UPDATE NEWS 170524: NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTERS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The F-35 is used or will be used in some european country. The Italian also produce this aircraft in licence. The Italian and the britain used this aircraft in a special VSTOL variant F-35B.
      The european carrier used the Rafale, the Harrier, the super Etendard and the F-35B

Also the Apache atack helicopter is in the european tree. The US Navy also get the F35 C is special for the US carrier.

Would you a game with the actually or planned units or a fantasy game with your own units :D
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

The F-35 is used or will be used in some european country. The Italian also produce this aircraft in licence. The Italian and the britain used this aircraft in a special VSTOL variant F-35B.
      The european carrier used the Rafale, the Harrier, the super Etendard and the F-35B

Also the Apache atack helicopter is in the european tree. The US Navy also get the F35 C is special for the US carrier.

Would you a game with the actually or planned units or a fantasy game with your own units :D
      Yes, but the American stealth strike fighter is the F-35. Now you want it to also be the European naval strike fighter. I dont really see the logic. Especially since we can field aircraft for that section.

The Apache is there because there is nothing else to add. There are very few attack heli;s in the world. IMO the devs should have put the South African Denel Rooivalk in instead of the apache.

( And IRL they are not really stealthy at all, stealth coating isnt water resistant...)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • The only logic is that the F35 is used so often in the western and european doctrin. And dont forget. There are 3 different versions of the F35. The F35A is the stealth strike fighter we also used in the western doctrin.
      The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole fighters. The fifth-generation combat aircraft is designed to perform ground attack and air defense missions. It has three main models: the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) variant, the F-35B short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) variant, and the F-35C carrier-based Catapult Assisted Take-Off Barrier Arrested Recovery (CATOBAR) variant.

Actually planned to buy the F 35 A in Europe has: Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway
      Avtually planned to buy the F 35 B (STOVL)in Europe has: GB, Italy
      Also Germany is thinking about it

If there are other possibily aircrafts, I had suggested this.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Seele07 wrote:

The only logic is that the F35 is used so often in the western and european doctrin. And dont forget. There are 3 different versions of the F35. The F35A is the stealth strike fighter we also used in the western doctrin.
      The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engine, all-weather stealth multirole fighters. The fifth-generation combat aircraft is designed to perform ground attack and air defense missions. It has three main models: the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) variant, the F-35B short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) variant, and the F-35C carrier-based Catapult Assisted Take-Off Barrier Arrested Recovery (CATOBAR) variant.

Actually planned to buy the F 35 A in Europe has: Italy, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway
      Avtually planned to buy the F 35 B (STOVL)in Europe has: GB, Italy
      Also Germany is thinking about it

If there are other possibily aircrafts, I had suggested this.

Im sorry, but Im rather familiar with all of that ^, dont need to keep C+P I already know it. We already have the F-35 in the game as the American stealth strike fighter. It makes 0 logic to have it also being used as the European Naval strike fighter. When It will fight against the same unit only that will be a stealth conventional fighter. And since the F-35 is not made by Europe, yes there a bit of investment from BAE etc. But F-35 is an failed American Project not a failed European Project. Germany wont buy it, mark my words. And I doubt Denmark will see it go through personally.

There all ready are naval strike aircraft and they fit fine. If we are stuck, we can add the "sea gripen" which is under trails at the moment. Or Gripen Maritime which is what they seem to be calling it now.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

Yes, the sea gripen is an alternative :) Wikipedia forgot it by the carrier based aircrafts:)
      Ocean outsmarts Wikipedia :P
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Considering the time frames, and since the US naval air sup is the F4, wouldn't it make sense for the euro naval air sup to be the Buccaneer? Then the etendard Or the super E in tier 2, and the rafale in tier 3?
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.