What is YOUR style of play?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey Pablo :)
      I sweep across fast and take out one country at a time, Being careful not to start wars on two fronts. I get all of the infantry units in terms of tech, as well as the Main Battle Tank and tank destroyer.

The Strike fighter and Air Superiority fighter are big for me. I have also just started to use heli's.
      Only ship I really use is a Corvette, which I use to scout the coastal city's of other nations. Basically, My goal is to move fast before the enemy can gather their forces, and take out any enemy units when they are alone.
    • I'm a huge fan of pretty much anything that'll carry a cruise missile. I've found high-level submarines to be excellent cruise missile carriers, because they don't consume resources with the Soviet doctrine- only cash. I don't particularly like frigates, but destroyers are nice because they carry missiles. I haven't researched higher on the tech tree because I haven't encountered any higher level maritime combatants.

I started off with some field artillery pieces and discarded (who am I kidding- AI combatants killed them off) them in favor of aircraft which are sturdier, have way longer range, have significant reconnaisance capabilities, sometimes do higher damage (especially if stacked right), and are way less likely to get killed without my noticing.

I bought an AWACS and a sub-hunting plane and I'm not finding them particularly useful. I'm wondering if all this together means there's some kind of reconnaisance imbalance, or if I'm just not that good at it- who's got recon techniques they're up for sharing?
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • My style depend on the nation I play.

In every scenario I used strike fighters, naval strike fighter, air superior fighters, both helicopters, combat recon vehicle and airborne infantry.
      The cruise missle also I used in every scenario, but not too much and not too much in citys, because the civilian victims.
      I also prefer patrol attacks, because the civilian victims.

In Europe it is easy to have tanks and mechanized infantry for the army. They are strong and the ways in Europe are short.
      Also the european mechanized infantry is very strong against aircrafts and helicopters. So I dont need there the AA-tank.

In the USA it is important to have a good navy (1 frigate+ 1 destroyer+ 1 carrier= a fleet), Marines and amphibious vehicles.
      The same in Australia.

In south America it is important to have fast light troops with air attack capabilitys. I prefer there airborne infantry, anti tank tanks and AA tanks
      Also the normal infantry there is useful and special forces.
      There a much jungle and normal tanks and mechanized infantry there are too slow and weak.
      The same in asia and the south part of africa

The north part of africa is easy with normal infantry and combat recont vehicles.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • I like attacking only one nation at a time, albeit using Blitzkrieg tactics: going in hard and fast. I research mot. and mech- infantry to the very end, and a little bit of airborne. No spec ops, though. Next one: I only bother with tanks - to the very end. I research pretty much about nothing of the artillery tree - I find it useless. Same with helos. Planes, I research all until the end except stealth units - I don't bother with them. The next part, the other planes, I find them useless too. Ships, I research a little bit of corvettes, no frigates, destroyers to the end and cruisers to the middle. I love CVs, and research them to the end. Subs I don't bother with either. And I didn't research missiles because i you launched one all AI nations would go to war against you, but I migh start researching them now.

#GoForThe18th
    • You will be happy to hear we are planning some strategic naval features in the way of blockading cities or even nations - giving the navy A LOT more economical punch and reason for existence.
      It's in early stages so don't expect it anytime soon but it's in the works together with a new map...

//G

PS. Including Spain, Pablo ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

PS. Including Spain, Pablo
      I love you man! God bless you all!

Germanico wrote:

You will be happy to hear we are planning some strategic naval features in the way of blockading cities or even nations - giving the navy A LOT more economical punch and reason for existence.
      Great! If there was one thing that didn't work just right in CoN it's the Navy. But with this update, it works jut fine!

#GoForThe18th
    • Well new to the game here.

Noticed that I can buy resources and sell for higher if I jump in the game fast enough. Quick way to get res and money to start building

Ive been playing for a couple weeks. Sometimes Ill start with making sure I have a air base network for fast transport. Depending on where im at ill either go for more recruiting or arms till 10+ days. Still im new and early to this so won 1 game so far havent lost yet but none of these low level games gone beyond 2 weeks.

Thanks! Love this game. Looking for an alliance !
    • For nations like Australia I play a very strong navy consisting mainly of corvettes, a decent amphibious military, well developed air superiority, and decent mechanized infantry and combat recon vehicles. Don't have much need for the rest and have taken over all shores nearby.

American nations I have researched corvettes, superiority aircraft, and tanks/mechanized infantry.

Asian nations I tend towards mechanized infantry and tanks for land, subs and corvettes for navy, and naval/regular air superiority fighters with a few heavy bombers. I'll add in a few amphibious infantry and armor for the island territories.

The Middle East and Africa I go armor and air superiority fighters.

Very few games have I experienced aircraft other than air superiority, land units aside from mechanized/tanks/artillery/low-level aa, any form of naval power even from players. All games I have played, all of my allies request an extension to their territories of the naval/air shield I set up in any game
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

So, what tactics do you use? What units do you research? Are there any parts of the tech tree that you don't research at all? If so, why? Are there parts of the tech tree that you focus a lot on? Why?
      1 - it's a secret you know :P
      2 - above
      3 - naval helos/airplanes (except naval fighters if needed) but bc people are noobs and don't use subs as the should. TDs - economically and not so long ago infrastructuraly pointless. Oh and tanks, tanks are just absurdly pointless.
      4 missiles, missiles are the best man :D But that should not be a secret ;) Is it not? :D
    • Eternus wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

So, what tactics do you use? What units do you research? Are there any parts of the tech tree that you don't research at all? If so, why? Are there parts of the tech tree that you focus a lot on? Why?
      1 - it's a secret you know :P 2 - above
      3 - naval helos/airplanes (except naval fighters if needed) but bc people are noobs and don't use subs as the should. TDs - economically and not so long ago infrastructuraly pointless. Oh and tanks, tanks are just absurdly pointless.
      4 missiles, missiles are the best man :D But that should not be a secret ;) Is it not? :D
      I actually feel ya on the sub thing. I use subs mixed with destroyers and frigates on most of my naval shields (on my naval games where I control at least 30% of the ocean on most of my maps). Plus subs moving through random navy regions looking for enemies with 2 or 3 basic subs and 1 or 2 attack subs. Honestly, most maps, I only experience any kind of navy from anyone in extremely small numbers along the coast or a few stacked near cities. The seas have been one of the easiest things to control.
    • When I play a European Nation like the UK or Sweden, I focus research on naval units, aircraft, and amphibious troops for flexibility. I migrate to Missiles later on in the game.

As France, Germany, or Poland, a mix of Mechanized and Naval infantry plus armor, and aircraft works really well in my experience.

As Russia or China and what not, I focus on Mechanized Infantry, AA, and Tanks, and Multiple Rocket launchers. Missiles are just a thing that I'll naturally research sooner or later.

As South Africa, DR Congo, Brazil, and any other tropical country, I go with Airmobile Infantry and Naval Infantry. Naval Infantry for the flexibility, again, and Airmobile infantry for the fast deployments. But as Indonesia, I will not research airmobile infantry but instead research naval units.

But as a general rule, I always look for neighboring players, preferably with a high rank of some sort, and act as an ally, and avoid a war with multiple countries until the very late game.

A scenario that I have as Germany (only at day 8) has France partitioned between Me and my ally the UK. In that particular scenario, I have a mix of Naval and Mechanized infantry, motorized infantry from the start of the game, some armor, and plenty of air superiority aircraft.
      The reason why we search for intelligent life outside of Earth is because there isn't any on Earth. :thumbsup:

Made in America :D

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ditesamesk ().

• Style?

I was in the US Army and I have been a wargamer since I was 10 starting with Squad Leader back in 1977. Squad Leader was WWII central. If you have played Steel Panthers then you have played a close enough digital version. The game was individual squads and vehicles.

In that game and now this game I stack. I fight as Divisions, Wings, etc. I did not fight for 8 days. I was attacked and had no idea I was still at war with that country till I started a war with another country. The country that attacked me on day one never turned red.

My research tree is ground forces first.

My Inf Divisions are 3-5 bn strength.
      My Tank Divisions are 2 tanks and 2 inf.
      The capital will soon have the first purely armored tank division with 3 tanks and 2 mech. I may put an armored recon with them.

I mobilized an artillery unit and stuck it in with one of the tank divisions before I knew it had a range. Ashgabat was my first assault since it is right across the border and I kept thinking why do they not keep moving. They keep stopping. I did not notice a tiny black ball which is the Arty unit shelling the city. So now that Arty is a Division with 3 of them AND airmobile.

I have 2 airmobile divisions. I do not put them in direct contact. The Arty is dropped close to a city so it starts shelling the units. I tend to focus on one country at a time but now if I had to can take on two fronts. I move divisions to the border and I will give their assault orders. Airmobile is used to take open provinces. They are lvl 5 now so can handle a lot.

I also use air support. I have 1 Strike Wing, 2 Gunship Wings (soon will have a 3rd), 2 Fighter Wings, and 1 Bomber Wing. I eventually will have another Strike Wing.

I have researched cruise missiles but have not used them. I do have conventional warheads.

The aircraft patrol ahead of the assault columns. For Pakistan I started at 9PM and by 6AM the war was over with cities being annexed. Very little ground fighting occurred. Air took out most ground troops to include catching a Pakistani fighter wing on the ground. Arty took out 2 bn. One of my Airmobile Div ran into a Pakistani bn three times. The contact was short and easily dispatched as they landed into a hot LZ.

I am making a Marine division now and want two of them. A Navy will follow. I have two open water ports now. They will be taking part in Operation Sweet Prince and Operation Oh Man. They will get me 3 more ports and Persian Gulf will be mine. It is in the name. This probably will not happen for a week or so.

Now that my eastern expansion is currently completed we are shifting to the west. Friday night Operation Husayn Madness will kicked off. All units are in place right now. Operation Butterball will commence once Iraq is secure from possible rogue action. I have addition divisions lined up already for Operation Butterball and their targets selected. Turkey has already taken Syria but Damascus so Operation Assad Nobody should be short and sweet. This may all happen this weekend. Then a moment of silence to build more forces.

For weekend after next I should be ready for Operation Pyramid Scheme. At that point the Neo-Persian Empire will be completed for phase 1. Phase 2 will be a rematch with Leonidas (yes I know technically he is dead). Phase 3 the WORLD!!!

Blitzkrieg basically.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!