PVP trading

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• senancox wrote:

Nah resource trading is not necessary. It is a feature for cheaters. so it will not be introduced back and even if it is, then there will be a massive cap on it so that cheaters will not be able to do anything. Same for territor trading. If you want these features so bad, then its not teamwork, its cheating.
      This isn't cheating, just because a small amount of people do it doesnt mean the entire community should be punished. This is a classic mistake on the devs part. I fully agree, the lack of trust building has impacted how we play this game, if we can't trade land, resources and units you might as well remove the diplomacy feature and save yourself some net code and bandwidth.

Alternatively. to satisfy those above who love screaming cheater every time someone teams up with another player, only allow this kind of trading in Team games: fixed team games seem more balanced with this feature, as you know, you can't trick someone into giving you units and then back stabbing you.
    • I would just like some functional public trading. Can the AI nations trade publicly in the market? They should. It would really help. If the AI aren't trading in the market, and they only have like 1 nation, how can they possibly do anything?

If you have some issue with the public market fluctuations, you could institute a simple set ratio, like 1.5 resources spent for 1 or something like that and then balance for rarity.
    • senancox wrote:

Nah resource trading is not necessary. It is a feature for cheaters. so it will not be introduced back and even if it is, then there will be a massive cap on it so that cheaters will not be able to do anything. Same for territor trading. If you want these features so bad, then its not teamwork, its cheating.
      You may think its not but if you actually have allies and work close with them its a great feature. I know the point of the game is for me to win but I do try to help others out either way, sometimes that is with resources, other times I have worked with other countries to take over somebody and before we would agree which cities would belong to each and now we have to attack each other in order to give the cities....They already had territory trade limited to I believe 4 per game?
      Resources I understand they were not limited and a lot of people exploited that.
      Unit trading I believe they took out because there was an issues. I dont think there is really any way to exploit unit trading.... Its not something anybody would want to abuse, units cost you.
      It also has to be the community that helps out. You can see in the news feed when a city is traded. If you see a country constantly trade their cities then... report them simple as that.
    • There are a lot of good reasons for trading that is not cheating and I do want it "so bad". I have never had multiple account and never teamed up with anyone who has.

Teamwork reasons:
      1) Because each ally has different resource production capabilities, one might need electronic or rare mats while one has extra. For the benefit of the alliance, I would give the ally the needed resources to get the build or mobilization started knowing that it will pay off and he would be more willing to return the favor, help defend, or coordinate attacks later on. While this always would apply for alliance matches or team games, it also helps strengthen alliance ties in random games.
      2) Allow focus on research branches to complement ally's research strength. Just last game before I discover you cant trade units, I had maxed out Strike fighters and airborne infantry while by ally had maxed out mobile radar and artillery. I wanted to make a trade that would help us both out, but alas I was thwarted.
      3) If in an alliance, and was getting attacked while offline and needed help, my ally could bravely send his infantry to defend my city. By the time he got there, the enemy took the city and moved on. My ally now controls one of my key cities and I have to attack him to get it back if it is not a team game, leveling more buildings. If it is a team game, I am sunk. We should be able to return homeland cites with the click of a button and the population should get a morale boost at that time to prevent rouges.
      4) Proxy wars: Say a country isn't even my ally, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I want to give the country attacking my enemy resources and troops to wage the war so that I don't have to declare war yet.
      5) Team building. When meeting new players and forming an alliance, I like to ask what kind of resources they are usually short on and tell them mine. If an ally has trouble with one resource, I will also build up my production of that resource and offer him trades that are mutually beneficial. I start small, but even small trades that help my allies lead to greater cooperation in operations.

SO, if you want to just make allies for the sole purpose that they don't attack you, and tell them you take the countries to the west and I'll go east, then by all means you have your opinion just like I have mine.

PS- The market is inadequate with minor 2-3 digit trades posted by the computer and no offers to buy anything from anyone after the game goes on for a bit. If I need 2k electronics everyday from the market, the price keeps going up and I can hardly sell what I've got.
    • We will bring back some of these features in the future, but not city/province swapping. Sorry - but in the 21st century Quebec just doesn't want to become French again. Nope.
      First thing that happened way to often (and you just need 1 swap a game per player for this) is that said country gifted it's rare resource city to it's best ally.
      No more of this BS please.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • A lot of the resource issues become more dynamic and far more interesting when the global markets are vibrant, active, and healthy.

If the Global Markets are working well, this takes a lot of the sting out of not having PvP Trades!

When the global markets dry up, or trade stagnates, any inherent national shortages are of course going to be exacerbated.

Closer resource parity is one way to improve market health and ensure active trading further into the game. Roughly, this would seem to mean that each supply-producing city should produce more supplies, each component-producing city should produce fewer components, and each electronics-producing city should produce more electronics. (Rare materials are of course a special case.) Alternately, unit and building costs could be adjusted in the opposite directions, to achieve the same general effects.

The Bottom Line is: Games are _more_fun_ when the Market is active and non-stagnant.
      (This is one great positive feature of RP -style games.)

Take Care!
    • Germanico wrote:

We will bring back some of these features in the future, but not city/province swapping. Sorry - but in the 21st century Quebec just doesn't want to become French again. Nope.
      First thing that happened way to often (and you just need 1 swap a game per player for this) is that said country gifted it's rare resource city to it's best ally.

//G
      Thats what i said man. This feature is for cheaters mostly and honest people are very less in this game. the province trading should not return. same for resource trading.
    • Germanico wrote:

We will bring back some of these features in the future, but not city/province swapping. Sorry - but in the 21st century Quebec just doesn't want to become French again. Nope.

//G
      Fair, I see the reasoning behind that- I don't agree, but I see the reasoning.

As long as unit and resource trades come back, I'm fine: just something to help promote team play.
    • Germanico wrote:

//G
      trading cities is cheating? LMAO but ok, you do this game, you are accountable to someone who pay your wage. Funny thing is - it will not stop cheaters, you know that right? They simply will take the city by force, using other cheater army (or not I'm not sure if you gave that feature back) to do that and then those two cheaters will be allies again. They will gain what they want at the end, while honest players will be punished and forced to go "cheaters way" if would like to trade cities. Roleplayers will love that lol.
    • @Eternus - don't forget our anti cheating tools. They play a role too. And yes it's a hassle and we are all so lazy these days aren't we?
      So who would ever go through the trouble of first flying/sailing to said city and conquering it or even several cities... ;)
      It honors you that you are so worried about the role players - I will gladly explain to them that their feature was unfortunately abused to death by said unfair players.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Eternus - don't forget our anti cheating tools. They play a role too. And yes it's a hassle and we are all so lazy these days aren't we?

Germanico wrote:

So who would ever go through the trouble of first flying/sailing to said city and conquering it or even several cities... ;)
      It honors you that you are so worried about the role players - I will gladly explain to them that their feature was unfortunately abused to death by said unfair players.

//G
      I agree with you. And the option to sell province must continue to be disabled, this is a function that gives more advantage to a dishonest player. Now this game is becoming fair and fun to play.
    • Germanico wrote:

//G
      Great news that some trading PVP features will return. Thank you.

Here is an Idea: Don't enable the standard province trading, only enable the return of homeland cities to your allies and they should go back with at least enough moral to prevent desertion. This way no unscrupulous types will be able to gift his homeland cities to another player and It will strengthen combined operations and teamwork. The way it is, I don't want an ally to retake my former capital if I will never be able to get it back, so Instead I will desperately throw my remaining troops at it while my ally sits on his thumbs. In non team games you can turn on your ally to get it back, especially if he lets you, but not so in team or alliance matches.

Related: The multi account cheaters may still be able to vacate a country for an easy take over. Is there a way to stop that, or does it rely on the standard no two players from the same IP address? If the IP address thing really works, I think that should do the trick. There are no rules against two separate players agreeing to vacate a country when one player is quitting the match, but again this would not work in team or alliance matches.
    • I agree with life is good. Although, I do understand the reasons behind the ban on province trading. I'm fairly new to the game, and went to defend my ally's front lines, and accidentally captured a city of his, just after it was captured by our enemy. Now I'm stuck with it? Far away from me? I don't want it. LOL

Just an honest player, trying to do the honorable thing, and screwing us both.

The post was edited 2 times, last by maddawg ().