CONFLICT COALITIONS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• CONFLICT COALITIONS

I am Romulus, and I lead an alliance called The Wolf State. I am interested in all bytro games and this one is my second favorite to Call of War! I think it is necessary that Conflict of Nations have COALITIONS on each round, just like on CoW! Of course coalitions would be cut out for team games. This is needed for the development of the game, and ESPECIALLY for modern war RP! CoN, Staff, please get to work on this issue!

:thumbup:
      - Romulus947

WOLF DEN
      Supreme Leader

"Wait for game,
      and rouse the tame!"
      Wolf Den Official Motto

:thumbup:
    • Hello,

This isn't really a issue but i indeed like the idea to have some kind of alliance possibility to be able to create alliances like coalitions
      Have a nice day
      Mathex319

Conflict of Nations - EN Game Operator
      Conflict of Nations - PL Team Leader
      Call of War - EN Senior Game Operator
      Thirty Kingdoms - PL Main Administrator
    • Whenever I read "Second favourite to CoW" I just read that you cant handle strategy or tactics.. and would rather play CoW
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Eternus, your comments are not helpful. The game is properly balanced and we are fixing bugs and introducing new units. So what's the deal?

@ Romulus: we are indeed working on the coalitions albeit we are not bytro and have a separate codebase. Meaning it takes time to port and adjust.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Balanced? You must be kidding - not so long time ago I had opportunity to attack 2x max level infantry and 2x TDS in one group. I'll tell you how many missiles I had to use to destroy that group - 14 (all max levels and standard warhead: 10x CM 4xBM so at the end 18 standard warheads). Sorry, I'm mistaken - those 18 warheads/14 missiles was not enough bc those units lost 4hp at the end. I was able to destroy them by using 6 max level heavy bombers (lost 3 and destroyed 1 inf and 1 tds, crippled rest - what is funny that 1 BM after airstrike attack was able to get rid of rest). And yeah, all of that missile attack was concluded within one hour - don't tell me this is balanced. You buffed TDS and nerfed missiles so much that it's impossible to use missiles effectively in a long run against areas under TDS protection. That is not balance, that is "strategic" nerf. Before you say it was my preferred strategy so it's why I'm complaining about it - I'll use helicopters now bc TDS can't protect themselves against them :)

Ekhmm, new units you say? When was that? Bc you know - I'm talking about units, not pretty images. I certainly hope we will see new units soon.

Perhaps my comments are not helpful but as a player I do believe you should focus more on those new units and bug fixing instead of someone (this thread) ideas that are not needed now (still only my opinion).
    • Well, You seem to describe pretty well how a composition that was supposed to be hard-countered by another ... was hard-countered. You then describe how you changed of strategy in order to do a workaround. However, this kind of overkill focus should have overwhelmed more easily this defense, so... maybe a bit or rebalancing :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Eternus Mobile Radar, Naval awacs and Drones... Those first 2 I was soo happy to see added. I just personally am not a big fan of drones, but happy to see them added for diversity.

But hey... skins are very important at this stage, Im sick of consistently fighting European skin vs European skin
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • re Oceanhowk

Lately? Ok, I forgot about drones. Yeah, it's quite new unit addition to the game. Drones are great, I love them :D I would only wish that max level would have 1 missile hard point and 5 HP more so it could be useful for attacks while stacked.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against skins. Simply in current stage of the game I strongly believe that bug fixing, balancing, adding new units or features is far more important than "pretty images". It really pisses me off when my subs are firing to land units unveiling their position and some other bugs and things like tank destroyer still not being tank destroyer. That last case: TD is easiest to fix, just changing statistics is needed, how much work does is take? So yeah, that is why I'm bi*tching about skins.
    • Eternus wrote:

re Oceanhowk

Lately? Ok, I forgot about drones. Yeah, it's quite new unit addition to the game. Drones are great, I love them :D I would only wish that max level would have 1 missile hard point and 5 HP more so it could be useful for attacks while stacked.

Don't get me wrong I'm not against skins. Simply in current stage of the game I strongly believe that bug fixing, balancing, adding new units or features is far more important than "pretty images". It really pisses me off when my subs are firing to land units unveiling their position and some other bugs and things like tank destroyer still not being tank destroyer. That last case: TD is easiest to fix, just changing statistics is needed, how much work does is take? So yeah, that is why I'm bi*tching about skins.
      Haha, I think they cool. I just tend to work a bit more with helis.

Well Bug fixing will always be taking place, it is still happening in other bytro games. What new units?

Helicarriers/Assault ships

Paratroopers

I cant really think of anything else man,

Skins RN I think are seriously the #1 priority. They need to just set out all the skin progressions tomorrow. And start working on a new set of Skins, Chinese, French or British.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • paras? Nah, what for?

I think there are possibilities in terms of new units, especially navy once. Also missiles could take some tender - I'm talking about new type of warhead (easier to do in terms of balance/time, but not so real world feature) or better new type of missile- for anti ship purposes. Also light tanks would be nice (with airdrop feature) - well generally we have them now, as a tank destroyers :D But it would be nice to see TD as proper TD and LT as a new unit.

Skins you mean new tech trees with specific units for countries (essentially names and pictures, stats would be the same, well could differ only in terms of doctrine)? If so then yeah, sure people would like that but flavour should never be a priority for a beta game. At least in my opinion ;)
    • Eternus wrote:

paras? Nah, what for?

I think there are possibilities in terms of new units, especially navy once. Also missiles could take some tender - I'm talking about new type of warhead (easier to do in terms of balance/time, but not so real world feature) or better new type of missile- for anti ship purposes. Also light tanks would be nice (with airdrop feature) - well generally we have them now, as a tank destroyers :D But it would be nice to see TD as proper TD and LT as a new unit.

Skins you mean new tech trees with specific units for countries (essentially names and pictures, stats would be the same, well could differ only in terms of doctrine)? If so then yeah, sure people would like that but flavour should never be a priority for a beta game. At least in my opinion ;)
      Yeah I like the idea of an anti ship warhead... Nah dont need light tank, we have CRVs.. maybe make them heli capable?

I mean like new doctrines for UK, France and China.

And yeah Paratroopers, they a little better than the standard motor infantry. But can get paradropped within a large range. But obviously cant be picked up or anything. Will have to get them selves to an airbase

i'd like to see more use with helis or more with helis. Especially maybe with heli carriers/ and helis for general transport and pick up.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • nah
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu