Full name of game: Conflict of nations. MODERN WAR.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Full name of game: Conflict of nations. MODERN WAR.

I suggest to every player, please remeber this game is about *modern war*.

Also little strike force wich can handle every conflict around the globe. Use small strike force but advanced technology for best perfomance of warfare. I feel like 90% of players are crying since last update, that we have to little oil production. Sorry, If you have 200+/300* or even more units with oil upkeep, it is your own fault that you have not enough victory points to end round before pick oil and starving of ressources.
      Please remember we have some weapons without oil upkeep, use it wisely.

And yes we have not enough oil now, but since every one is in same position we have not disadvantage of gameplay without p2w ability.
    • Thanks LW. Also please note we actually just lowered the fuel upkeep for your units. So it should be definitely better now.
      IF you want to have big amounts of units then please set your sights on fuel rich nations.

To be fair though - I do understand the issue of balancing running games geared towards a high fuel income suddenly becoming impacted. To those players I again apologize and assure you that we are implementing systems at present, allowing us to differentiate the balancing of new and old games (hopefully). I know it's well worn, but this really is beta for us. We are still ironing out a lot of the legacy.

Keep it up.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Numbers mean F all, this about the strategy you employ :P

N sure.. its modern war, guess fights over all aint such a bad idea?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Actually, most modern logistical costs are so high that now it's pretty much considered as a great power symptom, to be able to project power offensively, even for short operations. US and Russia remain giants in the playground, with their operational capacities remaining over the hundred thousand of mens, but for most countries, even with sizable military force (looking at you, china), it's rare to see them mobilise more than <10k forces.

Actually, in CoN, when you attack with thirty units, the manpower involved "in theory" is pretty huge, for 2017 logistical standards. Actually, operations like Iraqi freedom, where Invasion forces counted to the 300-000, are a symptom of cold war management of the order of battle, that is unlikely to happen nowadays. Even the Russian operation in Georgia in 2008 (closer from us) saw in comparison a very limited commitment from Russian Force (and it wasn't oversea).

CoN doesn't simulate the gradual change of mindset from Massive Army Corps WWII Style to the Cold War "Synapse-organised" Divisions, to the "operational taskforce" of nowadays. It would be very difficult, and surely not much appreciated.

It tries to represent "modern warfare", which i understand as "contemporary warfare". In this way, it doesn't sound dumb to encourage a "don't produce it if you can't keep it operational" style of OOB
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Perhaps add a graded upkeep system where standing units in your home country cost less resources to keep. A stationary garrison at home would use little fuel or resources compared to one in the field. Once outside a home nation it could be linked negatively to morale.

Fuel usage itself could be lost via a mechanism similar to attrition. This would even impact ability to control ones own airspace for example.
    • Modern Warfare does not mean simply having a small sized military. As you grow you expand and thus you need troops to cover flanks to include multiple fronts. Most countries have small militaries because they are small to begin with. This is as well a global conflict game where as most countries have militaries based on defending their little turf on Earth not based on taking over the vorld. So yes we would have many Desert Storm sized invasions in CoN:MW. Not just Georgia mini operations which may only require a few divisions or a Grenada invasion. I usually count the number of cities and that is the min of divisions I invade with. As you expand you will then become a superpower. Well if you plan your economy right. This is colonization and those other countries are providing me resources. I am not just annexing the Crimea. I am freaking invading an entire subcontinent and becoming its overlord. This is World Fargin War. At the end there I could had taken on several countries. Fought several fronts. In fact if Poland had not cooled its jets while I was finishing off the Italian Empire I had moved divs up to eastern Germany to start taking the Polish Empire out. I already had tank divisions sitting in the balkans ready to move north after they finished their tasks of ending the Italians in that region. I had units down in eastern Africa taking out the Italians there as well. The Persian Empire expanded up to India/China to all of the Middle East, Northern and Western Africa to include all of continental Western Europe minus Copenhagen/Norway/Sweden.

Plus what was the folly of the US in its Iraqi war? That its 250K invasion force was all that it needed. Franks was looking at WWII era tactics of what is that word some use? Blitzkrieg. I bought his book which he talks about the planning of Iraq and Afghanistan. He estimated that that was the troops needed to move fast and envelope OpFor so they would surrender and end the conflict as fast as possible. Remember? Blitzkrieg is about using the least amount of resources to surround the OpFor and get them to surrender with the fewest shots possible to include loss of life. Turkey kind of screwed that for us because it was initially designed to have an invasion force come down from Turkey thus ending the war a few days earlier than what happened. Now that is not the folly. Something this game sort of takes in mind but after 33% you really have no worry about it which is not realistic in modern warfare, a shortcoming of a game called Modern Warfare. Wars do not end when your line troops move through. See when you force the OpFor to surrender what do you do with all those OpFor soldiers? What do you think they do? Get jobs washing cars, delivering pizzas, watching Netflix all day, etc? No, they get disgruntled. With the economy now in the crapper with no work and the shame of losing they do what? Form insurgent groups and do what? Occupy all that land you just moved through and thought you had an easy victory because it is Modern Warfare and I only need a few units because I am a master strategist.

They thought by getting rid of Saddam that the people would throw flowers in the air and all would be good in the world. So think about that as you condemn those who have larger militaries in this game that those provinces represent people that you invaded and conquered as you took their identity away and you expect them to thank you for it? This game really does not take into account the amount of refugees and displaced peoples that would cause major havoc in areas of the world. Sure we can say city pop drop is abstract post fighting refugees, etc but again past 33% you really have no worry as you do not need to keep a police force behind maintaining order. To the developers I am not bagging on this game. I like it. I am bagging on the notion of slamming those who do have large armies as if they are the ones being unrealistic and somehow doing something wrong. Those large swaths of land you conquered would in reality require a large police force hence why the folly of 250K men. So it is unrealistic to expect 30 units or so to conquer the world and yes in modern times. What you would see as your military left the region to go take another country is that country you vacated rising up to get its independence back which is what happened in unmodern times as they did not leave enough troops in the region or left it completely. The US has a lot of bases on the Iranian border.

It was not my units that caused me a sudden shortage because I monitored my consumption and targeted countries accordingly. It was the upkeep for buildings which then I went around stopping upgrades and demolishing others to say well ok the Persian Gulf will be where my navy is made and my homeland is where replacement units will be made to include additional div as expansion happens. See I developed my country's economy into a superpower. I was at 249/hr fuel and dropped to -197/hr during this weekend. I was not expanding my military other than to replace killed units to bring that div back to full strength. That former number was after taking a few more fuel cities as well to up capacity to expand. Here I was thinking man my economy is booming. It took me awhile to get my supplies and components production to where I could make a replacement unit as soon as the first one got killed off. My first several conflicts I would have to wait a while to be able to replace them. Now I thought I can make me more naval strikes to get my two carriers to capacity as well as build another destroyer flotilla so I would have two to act like bookends for my carriers. I was developing boomer tech and finished making them modern as well as scuds. I had yet to build a boomer. Well you can see how that second number made that impossible.

I looked in my archives at a game that it gave me Indonesia that I have not played from day 1. The AI built a lot of troops. My fuel is -499/hr. LOL. I have six oil cities in mind that are around me to capture So for the next few days I will be sorting out this mess to make a more cohesive military. Out of the 254 units the AI built I have assembled 3 air cav divisions (5 bn ea) so far. Most of the units the AI put on boats. So a whole bunch of seasick dudes all pissed off with nothing to do. I have to pick them a fight. Have not found any marines even though the AI trained them to modern. Have way too many anti air units. 33 fighters in 1 stack. 33. Now the challenge is to see if I can get their economy going. I have negative cash flow and components as well.

What would be nice since we have a demolition button for buildings is a disband button for troops/units. That would be part of a Modern Warfare scenario as well: to build up for invasion and then demobilization for after. Units get disbanded. Troops get the ETS papers. Discharged and sent home to momma or whatever. In the case of the US ... National Guard units get returned to their respective State's control etc. You retire naval ships. You send aircraft to the boneyard.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!