UPDATE NEWS 170615: UNIT BALANCING, FIXED VICTORY POINTS AND SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UPDATE NEWS 170615: UNIT BALANCING, FIXED VICTORY POINTS AND SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY

Dear Players,

This week introduces an updated Victory Point System: We have decided to fix final Victory Points for the 26-Player map at 1000, and for the 45-Player map at 1250. The VP’s of each of your owned cities will increase per level of population (eg. pop 5 = 5VP / pop 10 = 20 VP). So as your population grows over time, you will amass more VP "automatically" by caring for your own population. For this reason we are also expanding the capacity of bunkers to actually protect/shield ALL of the population in steps of 2 (eg. bunker level 1 = shields pop 1-2 / bunker level 5 = shields pop 9-10).

Besides these changes we have unified the terrain movement penalties and revamped all ground unit terrain combat modifiers - resulting in much more interesting pairings and specializations for units.

This week also introduces the new Self-Propelled Artillery skins:

The M1203 NLOS is a tracked hybrid electric/fuel artillery vehicle weighing in at 27 tons. It transports two crew and 24 rounds of ammunition to any frontline with the intent to provide networked, precise, heavy, long-range fire. The fully automatic 155mm/38 caliber cannon has quick-change capabilities that enable the rapid changing of round types and rate of fire. The hybrid technology allows the NLOS to perform key surveillance roles without a running engine, offering tactical stealth as well as the obvious benefits to increased fuel economy.

Weighing in at 55 tons, the tracked 2S35 Koalitsiya - SV howitzer is the most capable unit in the world. Operated by three, well-protected men, the Koalitsiya has a 152 mm/52 caliber main gun, as well as a 12.7 mm machine gun with which to conduct its affairs. The fully automated loading and handling system is capable of firing a wide range of munitions a distance of 30 to 40 km at 8 rounds per minute. She will carry 60 rounds of ammunition on board, with an optional system that allows for reload from a truck. And if that’s not enough, she can also build herself a trench within 12-40 minutes with her entrenching blade.

The 55 ton German Panzerhaubitze 2000 is a tracked howitzer fitted with a powerful 155 mm main gun. She supports a crew of 5, and features a chromium-plated, 8-meter long barrel which is fitted with a slotted muzzle brake for added muzzle velocity. She has a fully automatic loading management system that comes with a standard 32-round primer magazine. She is noted for her high rate of fire, and in a burst, will fire off 3 rounds in nine seconds, and depending upon barrel heating, is capable of firing 10-13 rounds per minute continuously. She holds 60 rounds of ammunition on board.

Happy hunting!

NEW MODELS
    WESTERN SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY PROGRESSION
    • M110 Howitzer
    • M109 Howitzer
    • M1203 NLOS
    EASTERN SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY PROGRESSION
    • 2S3 Akatsiya
    • 2S19 MSTA - 5
    • 2S35 Koalitsiya - SV
    EUROPEAN SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY PROGRESSION
    • GCT 155MM
    • AS - 90 Braveheart
    • Panzerhaubitze 2000

CHANGELOG
    • Resolved server issues resulting in invisible units and games not loading
    • Optimized unit sprite display leading to better loading performance
    • Updated Victory Point System which fixes VP’s at 1000 for the 26-Player map, and 1250 for the 45-Player map, with scaling VP for own population.
    • Fixed inactive players being replaced by AI showing the correct player icon

BALANCING CHANGES

Increased Morale War Penalty from -1 to -2 per running war

Unified Movement Penalties for Terrain for all ground units to either 25% or 50% flat

Set Urban Movement Penalty at 25% to simulate military units moving in dense Urban terrain

Increased all player game starting resource levels when starting a new map

Reduced Fuel Upkeep cost for all units depending on their level - the higher the less fuel the units now use

Reduced Money Upkeep cost for all Buildings depending on their level - high level buildings get larger reduction

Increased Supplies Upkeep for many units - the higher the unit the more supplies units will use

Population levels of 6 and above now grant more Victory Points. Population levels which were 6/7/8/9/10 have been increased to 7/10/13/16/20.

Bunker Update: In order to protect our most-valuable civilians, bunkers are now able to defend all of the local population - essentially double its level, e.g.:
    • Bunker Level 1 - Pop. level 1 and 2
    • Bunker Level 2 - Pop. level 3 and 4
    • Bunker Level 3 - Pop. level 5 and 6
    • Bunker Level 4 - Pop. level 7 and 8
    • Bunker Level 5 - Pop. Level 9 and 10

Increased Bunker Supplies cost:

• Level 3 from 2000 to 2500
    • Level 4 from 2500 to 3500
    • Level 5 from 3500 to 5000

Increased FOB Supplies Upkeep from 25/50/100 to 50/100/250

Introduced increasing Manpower cost for Units depending on their level

Introduced Manpower Upkeep for certain Buildings such as Bases and Hospitals

Reworked terrain attack/ defense modifiers for ground units (make sure to drag your arty up on a hill - it will pay off now)

UAV's:
    • Removed Tier 1 UAV Rare Materials Cost
    • Moved UAV Tier 1 Research from day 6 to day 4

Attack Submarine:
    • Changed Rare Materials cost from 300 flat to 200/400

Ballistic Missile Submarine:
    • Changed Rare materials cost from 600 flat to 300/750
    • Introduced a Nuclear Reactor Refit upgrade that removes Fuel upkeep

Mobile Artillery, Towed Artillery, Multiple Rocket Launcher System:
    • Introduced x2 View Range Modifier in Mountains.

Mechanized Infantry:
    • Changed class from Armor to Infantry
    • Readjusted Hit Points from 26/28/30/35 to 25/27/30/35
    • Unified Infantry/Armored damage from xx to 3/5/8 and 6/8/10 to 4/6/8

Naval Infantry (Marines):
    • Removed Storm Unit/Ignores Fort (reserved only for Special Forces)
    • Lowered Defense Bonus in Urban terrain from +50% to +25%

Transport Ship:
    • Reduced speed on Coastal/ High Sea from 1.8/3.6 to 1.3/2.5

POST RELEASE ADDENDUM BALANCING:

Towed Artillery:
    • Increased Infantry damage to 2/4/5/6
    Mobile Artillery:
    • Increased Infantry damage from to 3/5/7
    • Increased Armored damage from to 5/7/9
    • Increased hitpoints from 20/22/25/30 top 25/27/30/35
    MRLS:
    • Increased Infantry damage from 4/5/6 to 4/6/8
    • Increased Armored damage from 4/5/6.5 to 8/10/12
    Heavy Bomber:
    • Decreased Infantry Damage from 6/11/16 to 4/8/12
    • Increased Morale Damage from 2/3/4 to 4/5/6
    Strike Fighter:
    • Decreased Infantry damage from 4/6/9 to 2/4/6
    • Decreased Armored damage from 5/7/10 to 4/6/9
    Naval Strike Fighter:
    • Decreased Infantry damage from 4/6/9 to 2/4/6
    • Decreased Armored damage from 5/7/10 to 4/6/9
    Helicopter Gunship:
    • Reduced Infantry Damage from 7/10/15 to 5/8/12
    Stealth Bomber:
    • Reduced Ifantry Damage from 20 to 15
    Stealth Strike Fighter:
    • Reduced Infantry Damage from 11 to 8
    UAV:
    • Reduced Infantry Damage from 3/5 to 2/4
    Corvette:
    • Reduced Infantry Damage from 3/4/5 to 2/3/4

Once again, thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. We appreciate them. Keep them coming. Share.

The world is toast.

//Your CON Crew

The post was edited 2 times, last by Wemedge ().

• Wemedge wrote:

Mechanized Infantry:

Changed class from Armor to Infantry
    sorry, really, but I just had to laugh at it - it's not going to force people to use tanks despite your efforts ;) We still have attack chopers and even those silly tank destroyers (light tanks in terms of balance - still!). I just wonder whose brilliant idea it was to make mech. inf. a soft unit? One of forum warriors or the devs?
  • Interesting update. But before the update, the Leopard 2A 7 with urban survival kit has more power than the main battle tanks of the other dotrins with this kit.
    The Leopard 2 A7+ is also very specialized for urban combat.
    The Panzerhaubitze 2000 must also have more speed ca 1,25.
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Seele07 wrote:

Interesting update. But before the update, the Leopard 2A 7 with urban survival kit has more power than the main battle tanks of the other dotrins with this kit.
    The Leopard 2 A7+ is also very specialized for urban combat.
    The Panzerhaubitze 2000 must also have more speed ca 1,25.
    Panzerhaubitze: We should make them faster - granted. Will update.

Urban Tank Warfare: Please check out the actual reduction of Negative Modifier through Urban Survival Kit Upgrade: from -50% to -25% --- making this tank VERY viable in Urban terrain in comparison.

MBT Level 7 Upgrade - observe the City Malus (no more -50%)

"Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Guys you need to take a hard look at both team game and Challenge matches.

Now that you only need 1250 vp to win a 15 vs 15.... the game is automatically over at the end of the first day.
    Teams literally start off with more VP than it takes to win.

You have also brought to life every Alliance's dead games and caused them to count as victories and losses.
    I do not know if you can just put that genie back in the bottle.

Please give us an emergency patch so we are capable of playing team games.
    I am done with pubs. I am only here for Challenge Matches at this point. And right now there is no such thing.
  • Eternus wrote:

Wemedge wrote:

Mechanized Infantry:

Changed class from Armor to Infantry
    sorry, really, but I just had to laugh at it - it's not going to force people to use tanks despite your efforts ;) We still have attack chopers and even those silly tank destroyers (light tanks in terms of balance - still!). I just wonder whose brilliant idea it was to make mech. inf. a soft unit? One of forum warriors or the devs?
    Yeah what does that mean class? They are not technically armored and they are not technically light or motorized infantry. I noticed that in the game when I put in 1 tank and the rest are say moto inf it called the division an armored division. 1st Cav Division was armored, mechanized, and airmobile. 2AD, ie 2nd Armored Division was armored and mechanized for example. It would be nice if the majority unit type claimed the name of the unit. So that 1 tank, 1 recon, and 3 mech inf would be called a Mechanized Division. Or is that what I am missing, the class is what names the division, wing, etc? So my example it would be XX infantry division?

Mech Infantry are smaller squads but their strength comes from that bushmaster on the Bradley. I am just trying to understand Eternus' angst here over the reclassification. I do not see class in their stats.
    Ain't Nothing But A Thing!
  • I am torn regarding this update. I agree that mech inf should really be infantry, but I am not sold on the new terrain mods. I really hate spending the resources to research, buy, and maintain tanks. Unless you are a straight up desert/plains combatant they are just boring to me. I disagree with those that call TD's light tanks. For instance, the US tree tier 3 TD is a stryker. That is not a light tank. It is an armored infantry carrier with a big gun or missile launcher on it. It rocks at urban combat, but put it in open country vs an abrams and you have stryker with a large hole where the chassis was.

I basically just don't want to build tanks, so making them "better" by comparison to other units doesn't thrill me.

I kind of like the nerfing of air power, as it was pretty one sided. I had a game where my eastern tech opponent had a LOT of tanks, but no AA of anything more than motor inf. A handful of strikes and they were all gone. And helo's although effective against infantry are not all powerful, and so should not have been able to wipe out an entire unit in two combat phases.

The new looks for spg's are nice. Not thrilling but nice. I haven't found a lot of desire to build much more than a few towed units, but i do like the bonuses for mountains.

The terrain bonuses I feel are unjust on the benefits of marines vs mech inf. Mech inf are essentially using TD's and recon vehicles so why do TD's get urban bonuses but mech inf don't? Marines are meant to be primarily for naval assault, not urban assault. That is too big a bonus for marines or not enough of a bonus for mech.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
  • Noticed today that yeah the overall VP dropped from 1700 something to 1250. It is day 15 and I already have 623. I take Guyana, Suriname, and Brazil and I have all of South America. So I am guessing I will be over 800 then. I am going much faster this time, maybe it is the terrain in part. I was wondering if I could win by just taking all of the Western Hemisphere. I got challenged last night by South Africa to a fight. Not sure he really wants to do that. Plus with 1700 and increasing it looked like I would not be able to achieve victory just with the Americas. I would have to hop on over to maybe Africa and add them to the Argentine Collective. Donald Trump does not seem to be handling the USA well. He is building a lot in Hawaii but he has taken no countries and this is day 15. He invaded Canada and now it is invading him. LOL. Dude seriously there are three meaty cities right there. Build strength and attack them deliberately not piecemeal with 1zies and 2zies units. He landed in Cuba with airborne took two provinces but then lost Havana to insurgents. He started a war with Dominican Republic but has taken no territory. Meanwhile I have my second Marine division ready to head to the Caribbean and join the party with the other division. I could just take the Falklands and see what the Brits do. Come on down. We are having a party. Maybe a bomber base to bomb South Africa from. I just researched cruise missiles.

Long winded but hey. So infantry will be harder to kill, got it. Just got to pile drive them then. No mercy, no respite, there is only fargin war.

Thanks for this game.
  • DevinMacGregor wrote:

... there is only fargin war.

Thanks for this game.
    You fargin icehole bastige. I put you bells in a sling!
    - Roman Maroney.
    ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
  • I had at least 7 tank divisions last game. That is 3 tanks + 2 mech inf each. I may had lost 1 tank in 94 days but then again I did not face a lot of air power. I did not see it a piece of cake killing them though minus cruise missiles. I probably will not be making many of them and when I do it will be for my NA campaign.

I did not get a chance to explore boomers last game. I will this game. So yeah thanks for the nuclear retrofit. I have plans for them when I take the USA.
  • The strike fighter level 1 is for waste with this reduced power. They must attack 8 times to destroy a infantry????
    Against infantry 3 is better. If the mot. infantry has level 3, the mot. infantry is stronger than the strike fighter. Than the infantry has 2,3 against aircrafts and the strike fighter only 2?

@Germanico
    What I mean with the urban tank warfare is: The Leopard 2 had before a better bonus than the other doctrins and now it has the same bonus.
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
  • @Seele: We nerfed all anti-inf damages, and Strikes are not against inf predominately - give arty a chance.

Thins being said we are just upping the damages for starting Towed Arty again to 3 as well as for the Strikes - 2 was too low.

Really trying to balance the Arty into the system - had absolutely overlooked it for much too long.

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • oh, so strikes got another nerf? So devs want to force ppl muster SPGs while strikes are not effective at all anymore? Another pointless nerf. SPGs power is - automatic fire over long distance so then when player is not present (especially effective with defensive or crawling strategies for players who does not have much time to spend in game). Those unit does not need buff or others nerf - there is mind required. Mind that tell player to choose that unit. Where there is no mind behind scene, nothing will help. Some people does not understand how units work so Devs are nerfing more popular units for long time - do you really think it will help? It will only make this game poorer and force sensible people to leave this game - you will be left with noobs. Will they be able to maintain this game by buying gold? Hell, who knows, perhaps :D

Well then - no answer about mech. inf.? It does not surprise me at all ]:->
  • so can someone explain the logic behind bumping victory points down to 1250? this means you only have to control europe and saudi arabia to win. whats the point in creating a research table that goes all the way to icbm if you will never get to use it? i hope you guys fix this soon it absolutely is ruining my game. now instead of the massive war the remaining players were expecting there is a chance i may win in the next few days from just simply collecting more vp points.

my s3oo, ballistic missiles, and other advanced weapons look like ill never be able to use them now with this control 20% of the world and conquer the world....
  • I agree that this hurts all aspects of the game.
    It completely shut down team games but as I said in other posts, this has to be a mistake.

Not only does this make the advanced units never get used, it will also hurt their bottom line.
    Less players will buy gold if there is no time to spend it and enjoy it. In the end... that simple fact is what will bring the VP back up some.

They might have done this due to needing server space. But overall, it is not a profitable move.

In the meantime, I am very concerned that it is taking so long to restore Team Games.