OUTPOST UPDATE 170526

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I do agree on the probability of insurrections.

I would suggest to reduce the base probability, but increase the severity of an uprising.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

I do agree on the probability of insurrections.

I would suggest to reduce the base probability, but increase the severity of an uprising.
      Also doesn't it kind of make more sense that an uprising/insurrection would return the city or province BACK to the original owner rather than rogue state? Rogue state I think should be if an original owner loses morale in his own cities (like for say breaking alliances and his people rebel) but an uprising would be AGAINST the INVADERS by the citizens that don't want to be annexed.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • rarh1 wrote:

Eternus wrote:

rarh1 wrote:

Make a larger attack radius for air defense .. 250 km?
      what for? Isn't AA OP enough for you?
      Yes it is not enough. 150 km is very small .. Besides it is difficult to make them.. Require barracks of the fifth level, I have only one city have a barracks of 5 level.. 250 would solve the problem .. it would be enough 10-15 air defense units to create a dense air defense ..From unexpected missile attacks
      oh how much would you like it to be? 500km? It would be ideal bc more than helos range is so tds/sams would again be basically impossible to destroy. AA is so OP now that you don't need 15 units, I once attacked 2 TDS with 10 CMs and 4 BMs during one hour and wasn't able to destroy them! - yeah, all my missiles were at max levels and enemy AA also. Issue with AA/AM cover is and always was: lack of knowledge on side of players that they need them + high infrastructural requirements. Noobs who were unwilling to learn was complaining about missiles attack so what Devs did? Nerfed missiles, bombers/strikes, buffed AA range units. So much pointless effort - all that needed to be done was: smaller infrastructural requirements to build AA units and PM from Devs to every player: you need to have AA/AM cover units! So build them!.

Germanico wrote:

Hm... we could look into increasing range with the levels. Will discuss with team.
      just don't forget to nerf missiles and bombers again - you like to do that while buffing AA
    • Make a larger attack radius for air defense .. 250 km?

rarh1 wrote:

Eternus wrote:

Yes it is not enough. 150 km is very small .. Besides it is difficult to make them.. Require barracks of the fifth level, I have only one city have a barracks of 5 level.. 250 would solve the problem .. it would be enough 10-15 air defense units to create a dense air defense ..From unexpected missile attacks

The missiles are very expensive, it is very difficult for a player to invest in them (unless he has golds) if his opponent has many missiles, because all other units have been neglected.

Your complaint does not make sense, just review your strategy.
    • It's true that missiles are very expansive in early. For this era of a game, i don't feel TDS need a buff. It's more for the mid-late and late game, where i can produce ~25-30 warheads per day without it being a strain of my economy, that i think TDS can gain some buff, especially considering the point-blank launching from stealth units are absolutely fatal for them.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • while fighting AA it doesn't matter how much warheads you can produce, what matters - how much and how fast you can send them to enemy. Do not mistake ability to produce with ability to deliver. Especially now during massive oli/cash nerf which makes building and upkeeping units much harder. Didn't tried that with stealths, will have to - perhaps there is a weakness but if so, then it's a bug, the same as with ships and every type of artillery ongoing from Supremacy.
    • Guys chill. This is what balance is all about, cutting the resources from 135 to -33 is nothing. Calm down. You cannot purchase the oil from the store too. still, calm down. Purchase gold and then spend money on the game like a crazy baboon ok? Because this is what the current balance updates are doing. I think, the developers should consider adding ads for revenue since i understand well for their need for money but dont destroy the gameplay for it. i can suffer from ads, limitations but please give us back those old resource production. This has destroyed most of the games ive been playing due to the fuel shortage.
    • Wimaranis wrote:

rarh1 wrote:

Eternus wrote:

The missiles are very expensive, it is very difficult for a player to invest in them (unless he has golds) if his opponent has many missiles, because all other units have been neglected.

LOl.. I have everything perfectly with the strategy, before making a note to me, pay attention to my statistics ..
      I can give you advice on how to play and win this game, but I think it will be superfluous .. ))
    • rarh1 wrote:

Wimaranis wrote:

rarh1 wrote:

Eternus wrote:

LOl.. I have everything perfectly with the strategy, before making a note to me, pay attention to my statistics ..I can give you advice on how to play and win this game, but I think it will be superfluous .. ))
      I am betting whatever advice you have on how to win, can be thrown out the window. With the new resource model, all the previous strategies are useless. And 150k area is not too small. Also are you unfamiliar with the stacking effects? 15 TDS in one stack would operate at REALLY low efficiency.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • Need a bigger moral bonus for troops in a city...

Cos I will have 3 infantry in a city and 10minutes before DC, send a pair of heli gunships over everycity under 30% moral
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

How many guys are you generally stashing in a city and still getting insurgents
      Good few I would say, now with 3 motor infantry and a tank sitting in the city playing street football and washing the lovely 120 mm/44 caliber length smoothbore gun.

The insurgents wont capture the city, but can do a bit of damage and seriously slow down advances.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • 3 infantry usually aren't enough for me to be... sure that no insurgents will spawn. Usually i'm only sure when leaving a whole 10-strong group
    • Didn't try to tune the numbers. I only know that when i try to put 3, i regularly get disappointed, and then to be absolutely sure i put 10 ^^