UPDATE NEWS 170524: NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTERS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UPDATE NEWS 170524: NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTERS

Dear Players,

Build your carriers because we have some new naval bad boys.

The F -14D Super Tomcat features a wing glove design and single piece windscreen, and evolves from its predecessor, the F - 14A, along the lines of muscle. Twin F110 afterburning turbofan jet engines provide a supercruise speed of Mach 1.3, while vectoring nozzles add greater maneuverability. Together with a reinforced airframe, extra bomb pylons, and an Integrated Defensive Avionics Package, this formidable aircraft is set for the demands of the the 21st century.

With a standard combat radius of 850km, the MIG - 29K is designed for deep strikes. It incorporates a combination of advanced electronic-warfare capabilities, reduced ballistic vulnerability, and standoff weapons to enhance the aircraft’s survivability. Foldable wings maximize the limited amount of space on an aircraft carrier.

The Rafale M is defined as an omnirole fighter- intended to perform air supremacy, aerial reconnaissance, ground support, in-depth strike, anti-ship strike, and even nuclear deterrence missions. Extremely agile, the Rafale M relies on an integrated modular data processing unit to improve the man-machine interface and hence the overall performance of the aircraft. And yes, she can supercruise while carrying four missiles and a drop tank.

This Update also introduces a follow-up video tutorial series featuring our beloved military advisor. Some of you who are hardened CON Crew may not have had the pleasure of meeting her in your first game, but new players will be familiar with her and the invaluable support she provides. We will now have a clickable Ingame Military Advisor icon in which players can quick-reference basic game concepts such as the Move Command, Attack Command, Adding Target Points, Reviewing and Coordinating Arrival Times, Multi-Stack Selection, and Zooming and Panning. Early-game battle engagement, especially with regards to newer players, should escalate accordingly.

NEW MODELS

WESTERN NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER PROGRESSION
      • F-4 Phantom
      • F-14A Tomcat
      • F-14D Super Tomcat
      EASTERN NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER PROGRESSION
      • YAK - 141
      • SU - 33 Flanker
      • MIG - 29K
      EUROPEAN NAVAL AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER PROGRESSION
      • Etendard IVM
      • Jaguar M
      • Rafale M

BALANCING
      • Going hand in hand with yesterday’s Hotfix Update 170523, AI will only be allowed to take over empty player nations after Day 2. This will allow players time to get in get sorted, empty places filled, and then, when things are beginning to get heated, the game will ramp up significantly with the added AI-controlled player nations.
      • Revisited prices for all units and shifted them for aircraft.

CHANGELOG
      • CREATED: First-Play Military Advisor Quick-Reference Video Tutorials. Six videos in total which aim to give beginner players a solid skill set to build a military campaign upon.

As always your insights, suggestions, and comments are valuable components of our game development. Share.

The world is toast.

//Your CON Crew

• Magnificent update
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Wemedge wrote:

Revisited prices for all units and shifted them for aircraft.
      as usual no specific info. One thing I noticed couple of days ago (of course players were not informed about the change): tank destroyer require electronics to be build so now is pointless to be build (it was its only advantage that it did not required electronics, especially while it have light tank like stats).
    • All the different Models make this game very great.
      I have in New world empires and also in Call of war often made suggestions for more models, but nothing.
      In Call of war the Germans drive with Willys Jeep and the US Army used the Hummel as mobile artillery.

And in this game we have the best model creating of all Bytro games :thumbup:
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Actually yea, electronics for light tanks really removed my intrest in them.

But I finally have my Lovely Mig 29s

actually they making a second top gun.. on the topic of naval air supremacy planes :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • The US Navy retired the F14 in 2006 to where the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet took the role of air superiority besides its role as strike as it is a multirole craft. I believe only Iran flies the F14 today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumman_F-14_Tomcat

Or is this why you chose to put the F14D in the Modern slot?
      tacairnet.com/2017/03/31/navy-…mcat-to-replace-the-f-35/
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
    • DevinMacGregor wrote:

The US Navy retired the F14 in 2006 to where the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet took the role of air superiority besides its role as strike as it is a multirole craft. I believe only Iran flies the F14 today.

Come on.. The F-18 is a strike aircraft the navy are just trying to shove into the Air supremacy role. Wouldnt stand a fat chance against a tomcat or an F-15C
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • The Harrier in the Falklands War was fundamentally a ground attack aircraft - quickly equipped with missiles to do a job many believed it would not get done. There were many mistakes committed by the Argentinian Air Force Command - very much to the detriment of the brave Argentinian pilots who often paid the ultimate price for their superiors errors.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

DevinMacGregor wrote:

The US Navy retired the F14 in 2006 to where the F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet took the role of air superiority besides its role as strike as it is a multirole craft. I believe only Iran flies the F14 today.

Come on.. The F-18 is a strike aircraft the navy are just trying to shove into the Air supremacy role. Wouldnt stand a fat chance against a tomcat or an F-15C
      What do you mean come on when it is fact the only country that flies the F14 currently is Iran? There is no come on. It was a statement of fact that the F/A 18 E/F is a dual role fighter strike craft. US Navy stopped flying the Tomcat in 2006. The Super Hornet took over its role. That is a FACT. It is not my opinion of what is a better craft. So what does the modern slot mean in this game? Modern to what time period? Or is it just to what Oceanhawk thinks it should be?

I have not gotten back to your helo thread to where the only thing I agree on is the S 97. US Army is not looking for them to replace the Apache but the Kiowa Warrior which is an OH craft which is what the S 97 will be designated as IF they decide to buy them. SpecOps is as well looking at possibly replacing the Little Bird, which they use to insert teams btw, with the S-97 which if so will get a new designation.

I do not know what this F N come on is supposed to mean when this is just a bunch of pixels with game balance of all the craft getting roughly the same stats depending on their role in the tree. I am pointing out timelines and what crafts are actually used in those roles.

And to add it only comes down to opinion which is better in combat which is not relevant to this game anyway, it is actually what is being used in that timeline. theaviationist.com/2012/11/21/tomcat-vs-hornet/
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DevinMacGregor ().

• So, after I have read many of the modern carrier based aircraft my suggestions:

Naval airsuperior fighter western doctrin:
      Tier 1 and 2 is ok now
      Tier 3 the F18 super Hornet
      Naval strike fighter western doctrin:
      Tier 1 and 2 is ok now
      and Tier 3 F-35BC

Naval aisuperior fighter european doctrin:
      Tier 1 is ok now
      Tier 2 Super Etendard
      Tier 3 is ok now
      Naval strike fighter european doctrin:
      Tier 1 is ok now
      Tier 2 Harrier II plus
      tier 3 F-35B This aircraft is planned for the Queen Elizabeth carrier and also for the italian carrier

And the Jaguar M instead of the Mirage 2000 as european strike fighter Tier 1

And also for the european stealth strike fighter the F-35A.

For european stealth bomber the Vulcan is better than the blackbird.
      Despite being designed before a low radar cross-section (RCS) and other stealth factors were ever a consideration,[71] a Royal Aircraft Establishment technical note of 1957 stated that of all the aircraft so far studied, the Vulcan appeared by far the simplest radar echoing object, due to its shape: only one or two components contributed significantly to the echo at any aspect, compared with three or more on most other types.[72][N 3]

And the heavy european bomber Tier 3 the Dassault Mirage IV
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• DevinMacGregor wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

DevinMacGregor wrote:

What do you mean come on when it is fact the only country that flies the F14 currently is Iran? There is no come on. It was a statement of fact that the F/A 18 E/F is a dual role fighter strike craft. US Navy stopped flying the Tomcat in 2006. The Super Hornet took over its role. That is a FACT. It is not my opinion of what is a better craft. So what does the modern slot mean in this game? Modern to what time period? Or is it just to what Oceanhawk thinks it should be?
      I have not gotten back to your helo thread to where the only thing I agree on is the S 97. US Army is not looking for them to replace the Apache but the Kiowa Warrior which is an OH craft which is what the S 97 will be designated as IF they decide to buy them. SpecOps is as well looking at possibly replacing the Little Bird, which they use to insert teams btw, with the S-97 which if so will get a new designation.

I do not know what this F N come on is supposed to mean when this is just a bunch of pixels with game balance of all the craft getting roughly the same stats depending on their role in the tree. I am pointing out timelines and what crafts are actually used in those roles.

And to add it only comes down to opinion which is better in combat which is not relevant to this game anyway, it is actually what is being used in that timeline. theaviationist.com/2012/11/21/tomcat-vs-hornet/
      USSR fell apart and the navy did not need a dedicated air supremacy fighter. There was a role change as well with Iraq and Afganistan. And the F-14 was getting very expensive. The F-18 is just being forced into the air supremacy role.

medium.com/war-is-boring/why-t…e-f-14-tomcat-8dbb0bc76ac

Raider is silly looking, toss that out of there asap.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • VSo, after I have read many of the modern carrier based aircraft my suggestions:

Seele07 wrote:

Naval airsuperior fighter western doctrin:
      Tier 1 and 2 is ok now
      Tier 3 the F18 super Hornet
      Naval strike fighter western doctrin:
      Tier 1 and 2 is ok now
      and Tier 3 F-35BC

Naval aisuperior fighter european doctrin:
      Tier 1 is ok now
      Tier 2 Super Etendard
      Tier 3 is ok now
      Naval strike fighter european doctrin:
      Tier 1 is ok now
      Tier 2 Harrier II plus
      tier 3 F-35B This aircraft is planned for the Queen Elizabeth carrier and also for the italian carrier

And the Jaguar M instead of the Mirage 2000 as european strike fighter Tier 1

And also for the european stealth strike fighter the F-35A.

For european stealth bomber the Vulcan is better than the blackbird.
      Despite being designed before a low radar cross-section (RCS) and other stealth factors were ever a consideration,[71] a Royal Aircraft Establishment technical note of 1957 stated that of all the aircraft so far studied, the Vulcan appeared by far the simplest radar echoing object, due to its shape: only one or two components contributed significantly to the echo at any aspect, compared with three or more on most other types.[72][N 3]

And the heavy european bomber Tier 3 the Dassault Mirage IV
      Very much disagree with this mate.

The American stealth strike is the F-35. Why would you add it to naval strike planes it just doesnt fit

The F-18 is inferior to the F-14 in the air supremacy role. The F-18 is a strike aircraft getting forced into the airsupremacy role ( Can never find the link when you are looking for it :/) (Found it medium.com/war-is-boring/why-t…e-f-14-tomcat-8dbb0bc76ac )

Yep the Dassault Mirage IV needs to be put in the European bomber place. Anywhere, just as long as the SR-71 Goes. And why make the European stealth strike fighter the F-35? Its already being used in the American tree.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu