Alliance ranking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Actually, it would be a neat idea to make alliance appear only after, let's say, 3 challenges. It's a problem Supremacy has got too !
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • If you want to encourage more Alliance games, I agree with Kristovi. A win could be 25 and a loss should be a positive number, like 5 or 10. This would encourage more Alliances to take on battles AND more players would join these Alliances making them more active. Then instead of being scared to take on battles....they could start a new one knowing at least they would be falling forward if they got beat.

French Legion has a ton of active players and being ranked as low as they are now, no new players will see them on the 12323 page of the Alliances. If they were ranked #6, new players would still join them.

Just food for thought.....

B2
    • Would be a good idea, but it implies to change de system, that actually tries (quite badly) to emulate ELO
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I've thought about this more today and I think a positive system would still reinforce an Elo, but a Win would be 25 and a loss would be 1.

Imagine the difference a 1 would make from a loss. Your Elo would be 1001, but you would be in the Top 20. The Top 20 is where you want your active Alliances to be...it's where you want your new players getting plugged in. You don't want them in an Alliance that's rank #7 simply because they created and Alliance and never fought.

This would also keep cheating to a minimum because a loss is now 1 point. You would need 25 losses to make the same progress as a win, which would take cheaters quite a while to obtain and not worth the time. They would also be easy to spot and a mod could simply have a conversation with the leader. An Elo of 1025 and a 0/25 record would be easy to spot.

Apocalypse Rising and French Legion don't deserve to be rank 1349 and 1350. They should be ranked 5 and 6 and be picking up more/active members who are ready to support Alliance Matches.

I also think Alliance Matches should be worth double Military/Econ solo rankings. Honestly, I could sit around and beat up on noobs to make the Top 10 if I wanted to, but what fun is that?
    • I do agree fully that active alliances should be, even if they keep losing (it happens ^^), ranked higher than alliances that do nothing. This would be a visibility reward for participating, and i'm quite Coubertin's in my perception of competition.

May you win or lose, as long as you fought well.