UPDATE NEWS 170615: UNIT BALANCING, FIXED VICTORY POINTS AND SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hey, hold your horses - I'm talking about general situation, not specific one of that player. I don't and can't know how is his situation or if he is exaggerating.

"And based on my limited experience on the forums, your views are not those of 90% of the players. Especially not of the players with more than the rank of private."

Oh yeah I love it - opinion of most people has to be the truth! Yeah, perhaps in beauty contest ;) Nice eristic trick - problem is, I know that trick. Next one is even better - you have so low rank. Do you live in wonderland or RL? You think a guy with bigger level is better? Sorry to disappoint you - that person simply completed more matches so have more points. But you know that, don't you? FYI - I was playing this game even when statistics were not properly counted (I remember some people complaining at the here on forum) From December 2016 I'm playing this game, can you say the same? Don't believe me? Ok then, we can have a match, 1 on 1 - prove me how poor player I supposedly am as a private buhahaha.
  • Eternus wrote:

hey, hold your horses - I'm talking about general situation, not specific one of that player. I don't and can't know how is his situation or if he is exaggerating.

"And based on my limited experience on the forums, your views are not those of 90% of the players. Especially not of the players with more than the rank of private."

Oh yeah I love it - opinion of most people has to be the truth! Yeah, perhaps in beauty contest ;) Nice eristic trick - problem is, I know that trick. Next one is even better - you have so low rank. Do you live in wonderland or RL? You think a guy with bigger level is better? Sorry to disappoint you - that person simply completed more matches so have more points. But you know that, don't you? FYI - I was playing this game even when statistics were not properly counted (I remember some people complaining at the here on forum) From December 2016 I'm playing this game, can you say the same? Don't believe me? Ok then, we can have a match, 1 on 1 - prove me how poor player I supposedly am as a private buhahaha.
    You seriously have issues. If you had reading comprehension skills you would have noted how my 90% comment is in response to Rahr1 saying that 90% of the players agree with him. And yes, thanks I am completely aware of how the rankings work. What you seem to not understand, though is that a player that players one or two games and then leaves, would be ranked private, while those you continue to play the game increase. So I was not, again if you had even rudimentary reading comprehension skills you would realize this, implying that rank means better. I was stating how rank indicated a person that was willing to still play the game after finding out it wasn't something you win in an hour. I was talking about experience not quality. The more experienced players are the ones with higher ranks. And while we are on that topic spanky, you currently have a player ranking of 125 to my 247, so you are not actually ranked private. Stupid, yes, illiterate, sure, immature, definitely.. but inexperienced? I would not use that to describe you.

And please, I NEED to know.. what is your deal with challenging people to 1v1 matches?? Did your school not have bike racks for you to have fights at? You literally sound like a petulant child. If your co-worker takes the last bagel, do you challenge him to a dance off? I mean seriously dude, it is a GAME. It takes up about 15 minutes of my day. My life isn't defined on if I am better or not at playing it than someone with emotional issues. I don't care if you could or couldn't beat me in a 1v1 game. I don't plan on ever caring that much about a game.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
  • Well. I've played only one game, and i ended with 5k points (1 800 points against active player, 1985 against AIs, and 1 135 in economy ---> Don't think AI should give points, btw...) , so... a bit more than private rank :p. Other players do have 20 maps without achieving even 500 points... So... user usage on this matter is very very chaotic...

Supremacy/CoW feedback learns us that a player that you integrate into your alliance when he has 50 points, and then train him intensively for one month until 3 000 points... becomes more "experienced" (through this training) than a 500 000 points player that has played for 3 years, if his only "experience" is beginner-farming simulator on selected maps.

The same thing will obviously happen in CoN, as "martial arts" will grow from alliances and competitors. As the game is young, no one of us can really pretend to be an "ancient". I also began to play in the beta in 2016... but... well, it's only a few monthes, and the heavy rebalancing always force us to recalculate and retest styles :p.

The only thing really important is that your feedback/opinion matter, Three-times world champion or not ^^,

In the case of Rahr1, It's as Germanico described. Heavy economy focus (= arms industry everywhere + airfields) + many combat recon vehicle + airborn infantry in production. All this with the starting country, no expansion yet. So... while "is it enough ?" is a real topic... his starting economy allowed for 16 (buildings) + 8 (unit production) = 24 user-decisions from day 1 to 2 means (at least to me) that he has set a path. Especially considering he didn't tried yet to expand.

I do consider that if he prepared the invasion of a neighbouring AI, he would have enough to "do" for a Day 1-2. In addition, i think i see in his economy something i tend to see for many players ---> Too many components, not enough money.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • My first active game lasted 94 days and I finished in first. I have two other games I do not think are salvageable. This is my second active game and I lead in VP by twice that of the next person. I will liberate Suriname tomorrow night and then Wednesday liberate Brazil to complete the conquest of South America. I have two Marine divisions who are liberation PR right now.

That being said I jumped on day 2 to take Chile. I am on day 19 and I just need those two countries left for the continent (Suriname and Brazil). Brazil was an active player but I have not seen him on for awhile. Last game I built a nice economy and did not attack for the first 8 days as I built division groups. This game I moved faster to take those other player countries before someone else took them. I have built an economy much faster than the last game. My only hold back is money and manpower which does seem to be less than last game. Mind you though in my last game my overall morale hovered in the high 90s all the time even when liberating another country. A lot of these other countries I have currently are not at full potential yet, they are still in the 50s to 70s morale. I did not blow the hell out of cities like last time so I have captured a lot of cities with industries intact. I just needed to repair them. I captured one with a lvl 5 and a few with lvl 4 Arms. One was a fuel city.

This is my current economy on day 19.Economy.png
    Don't nerf that, please. LOL. That is 7 fuel cities I control. There is a method to the madness. I have 81 units. My finish line just went from 1250 to well look at the pic.
    vp.png

I am not in a team match. Once Brazil is acquired I will be building a Navy. My Air Force currently has the same number of strike wings it had last time and my Army Air Corps has two gunship wings which one of them just got both apaches added. Last game I had 5 such wings with 3 gunships + 2 attk each. This game I am trying to explore other options I did not before such as less armor and maybe more arty. I will get more Marine divisions and I still like my Air Cav. I have just 1 bomber wing and had 4 last time. With that many VPs it looks like I will have to take over more than just the Western Hemisphere. I peaked at 305 units last game. Final campaign losses brought me down to 290 something. As I moved forward I left units behind to guard that particular border. My Indonesia game that is not salvageable the AI in my absence built an almost 300 unit military without taking any more land. It was just the original cities. The game I was active in I had an empire that stretched from India, all of the Middle East, Turkey, West and North Africa, to include most of Western Europe.

My point being if you hop to it from the get go you can have a lot to go on in a short time frame. Plus location location location.
    Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
  • Life is Good wrote:

The fixed victory points thing didn't really take. My 45 player game was saying 1600ish points, now it says "Victory points required for victory: 3750 (0%)"
    This was an unintended result when they had to raise the VP to allow team games to take place again.
    I do not know exactly what the new number will be. But I know it will be put back to something reasonable. Probably back to 1250 again for solo play.
  • War-spite wrote:

you currently have a player ranking of 125 to my 247
    yeah, yeah, you wise, intelligent, well spoken, bragging si_ssy that is able only to flame. Come and let us have a duel - we will see if you will be so smart-pants when I finish with you. Or perhaps you are too afraid:>? Yeah, that can be the case - you have got big mouth sunshine, and there your abilities end. So please, do some more bragging and flaming - It's very funny :)
  • It was actually a totally intended result - insofar that it allows team players to play while we fix the actual team-VP bug.
    So if anyone wants to become famous, now is the time... just win the game solo with 3750 VP in the next day or two ;)

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Eternus wrote:

War-spite wrote:

you currently have a player ranking of 125 to my 247
    yeah, yeah, you wise, intelligent, well spoken, bragging si_ssy that is able only to flame. Come and let us have a duel - we will see if you will be so smart-pants when I finish with you. Or perhaps you are too afraid:>? Yeah, that can be the case - you have got big mouth sunshine, and there your abilities end. So please, do some more bragging and flaming - It's very funny :)
    Dude, a lower number in ranking is BETTER than a higher number. I already said you were higher ranked. Are you like 12? I hate to break this to you, because I know playing online games is the sum total of your existence, but I am not going to duel with someone that probably spends 18 hours per day in front of the game to my 15 minutes. I wasn't bragging you insufferable toad. I don't need to brag about a game that I am a casual player of. Maybe you should get out of mom's basement and notice the sunshine once in a while. My lack of wanting to waste time on a "duel" (hey about pistols at dawn!) is not out of fear, what would I be afraid of? If the game went offline tomorrow, I would shrug and move on. I don't get that emotionally invested in a game.

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit. In fact out side of acting like pre pubescent troglodyte, you don't seem to have a strong suit.

And for the record I didn't say Germanico would cheat in a game, I stated that as a dev he COULD.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.