My 2 Cents - A Complimentary Rant.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My 2 Cents - A Complimentary Rant.

None of this is going to be coherent, and I don't know if any of this has already been said or not, but here we go:
      1. I love how Hiroshima supplies a player with 'Rare Materials' ... :thumbup: Uh huh....
      2. Seriously, why Serbia on the 45 Player Map? I'm genuinely curious, do you guys have a Serb working with you or something? I'm not against it, I just wonder why Serbia was added before Burma Myanmar, Finland, Syria, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia and Belarus? These countries are larger and may have less of the hideous "City overlapping City" thing, like in Serbia.
      3. I also love how Jamaica gives dat 'rare materials' mon :thumbup:
      4. Why does Vietnam occupy Cambodia? I know that was the case in the 1970's - 1980's, but... OUT OUT OUT.
      5. Can you guys change NZ's military doctrine from "European" to "Western"? I mean, our army is undergoing equipment changes (I'm a New Zealander). Our Austrian Steyr AUG rifles are being replaced with AR15-type weapons from the US. Our Italian-made artillery is being replaced with US-made artillery. We've got US mgs, snipers, pistols, shotguns, ATGMs and LAVs from Canada. Surely this constitutes a "Western" doctrine?
      6. Please. Please please please let us build level 1 ports on island with 1 region. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee?
      7. Why does it cost 25+ manpower a day for the Outposts? Are at least 25 people killed per day in training-related exercises?
      8. Becky, lemme smash. Please.
      9. CAN WE RENAME CITIES? I mean, at least give us the option to (for example) German-ify a Polish city. It is a bit unusual trying to be a big, militaristic German Empire when you can't smother the culture/s you have beaten. I'm super triggered when I defeat Poland as Germany and can't rename Gdansk to Danzig. Not being a WW2 freak, that's the settlement's name in German. Say if Germany takes Qingdao, it should give you the option (after you annex it) to give it the old German name for it: "Kiautschou". Say if Greece takes Istanbul, it gets the option to rename it "Constantinople" (or the more accurate Konstantinoúpolis).
      10. CONSTANT MARKETS! I MEAN COME ON! "Oh sorry Mr Putin, the world has no more electronics to buy". "Oh wait Mr Putin, here is 3 electronic circuit boards." The amount of market resources needs to be tripled, no, quadrupled. It's gotta be YUGETM
      11. How about a Level 1 AirPORT in every city. Kinda like the level 1 harbour, you can't build anything but you can just fly stuff to the area. That's all. If that'd be too generous, even give it a A BIT of upkeep.
      12. A unit suited to desert warfare. That'd be nice.
      13. "Colonel?" "Yes Mi Presidente?" "Our country defeated and secured Bolivia 3 months ago." "Yes Mi Presidente?" "WHY IS THE COUNTRY'S NAME STILL PLASTERED ALL OVER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR MAPS?" (Seriously, the country is dead. Get rid of their names on the map.)
      14. Please, please don't race ahead. Get one map 100% sorted out first, you never fully finished the 26 Player map, yet you went right ahead to the 45 Player map. Slow down alright? You've got great ideas but don't stretch the game too thin.
      15. I CURSE YOU AND YOUR DESCENDANTS FOR HALVING FUEL INCOME. YOU RUINED A 26-PLAYER GAME I'VE PLAYED FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS, I INVESTED SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT AND YOU NUKED IT WITHOUT THINKING.
      16. THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK RESOURCES IN NON-PLAYABLE NATIONS. PRAISE KEK.
    • My insight on your suggestions/other stuff:

2. I also think Serbia shouldn't be a player nation. there are plenty of bigger nations.

4. And Laos.

5. I know nothing about new zealand (I happen to live half a world away) except from what's on CON, so I can't second your motion or shoot it down.

6. I'm pretty sure there's something wonderful called combat outposts.

7. Maybe their job is so boring they leave and go back to the city.

9. I think it's a bad idea because people can convey offensive messages with their cities.

10. Side effect of brief AI-lost-resources.

11. Airport destruction an happen. I just build airports. Wonder how else to acquire airports? Hmm... Let's scrap that aircraft carrier. Wait... that doesn't work? Let's get our spies to magically steal an enemy airport. That'll totally work.

12. I agree. Armored vehicles get a bonus, but what about a Afrika Korps type unit?

14. And here comes the 100 player map (okay, it's not out yet, but it'll be released soon).

15. Fuel income just went up 20%. Everyone felt the price, I think we've given the devs enough trouble.

16. Totally agree.
    • Please do not do part 6 and 11

Now can you imagine your two enemies fighting you? There command chat must sound like this

Enemy 1: "My heavy bombers are airborne, where did you say his airbase was?"
      Enemy 2: "Its in ilikeitbignjuicy"
      Enemy 1: "Im sorry, where the hell is that?"
      Enemy 2: "Its in the southern half of Ihavebiggrapes"
      Enemy 1: "Chap are you serious? All I can find is fortchucknorris"
      Enemy 2: "My radar spotted one of his planes just above covfefe, can you send your airsupremacy fighters?"
      Enemy 1: WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You automatically win, cos you make stupid names that makes coordinating near impossible
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • mllr420tm wrote:

i think they fixed it i now have 8 diff units that are completely stuck 3 inf in a city and 5 fighter planes sendt fighters out to attack they never attacked been hovering over enemy city for long time now inf been stuck for a couple days now. why have the comp any smarter when we dont even have an operational game.
      I can't see how that's related to the discussion.
    • B-17 wrote:

9. I think it's a bad idea because people can convey offensive messages with their cities.

Oceanhawk wrote:

You automatically win, cos you make stupid names that makes coordinating near impossible

Umm, guys? I didn't say you could name cities whatever you wanted. I said:

"Say if Germany takes Qingdao, it should give you the option (after you annex it) to give it the old German name for it: "Kiautschou". Say if Greece takes Istanbul, it gets the option to rename it "Constantinople" (or the more accurate Konstantinoúpolis)."

Apologies if I wasn't clear, I was meaning that there should be an option to rename a city to your country's name for that city. It wouldn't be a text box where you could type anything in, it would be a pop-up that'd say (in the above case):

Error Message.png
      Hopefully that clarifies things.
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Enemy 1: "My heavy bombers are airborne, where did you say his airbase was?"Enemy 2: "Its in ilikeitbignjuicy"
      Enemy 2: "My radar spotted one of his planes just above covfefe, can you send your airsupremacy fighters?"
      This! XD
      I could stand being slaughtered by tons of people but I can't stand the shame of unable to locate a place named "fluffybunny" XD

On a serious note, I think he means something like EU4 where if you conquer a province, the province name will change accordingly to your nation's language. Just... please for the sake of sanity; don't let people rename their cities as their please... I can already imagine what kind of names that will pop up.

Oh, and...

1 & 3) I don't get it. Do you hate rare materials? What have they ever done to you? o.o

12) Yes, we shall call the new unit "Deserters" :3

15 & 16) I agree XD
    • Summer95 wrote:

I can already imagine what kind of names that will pop up.
      Oh yes I imagine it.....

Squiggletown.... Squigglewiggle, Squigglyville,Squiggleton, SquiggleSquish, SquigglerWiggler, Squig, City of Squigs, SquiggySquig, SquigSquigSquiggle...

Yep... I see it now. :love: :rolleyes: 8)
      Sir McSquiggles
      Head Squiggler

ConflictOfNations | Dorado Games

Check out these video guides for Conflict of Nations. Click Here
    • B-17 wrote:

My insight on your suggestions/other stuff:

2. I also think Serbia shouldn't be a player nation. there are plenty of bigger nations.

4. And Laos.

5. I know nothing about new zealand (I happen to live half a world away) except from what's on CON, so I can't second your motion or shoot it down.

6. I'm pretty sure there's something wonderful called combat outposts.

7. Maybe their job is so boring they leave and go back to the city.

10. Side effect of brief AI-lost-resources.

11. Airport destruction an happen. I just build airports. Wonder how else to acquire airports? Hmm... Let's scrap that aircraft carrier. Wait... that doesn't work? Let's get our spies to magically steal an enemy airport. That'll totally work.

12. I agree. Armored vehicles get a bonus, but what about a Afrika Korps type unit?

14. And here comes the 100 player map (okay, it's not out yet, but it'll be released soon).

15. Fuel income just went up 20%. Everyone felt the price, I think we've given the devs enough trouble.

16. Totally agree.
      Serbia is a cool nation. ive been playing as serbia for a long time. by the way, its the first country that i m playing in my first ever 45 player map since a month and a couple of weeks to add on the top of it. the nation is cool for veteran players who are stuck between greece, romania and then Italy. guess what, i m at 917 VPs with serbia and i have conquered most of europe, half of russia, Libya, DR congo, Dominican republic, puerto rico etc. Its a great nation once you capture Romania/greece in the beginning. Though i do think that Afghanistan, Syria etc are bigger too
    • Summer95 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Enemy 1: "My heavy bombers are airborne, where did you say his airbase was?"Enemy 2: "Its in ilikeitbignjuicy"
      This! XDI could stand being slaughtered by tons of people but I can't stand the shame of unable to locate a place named "fluffybunny" XD

On a serious note, I think he means something like EU4 where if you conquer a province, the province name will change accordingly to your nation's language. Just... please for the sake of sanity; don't let people rename their cities as their please... I can already imagine what kind of names that will pop up.

Oh, and...

1 & 3) I don't get it. Do you hate rare materials? What have they ever done to you? o.o

12) Yes, we shall call the new unit "Deserters" :3

15 & 16) I agree XD
      Agree with the first part.

For 1), I think it's based on the nuke on Hiroshima. I don't get 3), either, though.
      12) That sounds too much like deserters (soldiers who desert). Check out this. (Desert2).
    • Thanks for the tons of amazingly fresh inspirations you dumped into this thread.
      I believe by far the. ost important one will renaming within cutural limits.
      Like renaming, but... not really.

So to put this into the right story: "As a player I want to have a system that allows me to rename cities and units and actually anything in the game within the linguistical context of the nation I selected at game start."

Gonna be awesome! Playing Germany and being able to select the following new names for Washington, once it has fallen:

a) Wäschetonne
      b) Waschtöne
      c) Waschinken

This will change everything... will get the team together and start coding tomorrow. should be done around Christmas 2019... for Alpha, and only if we find someone who can assist in providing a Farsi-Parser for the auto generated language content.
      :S
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Thanks for the tons of amazingly fresh inspirations you dumped into this thread.
      I believe by far the. ost important one will renaming within cutural limits.
      Like renaming, but... not really.

So to put this into the right story: "As a player I want to have a system that allows me to rename cities and units and actually anything in the game within the linguistical context of the nation I selected at game start."

Gonna be awesome! Playing Germany and being able to select the following new names for Washington, once it has fallen:

a) Wäschetonne
      b) Waschtöne
      c) Waschinken

This will change everything... will get the team together and start coding tomorrow. should be done around Christmas 2019... for Alpha, and only if we find someone who can assist in providing a Farsi-Parser for the auto generated language content.
      :S
      Okay, in all seriousness, would we ever be able to change unit names? i'm not talking full names here, but renumber them
    • It would be really useful, to group troops into different "groups"
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Yeah the numbering thing would be cool. I am paying more attention this time around as I have 1-4th ID. 5th bn is buried in one of those so continue from 6-9th ID and then 11-12th Airborne Div.

Last game my 1st ID and 11th ID were my first two divisions so I arbitrarily called them the Immortals. 1ID took Madrid, Paris and later on Berlin. So yeah it would be nice to be able to number them if you put them into div, wing, etc groupings. Not a game stopper though.

You could always rename NYC to Kaput. On June 15th every year I watch Saving Private Ryan for my late Grandfather's birthday.
      Ain't Nothing But A Thing!