OUTPOST UPDATE 170526

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Um can we like re-adjust incomes? you know to what it was like 24 hours ago? I was so happy with my resources and not only my fuel got cut in half but my money and supplies too im pretty sure.
      I have 69 cities and I just went back to the incomes I had when i had 8 cities..... not exactly but close seriously.....

P.S. I do love the idea of the FOB but you guys just messed resources up they were perfect.
    • From my post before.
      Im not trying to kill the buzz from this awesome addition of the FOB but before with more resources you had the choice of are you gonna build airports in more cities? military bases? or are you gonna build a bigger army? now its gonna end up being how many submarines can I have......
    • Guys seriously, I have not found any of the new islands mentioned. Has anyone?

Secondly, support units are not costing supplies ATM
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • You need to start a new map to see the new islands. Guam, Malta, Paracels, Fiji, Orkneys etc.

If we change map geography we would completely break old games if merged. Thus all geography, nation, lanes, etc changes always means new map only unfortunately.

Cheers,

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• One of the worst update to happen since the history of mankind. Adjustment is way different from grounding the whole production. My Oil production was about 135 and now its -34. Was this an adjustment ? I know you guys are hardworking but please stop implementing unnecessary updates to resources. If the production was reduced from 135 to 90, i would have still called it an adjustment but its straight unfair to reduce the whole production line to shreds. And my component production was about 509 and now its 150. Are you dang serious mates? Is this an adjustment ? A small reduction in the production was fine. At first, i thought that due to my gigantic army, the oil production jumped from 135 to -35. But i was wrong. When i checked the forums for a peek, i saw this stupid update and then realized why Oil and component production is "adjusted". I m usually not rude and very patient about things , but an update which sends your production from 135 to -35 and 509 to 150 is okay? My kind request to the developers, please revert these changes or else it would be really hard for the players to play this game for god sake. I can't believe an update can go that miserable. But can i know the reason about the unnecessary rework of the resources?
    • We cannot revert these changes because unfortunately to the way the game system works we currently have to balance it "one size fits all".

This means that running games on older maps are just as influenced by these changes actually meant for the new/updated maps and new resource positions.
      I am being totally honest here as you may notice - cause I believe you have all the right to understand why and where this is coming from.
      Also we had some bugs in the system creating an overload of resources due to them multiplying each other (again some stuff of old).

This has lead to a situation where actually players where reporting to us that they were "suffering" from an overload in resources.
      We could see players literally piling up money or resources like nothing before. Not everywhere mind you - but the balance was totally off.

We do understand that this can lead to situations and adverse effects for players on older maps/games and really and honestly apologize to you personally.
      On the other hand until we finally have a new setup allowing us to individually tweak all scenarios (as it actually should be imho) we will remain in beta and can only hope for your understanding and cooperation. Mea maxima culpa but as of today there is no way around it technically.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

We cannot revert these changes because unfortunately to the way the game system works we currently have to balance it "one size fits all".

This means that running games on older maps are just as influenced by these changes actually meant for the new/updated maps and new resource positions.
      I am being totally honest here as you may notice - cause I believe you have all the right to understand why and where this is coming from.
      Also we had some bugs in the system creating an overload of resources due to them multiplying each other (again some stuff of old).

This has lead to a situation where actually players where reporting to us that they were "suffering" from an overload in resources.
      We could see players literally piling up money or resources like nothing before. Not everywhere mind you - but the balance was totally off.

We do understand that this can lead to situations and adverse effects for players on older maps/games and really and honestly apologize to you personally.
      On the other hand until we finally have a new setup allowing us to individually tweak all scenarios (as it actually should be imho) we will remain in beta and can only hope for your understanding and cooperation. Mea maxima culpa but as of today there is no way around it technically.

//G
      Oh and one thing i forgot to add, the money production is also reduced into ground. from 2084 to 893. This update is a joke. Now the only thing that helped us cope from the low resource production is taken from us too. Great ! Balance was not off by any means. the upgrades are already expensive and it will be even harder to keep the researches up. Buddy i m not being rude but do the developers know how to balance the resources correctly? If oil,components and money are to be taken away from us, then the thing you should do is reduce the prices of stuff too because that is how a game should be balanced. Jesus christ i thought supercell developers were bad at balancing their games but i have realized that there are some worst updates out there. We didnt't speak up on any update but this update just crossed the line man. I mean i have been loving this game for a long time and i thought that this game would become a blockbuster one day but since the updates are going miserable every day, i dont think so. in order to keep a game popular and entertaining, then please do one thing for god sake, take suggestions and advise from experienced players and veterans of this game and discuss the upcoming updates with the players before launching them. This would be a great initiative to know what the players think about the update and whether you should do it or not. Look, i know that you guys are working hard with limited resources but use those limited resources on great things like new features like the outposts you just released. i like them a lot. But it turned me off when i saw the new resource "adjustments". Adjustments are totally unnecessary. If you can at least revert the changes even halfway, then it would be very damn cool. Do you know how supercell made their games have millions of players? They launched great updates which attracted hordes of players and the game reached from a mere 50,000 players to 50 million in just 4-5 years and the company is now making bad updates and the players are declining ever since. And since your game is fresh, try to do what the veterans of the games say ( i m not a veteran) and discuss the updates before launching them and see if the players are liking the update before launching it in real time. I mean, how do you expect to attract more players if the current players are not satisfactory with the updates. I still hope you can revert these changes and return the game back to its former glory because the previous update was the one that truly balanced the game. But this update has just messed up everything. I hope you understand
    • I have one issue that seems to be from this update. I am unable to make many purchases for supplies in the market. I go through the normal steps, and it even says "Order accepted" and then nothing happens. I'm not charged and I don't get the resources. For example I have 2 choices for purchasing components at the moment. One has over 2,000 @ 7.5 and one has 15 @ 8.2. I can buy 15 but nothing from the 7.5. Further strange is when I make the 15 purchase I am charged and I get the items, but the 15 stays at 15, so I can keep making that more expensive purchase, but nothing at all from the 2,000 @ 7.5. I need about 1,000 so I'm about to sit here and click the button 100 times.

Also there's now listings that are lined out with the purchase button removed. What?

Thank you for the hard work. I appreciate this responsiveness and creativity going into this game. I can remember just a few weeks ago discussions about islands and military outposts beyond cities and now you've implemented them! Rarely do any games have such a turnover.

Germanico wrote:

You need to start a new map to see the new islands. Guam, Malta, Paracels, Fiji, Orkneys etc.

If we change map geography we would completely break old games if merged. Thus all geography, nation, lanes, etc changes always means new map only unfortunately.

Cheers,

//G
      Are all the other changes applied to every running game?
    • J1DW wrote:

. I go through the normal steps, and it even says "Order accepted" and then nothing happens.
      Had the same problem on a 45 player map.
      Work around:
      Set up a 'buy' offer at the minimum price shown on the market list.
      For example: Oil was offered at 1.9, but the system failed to fill the order, as you describe.
      I set a buy offer at 2, and it was immediately accepted.
      Strange, but it works!
    • Germanico wrote:

We cannot revert these changes because unfortunately to the way the game system works we currently have to balance it "one size fits all".

//G
      Accountable players simply do not know how to play .. The only resource that I have accumulated manpower.. But this usually happens at the end of the game when I start massively creating nuclear weapons .. usually in three five cities..
    • So AI little bots have it resources back again? If I understand that correctly then: hell yeah! I'm glad you listened to your community. Keep that up!

Outposts are ok, but not much desirable by me - we need airstrips, not forts. Idea is good, but we need separate building for airstrips only or a lot faster build time up to the 3rd level/airstrip from level 1. Also defense bonuses are to powerful. Anyone know how long it takes to build from scratch to 3rd level operative so I could use it as airstrip?

I understand (mainly to fight cheaters) why you made minimal/maximal prices but was never fond of that in bytro games. At the end it's only an obstacle, and in the same time punish honest players.

Oil: are you doing WWII game where oil/fuel was main strategic resource? Didn't thought so. Change is too big in my opinion: half of that would be a lot better. From my experience electronics is main strategic resource in this game, especially while almost all units need it to be constructed (is there some other unit than motorized infantry that does not need it?). You should bring back tank destroyer resources cost: supplies instead of electronics, the same with anti infantry helos and corvettes. That was well balanced, player had choice and some units to construct if he hadn't got enough electronics - now if you don't have it you are doomed and can build only motorized infantry for bigger amounts. So at the end now countries with more starting electronics or oil are in a way better position than the others. Also I would understand a lot more shifting with resources the way you did for infantry units than support.

rarh1 wrote:

Make a larger attack radius for air defense .. 250 km?
      what for? Isn't AA OP enough for you?
    • Eternus wrote:

So AI little bots have it resources back again? If I understand that correctly then: hell yeah! I'm glad you listened to your community. Keep that up!

Outposts are ok, but not much desirable by me - we need airstrips, not forts. Idea is good, but we need separate building for airstrips only or a lot faster build time up to the 3rd level/airstrip from level 1. Also defense bonuses are to powerful. Anyone know how long it takes to build from scratch to 3rd level operative so I could use it as airstrip?

I understand (mainly to fight cheaters) why you made minimal/maximal prices but was never fond of that in bytro games. At the end it's only an obstacle, and in the same time punish honest players.

Oil: are you doing WWII game where oil/fuel was main strategic resource? Didn't thought so. Change is too big in my opinion: half of that would be a lot better. From my experience electronics is main strategic resource in this game, especially while almost all units need it to be constructed (is there some other unit than motorized infantry that does not need it?). You should bring back tank destroyer resources cost: supplies instead of electronics, the same with anti infantry helos and corvettes. That was well balanced, player had choice and some units to construct if he hadn't got enough electronics - now if you don't have it you are doomed and can build only motorized infantry for bigger amounts. So at the end now countries with more starting electronics or oil are in a way better position than the others. Also I would understand a lot more shifting with resources the way you did for infantry units than support.

rarh1 wrote:

It takes 3 days 11 hours to build all 3 levels.
    • Eternus wrote:

rarh1 wrote:

Yes it is not enough. 150 km is very small .. Besides it is difficult to make them.. Require barracks of the fifth level, I have only one city have a barracks of 5 level.. 250 would solve the problem .. it would be enough 10-15 air defense units to create a dense air defense ..
      From unexpected missile attacks