Command and Control tech tree:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Command and Control tech tree:

What the should the unit stack limit per level be? 9
        5,9,14,20 (0) 0%
        5,8,10,12 (2) 22%
        5,7,9,10 (7) 78%
      One thing I like about CoN is the greater command and control you need, with the advent of units only able to land in harbors unless they're marines and air-cav able to drop behind lines, as players we find ourselves having to think more strategically and adapt our tactics- as a former CoW player, having air-cav and mobile radar completely threw me out, but now I'm firmly adjusted.

So, this game really makes you think about unit make up and how to adapt to your nations doctrine, given Stacks start having fits above unit count 5, this makes me wonder: why don't we have tech tree for this?

As our wars progress, our commanders would be able to command way above divisional level, or at least would begin training. Here, we see our " Army Command tree" , while the air force and navy would also have one, the army is easier to imagine :

1. Basic Command (divisional, already researched) units can stack to 5 without penalty
      2. Senior command training (Corp level) Units can stack to 7, with a penalty to every unit over
      3. Field Army command (Field army level) units stack to 9, with a penalty to every unit over
      4. Chief of Staff HQ: (Theater command) units stack to 10, with a penalty to every unit over.
      I for one love how balanced this game is, and the penalty given for over stacking your units (and thus giving an commander to many men) would be equally as balanced, which a unit will be able to fight, they'll lose hit points and defense. The research would be spread across day 10, 15 and 20 and would range in the costs of the missile tech tree.

As for doctrines, I like how they work: I've noticed some units in the Euro tree have more health than their US counter parts, and I believe that CoN is really onto something here, we should be able to shape our doctrine and get the buffs we want through an air, land and sea doctrine. I feel that doctrine isn't the right term, so from here out I will use "Nation strategy"

National Strategy for this should be shaped around their nation of origin: and how we the player adapt our tactics the Soviets would in the end have some sort of Deep battle, the US would have AirLand Battle and the Europeans would likely favour blitzkrieg. These strategies wouldn't be set out like usual tech trees, in the sense they would be a tree: you don't have to follow the tree to the end if it doesn't meet you needs, and you may change your national strategy to fit your game.

This idea isn't my best, but i just feel we have something great would could play with and it would be a waste to not improve and advance it

The post was edited 2 times, last by TankBuster ().

• Would be better to start with a simple Order of Battle menu, that shows Unit IDs, composition, location, status, mission and any special notes.

For example:

ID: Composition Location: Status: Mission: Notes:
      U45 2 Mot. Inf. 1 ArmRecce 486N, 328W. 35/40HP None in Hospital

This would be similar to the Cities menu, clicking on the Unit ID would open that units info box, and center the map on that unit.
    • TankBuster wrote:

Basic Command (divisional, already researched) units can stack to 5 without penalty

Senior command training (Corp level) Units can stack to 9, with a penalty to every unit over

Field Army command (Field army level) units stack to 14, with a penalty to every unit over

Chief of Staff HQ: (Theater command) units stack to 20, with a penalty to every unit over.
      I think stacks that big are way too powerful, and propose reducing them, but otherwise I think it could be adapted to a great addition to the game.
    • B-17 wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

Basic Command (divisional, already researched) units can stack to 5 without penalty

Senior command training (Corp level) Units can stack to 9, with a penalty to every unit over

Field Army command (Field army level) units stack to 14, with a penalty to every unit over

Chief of Staff HQ: (Theater command) units stack to 20, with a penalty to every unit over.
      I think stacks that big are way too powerful, and propose reducing them, but otherwise I think it could be adapted to a great addition to the game.
      What about: 5, 8, 10, 12?
    • TankBuster wrote:

B-17 wrote:

TankBuster wrote:

What about: 5, 8, 10, 12?
      Those seem reasonable, but don't just take my word, see everyone else's opinion (in a poll).