More different radar/sonar lights

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More different radar/sonar lights

Now we have 2 different coloured lights for undefined radar objects. 1 for sea units and 1 for air and surface units.

My suggestion 4 different coloured lights

1. surface units = green
      2. sea units = blue
      3. submarines = dark blue
      4. aircrafts/helicopters/ missles = white
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • no, blue is also radar, because AWACs/ TDS ect. has no sonar and they only show surface ships with the blue light.
      I also can t see if the blue light a surface ship or a submarine if I have an ASW helicopter.

Thats stupid, because an aircraft/helicopter with sonar and radar know if they see an object with radar (surface) or sonar(under water).
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().

• My post got ignored :( haha

. When the sonar blip was added ( the blue one) it was to represent sonar contacts. And radar detected radar contacts or at least that was my impression ( update 170113 in question). It appears however and naval contact is marked blue, even if it is not detected with sonar. For example my frigate just detected another surface ship. And it appeared blue when really it should have appeared green.

Surface ships mainly use radar for locating other vessels, really just sonar used for fish and subs under the water. I suggest that that sonar contacts ( submarines) appear as a blue blip and radar contacts green. That what I think needs to be sorted first.

Having a different colour blimp for radar contacts that are airborne, surface and ground based is pointless. Better we get the sonar and radar stuff fixed up first
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu