FEEDBACK FOR NEW 45er & UPDATED 26er MAPS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FEEDBACK FOR NEW 45er & UPDATED 26er MAPS

Hi guys,

after having released the new and updated maps we have been seeing a lot of interesting comments and numbers on the statistical side of things. Additionally we've further balanced the economy while pushing more towards PvP. All this often accompanied by critical voices or simply folks voting with their feet: staying away from one scenario or opening another as single player game.

Matter of fact we already have a list of map and economical changes waiting to be executed, but would like to hear from the players before implementing/releasing them.
      So now is a good time to reflect upon the last 2 weeks and tell us openly what you like and what you hate about the new/old maps and how you would like them to progress.

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Only focusing on the maps here then.

Firstly, Im rather happy with the 45 player map. I am sick of the AI however, and rather see the AI difficulty increased over them attacking other nations. Although that is no where rear as bad of an issue, as it once was.

Im happy with the surge in mini islands in the Med and along Chile. But would have liked to see some more in the pacific. And am rather surprised none where added there.

Im happy with the resources balancing on the maps, no more res from AI is fine. And increase from annexed cities is fine.

However there is never a time, I have both my research slots researching. Simply cannot make it. Now partially because I am putting a lot of rare into arms industries my rare cities. But Im usually find myself, 200-350 rare off what I need to research.

Im still not happy with the inability to trade with my fellow allies, resources or units. And would like to get an idea as to what the hell happening there.

I havent joined a new 26, since 45 came out. But Im enjoying the 45 quite a lot.

(But Id still like to see an unbalanced map, where one starts with a military. Similar to the "blitz" map in CoW, but I dont find maps need to be the new target)

Ocean
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I think most of the new regulations are going to be good to this game, but do not think at the moment that this will discourage cheaters, unless there was work behind the scenes done in the past two weeks. However, I think pushing for more PvP is not a good idea; an often important part of the game is negotiating the end of a conflict with another active player.

New (minor) complaint: The tutorial shows for all players (I'm pretty sure). I've been playing for 2 and a half months, and yet the tutorial still shows.
    • I like the same and don't like the same as stated when new map was launched. Nothing has happened, except the one new map I joined had (including me) 3 players at most. Now there is no one left besides me. I'm not going to join new maps. While old map is now also AI resources striped I don't know which one is better: it's choice between the plague and cholera. I'm going to end my current maps and then will be back in about half a year - will see if the game will be playable then on 100 map (well, if Devs would make it until then; it supposedly will have only human controlled countries as far I remember).
    • I agree with @Oceanhawks point about the research. Maybe output values of rare materials ought to be increased? And while its great that they're tradeable now, I have nobody with whom to trade for them...
      I'm playing in Southeast Asia for the first time (started as Vietnam, took Thailand, now working on Indonesia), and I feel like I'm not really expanding my VP as quickly as other players who don't have to do twenty amphibious assaults (which take a while) when they want to take over the next country. What could be done to address this?
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • I am seeing nothing but trouble with the 45 player maps when doing alliance match ups where it's set to automatically choose. It can be very one sided, one alliance gets all the good countries and the other is stuck with a lot of the smaller/minor countries when major ones like Turkey and Japan remain idle computer players.

It would be nice if there was a better automatic system of prioritizing which countries get used up first.
    • My biggest complaint is resource production. Especially the more outlying countries, (canada, australia primarily come to mind, i am sure there are others that i just haven't played yet) enter into a lag period where they can't research anything. I understand not being able to go out whole hog and research everything all the time, but I literally have days when the little 2 is flashing at me, taunting me for not being able to research. Either I don't have enough rare, supplies, or money. So i can waste resources building up motor infantry levels, and other intro units that i will have to kamikaze later to get rid of the resource hit or not produce any units. Tanks, CM's, and Strikes? Forget about it, I need 4 days to produce enough of the 3 key items to eventually do 1 item research. If I don't save up, and research support units, then it is even longer before I can start to field the power units needed to prosecute a war.

Now the horsemen that ride alongside the famine of resources, betrayal, boredom, and bedlam take turns ruining the game. I can make an alliance only to have that ally attack me to get "easy" fuel etc, because he knows where my units are, or boredom because it takes me until day 10 before I can actually do anything in the game, by which 3/4 of the players have dropped out and I fight AI for the rest of the game, or bedlam, by being in an early pvp area and before I can even get my first units produced, I have lost 3 cities by 3 different countries invading me.

And for that trio of trouble, I am to consider spending gold on a game that will either be me vs ai, me with half a country, or me losing my trust in fellow players. Kind of a hard sell.

I understand not wanting late game to be so resource laden as to be meaningless, but why not have diminishing resources? As you play resources shrink a little bit. You can't produce on a war footing forever, morale can drop in cities which reduces production if you are always fighting and taking all the goods for the military, Natural disasters/economic downturn "events" could randomly hit throughout the game to reduce or eliminate production in some or all cities... I see it kind of like economic sabotage events, but that occur 'naturally' in the game to dampen/wipe out production or to damage/wipe out supply stockpiles. But in the early game? crippling our resources just makes players leave that game.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • France = 3 Components cities
      1 fuel and electics?

can understand 1 RM, but 1 fuel and 1 electic and comp get 3?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu