Air Mobile Infantry - Range

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air Mobile Infantry - Range

In the photo you can see 6 of my Air Mobile Infantry in Moscow and their range.

In every case in this game the range circle is concentric. But when it comes to the air mobile, the range varies. Why? And if there is a reason why not make it a beautifully concentric circle?
      Files
      • Untitled.png

(786.57 kB, downloaded 6 times, last: )
    • You see that the circles all have their centers in other cities with airport. Airborn infantry has some kind of "proxy" tolerance for friendly airports, allowing them to go farther. While i have no real explication of this design choice, except it make airborne infantry more flexible, i'll make this speculation :

As airborn infantry is delivered to a point by helicopter, the range is designed under the restriction of this helicopter. This helicopter has a operational range dictated by the airport infrastructure, meaning it loads fuel to "go and return".

With the additional airports, the bingo point (= "empty fuel tank") may be moved, as the the next waypoint of the abstract transport helicopter will be "the closest airport".

This is a speculation, but i think it is acceptable in terms of "consistancy"

In terms of mechanism, of course, maybe it's just that the next city in range is added to the range :D. Gotta wait for germanico on this one.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon already beat me to it, but yes airports.
      And as far as I know the airport level influences the range of the unit. I couldn't answer this from experience however. Tend to not use alot of airborne infantry.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • In theory, so, with military outpost, we can create a "airborn" coverage that allows this kind of infantry to fly through whole continents ?
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.