Game Mechanics Formula

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game Mechanics Formula

Hey, Guys!

I created this post to discuss what variables and how they relate in the Battle formula.

I get frustrated because I create a unit with a much higher attack power than my opponent's HP, but often the final damage is not even the one shown for a simple unit that is in Combat Properties.

A practical example: a troop, with 3 lvl. 4 tanks, 100% HP and a Combat Recon lvl. 1 with 90% HP. Using the estimate that the game shows (which corresponds to almost the same thing as I calculate) we have an attack power of 42.

This troop attacks a open ground province (clearly showing that the tanks have much higher firepower) that has only one Combat Recon lvl. 2 that has HP of 30. Considering that it has active Defensive Behavior, it has a 25% bonus of entrenchment. This province is not a city, and it has a moral of 68% (it is an adversary).

Well, after the first attack, considering that it usually has the element of surprise and considering the luck factor (of course I know the game uses random factor) I inflicted damage of 14 (only 1/3 of my total firepower) . Result: estimated battle time is at least 2 hours if there is no reinforcement before, which in my case can not occur.

I began to think that 1/3 was the magic proportion of the game to destroy the opponent in only one attack. But then I realized that a city defended by 3 of these Combat Recon would have HP of 90 which would require 270 firepower (which can only be obtained in a simple attack by means of an ICBM, which is nuclear). That is to say, it becomes almost unfeasible to destroy a small and weak troop of these at once, requiring that some less powerful resource be used, such as a chemical Cruise combined with a troop of at least the same firepower of the above troop.

What do you think?
    • the recon is OP, it has been discussed much already, got no idea if theyre working on it though...

besides, defensive values are way higher. sure it was open? bcos recon has a major advantage in forrest... still should have died though so your right..
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -