Do aircraft get destroyed when you destroy their airbase?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do aircraft get destroyed when you destroy their airbase?

So recently, in a game I'm in, I noticed that one country I'm at war with (Algeria) was attacking another country I'm at war with (Egypt) with heavy bombers. Anticipating the troubles of dealing with heavy bombers in the future without a proper air defense, I decided on a strike on the airbase that the bombers were coming from and returning to. I noticed that the airbase was already damaged, so I launched a cruise missile at the city. It destroyed the airbase. However, just today I logged in, and saw that 4 bombers were conducting bombing runs over Egypt. I looked to see where they were coming from so I could launch a cruise missile at that city and destroy the airbase, and I found out that they were coming from the same city I had shot a missile at before. The city doesn't have an airbase. I just checked. I previously thought that once you destroyed an airbase, the airplanes that came from that airbase would be destroyed. I guess this isn't true? So I'm just curious how that works. Can they at least not launch any more attacks from that base? I feel like they must have launched that attack after I destroyed the airbase, since I launched the missiles yesterday, and saw their attack today.
    • It wouldn't make sense that they would simply fall out of the sky if they still had a viable airport in another city. But I should think they would if you destroy or capture 100% of them, or they are out of range to land. I have seen several times when enemy airbases are destroyed their aircraft stuck on the ground can't take off.
    • If you knock out the airbase they came from they will if in flight go to another one. Best bet is to get them while on the ground refueling. If you destroy the base, they will be put on trucks to be transported to another airbase. At this point your helos can attack them since they are trucks now. bwahahahahah.

Last game this is how I defeated Turkey's ginormous air force. I mean 25+ on patrol over two different cities. I only had 5 fighters but engaging them caused them to head back to base to refuel. I went and destroyed the air bases in each city they came from.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!