Patton Jr.
  • George Kenneth wrote:

*Player Name: George Kenneth

*Name on Discord:

*Country you wish to play as: (Top 3 Choices) Germany, UK, India

*Example of ability to RP (At least 1 paragraph): The EU is undergoing a tumultuous time of change, and Germany must now also reconsider its position globally. Strained political ties within NATO are also becoming a concern, during a time of Eastern mobilization threatening the security of the former Soviet States. Germany must try to strengthen its diplomatic ties with its allies, and strive to maintain a peace within Europe. War is not the answer, but we will remain vigilant during these tense times.

*What government type is the country/countries that you have applied for: Democratic

*What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: NATO

*Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: all

*I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post: (Yes/No) yes

*Write out one of the rules listed above: NO LAND GRABBING

Questions:
    Currently UK is taken. If you wish to choose another country as your 2nd choice, you are free to do so.

Also, Germany is NOT a nuclear power.

I will forward your application to the other game admins.

George S. Patton Jr.
  • *Player name badsnapy
    *name on discord: badsnappy
    *country you wish to play as (Top three choices) Philippines, Australia, Indonesia.
    *Example of ability to RP (at least one paragraph) Greetings citizens of the Philippines these days are tough and are getting even more tougher by the day, The Philippines are squashed between two great nations. And we must act now to secure our survival, with terrorism, drugs and war a constant threat against our homeland we need to defend ourselves. And that is is what we will do even if it means war.
    *What Alliances are your applied for countries a member of in real life: Southeast Asia Treaty Organization and the UN, but is SEATO an in game alliance?
    Is one of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so, which one: none

*Write out one of the rules listed above: NO GOLD ABUSE.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apache ().

• This Roleplay has officially concluded. I want to thank everyone who applied and also apologize for those who applied late and could not join due to the restriction that prohibited players from joining a game greater than 10 days old.

I am currently involved in a separate Roleplay Game which will require all of my attentions, but once it is completed, I will host another and look forward to seeing many of you re-apply!

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

George S. Patton Jr.
  • Opulon wrote:

Can we have an after action report ? ^^
    Sure!

Unfortunately the RP didn't end with a bang but rather just died out due to players going inactive or having issues arise in Real Life that took them away from the game.

I went through the news articles for the 40-something days of RP and have summed up some of the big events in chronological order:

- China and Japan forge a new relationship and bury the animosities of the past as a new Japanese Emperor ascends to the throne upon the death of the old Emperor.

- ISIS declares holy war against other Muslim Nations in the Middle-East who they accuse of being "Puppets of the West"

- Argentina launches unprovoked attacks against its neighbors and specifically targets population centers. Chile and Brazil form an Alliance to destroy Argentina's military capabilities and tries to protect fleeing civilians.

- The government in Iraq is overthrown and replaced with a new Monarchy after it was deemed to be too weak against ISIS.

- Iran undergoes a similar regime change as a new Ayatollah comes to power as the Supreme Leader and vows to take the country in a new direction that is less extreme than past regimes.

- A massive Tsunami hits Taiwan. Humanitarian Aid arrives from Japan, the United States, and China.

- A massive Earthquake hits Iran causing an international relief effort and the country to open up like never before.

- North Korea continued its missile program and its development of nuclear weapons. This resulted in very harsh sanctions being placed upon them by the international community. Months later, the North Korean Regime commits two acts of atrocities so horrendous that it changes the course of the country forever. North Korean Agents were able to detonate a nuclear device in the upper atmosphere in the Western United States creating an EMP that spread through much of North America shutting down all of their power grids and plunging most of the continent into darkness. Days later, North Korean agents were able to detonate a bomb in a central region of China. The weapon failed to reach critical mass and resulted in a "Dirty Bomb" explosion that ultimately killed millions as the radiation spread through the country carried by the wind patterns.

Both the United States and China retaliated against North Korea. China led an outright invasion of the country, but before they could get the key members of the North Korean leadership, US Special Forces were able to get in and extract Kim Jung Un as well as several key members of his cabinet.

China went on to occupy the country and force the North Koreans into labor camps to "rebuild" their own country as well as produce goods to compensate China for its losses.

- A large Hurricane hit South America causing the fighting to momentarily halt while humanitarian assistance could be given to those impacted.

- Pakistan invades Afghanistan after extremist forces gain more power in the weak Afghan Government. Pakistan then occupies and rules Afghanistan with an iron fist to insure stability along its borders.

- Egypt invades Israel prompting a quick reaction by US Forces which retake the Sinai Peninsula and establish bases in the area to prevent further Egyptian aggression.

- Several incidents occur in the South China Sea involving Vietnam and China. China and the Philippines come to an agreement which settles the regional dispute between them.

-ISIS launches numerous attacks across Europe and the Middle east that never seem to relent. The attacks range in severity from lone-wolf type scenarios to massive vehicle borne explosives and sabotage of infrastructure. Thousands die.

-Greece halts all Muslim immigration and begins a rearmament program which later leads to increased economic hardship.

- Greece and other members of NATO conduct military exercises in the Persian Gulf and Saudi Arabia while also accusing Iran of supporting terrorism. The exercises are discovered to be a cover while nations prepare for the invasion of Iran.

- Iran is admitted into the Shanghai Cooperative Organization which has turned into a Cultural and Economic Partnership, as well as a Military Alliance to counteract the growing aggression of NATO. SCO members grow to include: Russia, China, Iran, Japan, and eventually Chile.

- The NATO exercises end when SCO members vow to defend Iran against any aggression.

- In response, the SCO conducts its own military exercises in the Black Sea. NATO members, led by Greece and Romania move their own military assets to the area and take aggressive postures during the SCO exercises.

- Turkey requests the removal of all military assets not belonging to nations with borders along the Black Sea. SCO and eventually NATO obliges and tensions calm.

-The Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo is overthrown by an organization that calls themselves the Central African Liberation Army (CALA). This group has ties to both ISIS and North Korea. Several North Korean Scientists were dispatched to the DRC to aid CALA in producing chemical and biological weapons prior to the fall of North Korea at the hands of the US and China.

-Iraq approaches the UN Security Council and requests that it sanction its invasion of Syria. The Syrian government had continued to fight an unsuccessful campaign against ISIS and was also continuing to resort to the use of chemical weapons against civilian targets. After MUCH debate, the UNSC gave Iraq its approval.

- A combined Iraq-Iran led Coalition invades and occupies Syria. ISIS Forces use the confusion to steal untold amounts of chemical weapons and equipment before dispersing throughout the deserts of the middle east. ISIS attacks then intensify as they attack targets throughout Iran and Iraq including Iranian Parliament and the Iraqi Royal Family.

- The United Kingdom, Chile, United States, China, and Greece all form a coalition to defeat CALA in the Congo after evidence emerges of their collusion with North Korea and their use of Chemical Weapons provided by ISIS. As the Coalition forces entered the Congo, several large cases of Ebola outbreaks began to occur in the surrounding areas. It was later learned that the North Korean scientists were able to successfully develop a weaponized version of Ebola that could be spread through the air. Outbreaks begin to erupt throughout Africa.

- Tensions between China and Vietnam continue to grow as China withdraws some of its forces from Africa in able to deal with the emerging threat from Vietnam.

George S. Patton Jr.
  • Robert2424 wrote:

any idea when next game will be?
    Many of us are currently involved in a Cold War Roleplay. Once it is concluded, I will be hosting a new match.

I haven't decided the theme for the next Roleplay and will need to sit down and hash out all of the details between now and when the current RP ends. I estimate that I should be starting a new RP game up sometime in late-August.

George S. Patton Jr.
  • Cptamerica1701 wrote:

Robert2424 wrote:

any idea when next game will be?
    Many of us are currently involved in a Cold War Roleplay. Once it is concluded, I will be hosting a new match.
    I haven't decided the theme for the next Roleplay and will need to sit down and hash out all of the details between now and when the current RP ends. I estimate that I should be starting a new RP game up sometime in late-August.
    ok, please let me know.
  • Player name: Mister Ice

Name on Discord: Mister Ice

Country you wish to play as? (Top 3 choices)
    Serbia, Russia, Japan

Example of ability to RP(at least 1 paragraph)
    Example: Serbia does not recognize Kosovo as independent country. We have invited the president of United States of America, in Belgrade to discuss the annexation of Kosovo. Kosovo is and always has been Serbian!

What alliances are you applied for countries a member of in real life: Serbia is small country in Europe and surrounder by countries who are in European Union or NATO. Its time for Serbia to apply in CSTO to be united with mother Russia!

Is on of your desired countries a nuclear power? If so which one? Russia

I agree to comply with all current and future rules? I agree

I will make decisions true to the country I have applied for? I will

I agree to stay active trough all events in the game? I agree
    I agree to stay in character at all times? I agree

I understand all current (and future) information of this forum post? I understand

Write out one of the rules listed above:
    Diplomacy is a tool which we can use to prevent wars. With out it we are doomed!