OUTPOST UPDATE 170526

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Germanico wrote:

@Oceanhawk: What would you like to have instead AI takeover wise?

Actually the 24h are now only military AI (no diplomacy, building, spending, etc) simply "home defense" - we thought it may be cool to have some units responding to an attack instead of them being parked.

For this we actually changed the AI to include several stages of AI involvement.

//G
      Well firstly, AI takes over after 24hours

Are you suggesting something other than the usual AI take over?

Maybe after 24hours, AI takes over but simply acts to respond to attacks? Rather than as aggressive AI or something like that
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • The idea is pretty nice "in theory", but well...

This proves to be more an annoyance than something else, in this very specific case. I had the feeling i wasn't even allowed to disconnect Sunday ^^. I do agree that it's great to have this feature, but it needs some refinement. It's bothersome to babysit my troops like they are not disciplined ^^ .

I was like a Medieval 2 Total War General, shouting "REFORM YOU SPINELESS WOMEN"

On another topic, On our late game map, we remain 3 active competitors at day 60. However, it seems that the three of us were absent Sunday, and so, we ALL entered into AI state, meaning the game said something like "there remains 0 active players on this game". When i moved, i was technically the "last" active player, and i could have ended the game quite like a ninja.

I think the problem is more or less linked to what means being inactive, and showed as one. Another bytro legacy, or is it possible to imagine a semi-state where one is shown as active, but the military AI takes on ? If so, maybe some kind of 48 h before inactivity with a 36 hours before military AI take on... could be cool. It's pretty usual for your players to get off one day from time to time
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• @Opulon: Concur fully - will rework the inactive timers/status to 48h before inactivity with the first level of inactive being MILITARY ONLY - so even IF you go inactive the AI won't mess up your country economy until a few days later.

@OneCheesyNacho: Please be advised we will be introducing Mob Arty Units Graphics in the next update - and I hear you on those Marines... Will discuss to give em some prio ;)

Additionally we will be reworking the VPs to make them more understandable and attainable, eg. by giving the goal a fixed amount of VP instead of the growing ones we have now.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 2 times, last by Germanico ().

• Ok, just a request for re balance on the outpost costs. I am not beetchin about low money levels, or lack of resouces, but how is it justified to have a lvl 3 outpost be 3500 goods, 2000 supplies, 1725 fuel, 1500 men, and ten Holy mother thousand dollars, when a lvl 3 airbase is only 1250/750/900/375/3000?

Now I get it is also a hospital and a fortification but it is an airfield that can't build anything!!!! The reason for the FOB isn't because we really wanted fortifications or hospital services. We needed to be able to build airfields in provinces for the short range helo's and air cav. I can build an aircraft carrier for only 5K, and it frickin moves!

The cost is beyond making it useless, because it isn't portable, so after waiting the 4 days to build up to lvl 3, you end up abandoning it because you can capture a city by then, and build a way cheaper airfield that can produce units.

At these cost levels, you really may as well forget about players building them. Overall being as excited as I was about finally getting them, I have concluded they are completely pointless.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Ok, just a request for re balance on the outpost costs. I am not beetchin about low money levels, or lack of resouces, but how is it justified to have a lvl 3 outpost be 3500 goods, 2000 supplies, 1725 fuel, 1500 men, and ten Holy mother thousand dollars, when a lvl 3 airbase is only 1250/750/900/375/3000?

Now I get it is also a hospital and a fortification but it is an airfield that can't build anything!!!! The reason for the FOB isn't because we really wanted fortifications or hospital services. We needed to be able to build airfields in provinces for the short range helo's and air cav. I can build an aircraft carrier for only 5K, and it frickin moves!

The cost is beyond making it useless, because it isn't portable, so after waiting the 4 days to build up to lvl 3, you end up abandoning it because you can capture a city by then, and build a way cheaper airfield that can produce units.

At these cost levels, you really may as well forget about players building them. Overall being as excited as I was about finally getting them, I have concluded they are completely pointless.

War-spite wrote:

Ok, just a request for re balance on the outpost costs. I am not beetchin about low money levels, or lack of resouces, but how is it justified to have a lvl 3 outpost be 3500 goods, 2000 supplies, 1725 fuel, 1500 men, and ten Holy mother thousand dollars, when a lvl 3 airbase is only 1250/750/900/375/3000?

gosh bro! u are just really hung up on this one...
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Haha - yes Warspite is very vocal about the outposts... He's an outpost activist it seems.

MAKE OUTPOSTS GREAT AGAIN!

But he's got a point imho. Cause I believe we should take into account the "half" of the features of Hospital and Bunkers that aren't applicable in an outpost (the population benefits).

Now I don't agree with him in that it's ONLY about the airbases, cause they add nice defensive positions and I have seen them used as such more than once.

Will look into them for the upcoming balancing patch... promise.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • it's true that money cost for higher levels proved to be a bit... harsh for outpost, but i would say the same from spies. It's true that if outpost are less interesting than aircraft carrier (that is sooooo expansive, lol), there is room for improvement.

Either by cutting cost (of course : CUT THE TAXES, RAISE THE SALARIES.), either by boosting further the bunker/hospital advantages in tier 2/3.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Here is what i propose:

We break up the three buildings and simply offer them as single buildings:
      • Combat Outpost (Def Bonus)
      • Field Hospital (increases HP over time)
      • Airfield (allows basic air operations - no construction though)
      So you can "Lego" the post to your requirements

//G
    • Very good update. I hope the costs and the time is not too much.
      But is it the right way. In the Moment I only 1 time have builded a FOB level 3 on Hillo an US base.
      In all other situations it was too expencive for me and the time was too long to build an airfield.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Time will be 9 h each
      • Combat Outpost = 25% def bonus (consider that this is added to the 25% entrenchment)
      • Field Hospital = 2HP/day
      • Airfield = only air operations
      Costs will be:

And before anyone even starts getting on about the Airfield being expensive in contrast to the Airbase:

It's in the friggin' boondocks, it doesn't have any infrastructure, no civilian airport, no civilian workers, but needs a large runway etc. and everything on the double, best yesterday...

From a game design perspective it actually competes with the Carrier - which of course has the benefit of mobility, air defense and higher HP.
    • Hmm interesting. I think the costs and times are well balanced.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

Time will be 9 h each
      • Combat Outpost = 25% def bonus (consider that this is added to the 25% entrenchment)
      • Field Hospital = 2HP/day
      • Airfield = only air operations
      Costs will be:

And before anyone even starts getting on about the Airfield being expensive in contrast to the Airbase:

It's in the friggin' boondocks, it doesn't have any infrastructure, no civilian airport, no civilian workers, but needs a large runway etc. and everything on the double, best yesterday...

From a game design perspective it actually competes with the Carrier - which of course has the benefit of mobility, air defense and higher HP.
      As the resident outpost zealot, this gets the war-spite seal of approval. A good compromise. Don't suppose you want to make it 8 hr do you? he he...

ok no.. I have an idea for a giant wooden badger....
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.