OUTPOST UPDATE 170526

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• People I would like to announce that we have a miracle!!!!
      Oceanhawk, Germanico, and War-spite agreed on something!!!
      srsly @Germanico this is epic thanks bro!
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Hmmm? Why me haha. When do us 3 tend to disagree? hahaha
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Since 3 buildings are planned, Airfield, Combat Outpost, Hospital, why not a fourth building, for a "harbor". We saw several times some complaints about restrictions of unlanding for some units.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Since 3 buildings are planned, Airfield, Combat Outpost, Hospital, why not a fourth building, for a "harbor". We saw several times some complaints about restrictions of unlanding for some units.
      Personally, I wouldn't like to see this. There is no need at all, the isolated locations where they may be needed such as islands like Diego Garcia, already have a level a harbor. Other locations it is not needed.

Building a port is a lot more complicated than a Field Hospital or an air strip.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I must admit i was thinking in a very egoist fashion :D ---> 9 h for a harbour, the marines conquer a little strip of land, and secure a place for my whole army to land :D. You are surely right about the necessity.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Since 3 buildings are planned, Airfield, Combat Outpost, Hospital, why not a fourth building, for a "harbor". We saw several times some complaints about restrictions of unlanding for some units.
      Just to echo Ocean, I don't think a harbor is a quick build idea either. Not just the fact that a dock requires A LOT more involvement, but to handle warships, you need to be a deepwater harbor. You can't just stick a pier on the end of a beach. Most cases where you would have the opportunity to build a deepwater harbor there is one.

And for Germanico, my reasons for 8 hr are simple:
      If I start building one right before work, it will be done by the time i get off work, so I don't need to wait to get my CoN fix.. I mean you can't expect a person to wait a whole extra hour can you?
      By timing it right I can get 3 outposts built in one day, so they are in place for the day change and my units get the heal bonus for that day, because let's face it, when is a hospital going to be the first or second outpost built?
      Third, and by far the most convincing argument is I REALLY enjoy being difficult and asking for a change for change sake brings me great personal joy, and I think everyone on here can agree, my personal joy is why they play.

There you go irrefutable proof of why 8 hour is so much better than 9 hour. And just because you are from Malta, and I love Malta, I am going to give you a fourth reason. Because if I am feeling super impatient, it costs me less gold to rush an 8 hour build than it does a 9 hour build. And we all know you are famous for wanting to give us a great deal on the free game you slave over right? I am totally right. You can admit it, it's ok, you're among friends.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Hmmm? Why me haha. When do us 3 tend to disagree? hahaha
      I think he meant that you are the one that usually is the stickler for attention to realism, G will tend towards game play and fewer devs jumping out of first story windows, and I tend to want everything my way. Sometimes 2 of those things will overlap but rarely 3. Except for LHD's. We all want and love LHD's and G is just waiting to be able to pull them off in such epic perfection that a statue is built of him in every city square, because LHD's are the awesome sauce to dip you CoN fries in.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Hmmm? Why me haha. When do us 3 tend to disagree? hahaha
      I think he meant that you are the one that usually is the stickler for attention to realism, G will tend towards game play and fewer devs jumping out of first story windows, and I tend to want everything my way. Sometimes 2 of those things will overlap but rarely 3. Except for LHD's. We all want and love LHD's and G is just waiting to be able to pull them off in such epic perfection that a statue is built of him in every city square, because LHD's are the awesome sauce to dip you CoN fries in.
      Im the stickler for realism and the balance of strategy and tactics... If that could be my new title :P

Id say Im im in the middle and you guys are both the polar opposites, sometimes I flop one way and some times I flop the other way :P

But damn LHDs are lovely, and I am really looking forward to seeing them added.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • War-spite wrote:

Just to echo Ocean, I don't think a harbor is a quick build idea either. Not just the fact that a dock requires A LOT more involvement, but to handle warships, you need to be a deepwater harbor. You can't just stick a pier on the end of a beach. Most cases where you would have the opportunity to build a deepwater harbor there is one.
      Currently we can only build Naval Bases at harbors which represent deepwater channels. So anywhere else where a harbor does not exist it would not be an easy task.

It was done at Normandy during WWII. Mulberry Harbors. I think they had at least one of them up in 3 days after the initial landings. Built in England and then towed over to Normandy to be assembled. They had two of them.

wired.com/2012/06/june-6-1944-…ay-for-normandy-invasion/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulberry_harbour

Mulberry.png
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DevinMacGregor: words and stuff. ().