Ground Radar Update 170301

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ground Radar Update 170301

Dear players,

With spring around the corner we would like to give you some fresh content to keep you all happily engaged in our game. Time and again you mentioned you would like some form of ground based radar unit to assist your conquests – so we looked for the best we could find and modeled them.

Additionally, there have been many requests for clarification on small unit combat resolution – both for Air and Ground Units. We analyzed your very detailed descriptions and realized we needed to further adjust some of the core combat formulas inherited from the previous games due to the nature of modern war: high damages, low numbers of units. This means you can expect to see a lot more predicted behavior from combat involving smaller amounts of units, such as one on one air combat. Along the military rule of 3:1 for overwhelming force you can expect to inflict substantial losses once your troops are more than three times as strong as the encountered enemy.

Added Features:
      • Added new Mobile Ground Based Radar Vehicles to all three doctrines
      • Overhauled small scale unit combat calculations to deliver expected results, including missiles and WMDs, specifically when facing opponent with overwhelming odds
      • Reactivated AI: New settings will make the AI once again engage in wars but also beg for peace
      • Added Free Team premium feature allowing members of the Security Council to create team games
      • Added Demolition icon to UI
      • Added Confirmation to demolition button to prevent accidental demolitions
      • Added sound effect to Demolition
      Changed Features:
      • Adjusted Demolish Buildings to only allow this feature in peaceful cities
      • Reduced penalty for losing National HQ from -40 to -20
      • Reduced penalty for Distance to Capital by 50%
      • Updated the Tutorial to include precise army movement tasks
      Fixed Features:
      • Fixed bug with building progress bar showing buildings as damaged
      • Fixed Nuke and Bombing Animations getting cut off or not displaying correctly
      • Fixed certain Research items not showing in the UI
      • Fixed demolish bug leading to possible exploit
      • Fixed Game-Not-Started message bug

Have a good war,

your CON Crew

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Superb update!

I think I understand, but care to explain it in a different wording a bit please?

"Overhauled small scale unit combat calculations to deliver expected results, including missiles and WMDs, specifically when facing opponent with overwhelming odds"

Thanks!

"Adjusted Demolish Buildings to only allow this feature in peaceful cities"

May I assume that this means we goth annex first? or is it after morale has gotten high enough e.a. no rebellion etc?

Many thanks!
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • What are the chances of getting a "disband unit" button of some sort.

I have a unit that has been stuck in the middle of the ocean just sitting there for almost 10 days now. There is no way to get him and he is costing resources. I would like to just disband if I can't get him back.

It also seems like it would be a good idea to have the option of doing so for simple resource reasons. As I have more powerful units later in the game, simply disbanding to get rid of those early infantry tank units and make more resource consumption room for more powerful units might be helpful.
    • @Watch behind you - simply create a bug and we will reset it

Concerning disbanding: Not high on the prio due to a) units being able to be killed b) in this game your early units auto upgrade with every research and carry an important role until end of game (it's not as linear as it's predecessors)

About Combat changes: we needed to further adjust some of the core combat formulas inherited from the previous games due to the nature of modern war: high damages, low numbers of units. This means you can expect to see a lot more predicted behavior from combat involving smaller amounts of units, such as one on one air combat. Along the military rule of 3:1 for overwhelming force you can expect to inflict substantial losses once your troops are more than three times as strong as the encountered enemy.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• This is an awsome update, and I really like this radar unit being added. However there is no range mentioned and I have zero clue the details of the range (until its done producing etc) It appears in the tech tree it gives no details regarding range. ( Eastern doctrine, yet to check my other game with euro)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • I love the new radar units, but I think the building costs and the daily upkeep is too much.
      What do you mean how many vehicles has the new radar unit in real? 2 or 3?
      But an anti air regiment or TDF has may be 20 or 30. In this regiments are radar units and the units with the missles. So this regiments must be much more expencive than a radar unit.

With a little bit more resources I can better research and build An anti air regiment or a TDS. This units also have a radar and anti air weapons. Only the later capability for stealth locating is useful against players with sealth fighters. But this is not very often in this game.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Seele07 wrote:

I love the new radar units, but I think the building costs and the daily upkeep is too much.
      What do you mean how many vehicles has the new radar unit in real? 2 or 3?
      But an anti air regiment or TDF has may be 20 or 30. In this regiments are radar units and the units with the missles. So this regiments must be much more expencive than a radar unit.

With a little bit more resources I can better research and build An anti air regiment or a TDS. This units also have a radar and anti air weapons. Only the later capability for stealth locating is useful against players with sealth fighters. But this is not very often in this game.
      I think the huge range of these radar will make them an alternative over picking TDS. But yes I had the same thought as yourself. I could build a radar or a TDS. Besides the fact that The radar will have better range etc. There is nothing ever wrong with having ore variety XD
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • So what do these radar units do for us that existing AWACS or damage-dealing radar equipped units don't? It would be a lot more meaningful if they could increase the odds of missile interception or accuracy of fire for local units.

Also noticed that unit levels and labels are now missing from the build screen. :whistling:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Capt. Hemphog ().

• Capt. Hemphog wrote:

So what do these radar units do for us that existing AWACS or damage-dealing radar equipped units don't? It would be a lot more meaningful if they could increase the odds of missile interception or accuracy of fire for local units.

Also noticed that unit levels and labels are now missing from the build screen. :whistling:
      Cant always expect to rule the skies... hence replace awacs in that sense. However their range is a fraction of what TDS is... so yea..
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Now I have attacked two times with 1 naval air superior fighter level 3(highest level) 8 air superior fighter level 2.

My first naval fighter has lost 23 points and my 2. naval fighter was killed directly.

What do you have changed????? I have attacked with small numbers!!!!!!

I think the higher level air superior fighters are not better they are weaker than the low level.

In the last time I lost with high level fighters against low level fighters every time.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • I have noticed that even with 8 lvl 7 air superiority fighters against 13 lvl 3 air superiority fighters I have lost all of my fighters and only damaging the lvl 3s halfway... Doesn't seem to balance out. If that is the case, research is wasted versus production in a large way. You couldn't expect Phantoms to hold up against Falcons, Raptors, or Hornets. Heck, even an Eagle could take out a Phantom.
    • Seele07 wrote:

Now I have attacked two times with 1 naval air superior fighter level 3(highest level) 8 air superior fighter level 2.

My first naval fighter has lost 23 points and my 2. naval fighter was killed directly.

What do you have changed????? I have attacked with small numbers!!!!!!

I think the higher level air superior fighters are not better they are weaker than the low level.

In the last time I lost with high level fighters against low level fighters every time.
      Hi Seele, I think you got something mixed up there - let me explain:

In the last update we changed the behavior to be more realistic with small numbers, so of course using one plane to attack 8 (even if lower in level) will seriously damage or even kill said attacking unit - possibly immediately.
      The 8 guys have a massive overkill and strength in numbers of far beyond 3:1 meaning your poor ASF got his a** handed to him on a silver plate.
      That's precisely what you would expect to happen if let's say 1 F16 Viper goes up against 8 Mig 29s
      Higher level ASF are of course better then the lower ones but they aren't legendary magical fighters of uberness, to put it in game terms ;)

@Ravennos: We are looking into your scenario cause you are right 8 lvl 7 ASF vs 13 lvl 3 ASF should do more - when did you experience this? Just now? And are you sure there was no supporting patrol or SAM nearby?

//G
    • Germanico wrote:

Hi Seele, I think you got something mixed up there - let me explain:

In the last update we changed the behavior to be more realistic with small numbers, so of course using one plane to attack 8 (even if lower in level) will seriously damage or even kill said attacking unit - possibly immediately.
      The 8 guys have a massive overkill and strength in numbers of far beyond 3:1 meaning your poor ASF got his a** handed to him on a silver plate.
      That's precisely what you would expect to happen if let's say 1 F16 Viper goes up against 8 Mig 29s
      Higher level ASF are of course better then the lower ones but they aren't legendary magical fighters of uberness, to put it in game terms

@Ravennos: We are looking into your scenario cause you are right 8 lvl 7 ASF vs 13 lvl 3 ASF should do more - when did you experience this? Just now? And are you sure there was no supporting patrol or SAM nearby?

I agree completely with your explanation to Seele. Even putting an me262 against 8 b-17s would get
      I agree completely with the response towards Seele. Put an me 262 against 8 b17's and the 262 is gonna take some hits if not be destroyed entirely regardless of it's superiority.

As to my losses, it was on game 1,792,610 about a week or so ago. I had Mexico retreating and almost demolished versus my Canadian military. Mexico was flying it's 13 ASF out of Nicragua's Tegucigalpa against my 8 ASF. I was confounded by this. I have a game where 17 lvl 1 Chinese ASF flying out of Bishkek beat down my 7 lvl 7 Vietnamese ASF completely while only losing 6 of theirs. That was understandable. Realistically that is a likely possibility, but the nearly even match pilot vs pilot of the canadian-mexican situation isn't quite so. Granted, a skilled pilot in an me252 could take down a rookie in say a Phantom if done right, the prvious situation isn't likely.
    • ...about a week ago... Jeez - we fixed precisely this issue in the last update on Wednesday. So there you go.

Now your 8 top tier ASFs will chew up the 13 level 3's - we tested it and no matter what, we had 5-6 of them surviving after defeating the 13 stack.

Please have mercy on us poor devs and stop reporting old stuff - just read the update list, we got enough bugs to fix without rechecking previous issues.

//G

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().