Alliances Recruiting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A real question that is related more to how we build our alliance instead of how the game works.

The lambda alliance will recruit merely because his 12 years-old leader fancies himself a leader, and will recruit randomly anyone who accept to come.

No project, No organisation, No Work.

To take the example of your alliance :

Because of your goal and motivation to do alliance games, you established standards, training, you need to keep track of activity to get active members into the fight... and even i don't know exactly what you do, in administrative terms, i do well imagine that you alliance representative actually "work" as would "work" heads of a sport association, for the well-being and actions of the group.

Many alliances don't. And as alliance games imply regularity, coordination, and some basic administration, many fail to do that.

Short term, if you want some additional ennemies, organise internal alliance game with random teams, and do rotation each time, to simulate challenge. It will maintain a good level of readyness, and give you an edge. Hopefully, in the long-term, we'll see more and more small-sized team able and willing to do alliance games.

But for now, sadly, the alliances that are ABLE to keep 20 to 25 active and dynamic players within their ranks, can be counted on our hand's fingers.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Short term, if you want some additional ennemies, organise internal alliance game with random teams, and do rotation each time, to simulate challenge. It will maintain a good level of readyness, and give you an edge. Hopefully, in the long-term, we'll see more and more small-sized team able and willing to do alliance games.

But for now, sadly, the alliances that are ABLE to keep 20 to 25 active and dynamic players within their ranks, can be counted on our hand's fingers.
      I'm not picking on you, but the limit is 20 players per Alliance, which is a good number. What we are really after is more support from CoN for the Alliances.

When I was with PMC, I messaged every leader of every Alliance that had over 13 members to ask for an Alliance Match and received a total of 5 responses for the 50+ messages sent. I think some of them are just recruit only Alliances and run internal matches and that's their right to do so. This is just a guess since I can't see what's going on inside of those Alliances, but to not get responses from 40+ Alliances shows a real dead spot in activity. Even if you look inside the Alliances, we saw many people active every single day that simply did not respond to Alliance Chat or on the LINE app.

Alliance Challenges:

1 - The Elo system is a great system for most games, but I feel like it hurts this game. If a team takes a loss they fall to the bottom and have lost the ability to recruit based on the first page. Think of it in these terms, when you google stuff, how often do you go past the first or second page of results? How often do you go to the 135th page of results? A loss should be worth a 1, this would still give an insignificant reward to the losing team AND keep them relevant. There are some really good teams at the bottom who have lost the ability to recruit...it's almost a death sentence.

2 - The Communication system is inadequate for in game communication. The current total of saved messages is 20 in Alliance chat and two people can type 20 messages talking about relevant stuff in 5 minutes. So let's say I logout and immediately a leader or mod posts something important. Let's say I log in 12 hours later, I'm hoping and praying in those 720 minutes, nothing went on, or I would never see those messages from the leader/moderator. If server space is the issue here, then how about an in game forums for Alliances. Anything so we can communicate without having to load an app on my phone. I know it sounds petty, but people have complained (not me) about space on their phones with loading a communicating app for the game. That's a food for thought thing.

3 - Internal Alliance Games are fun, but they are like putting a bandaid on a bullet wound. If there is a ranking system, people want to be able to be the best of the best and will strive to do just that. I'm not lobbying against them, just saying they aren't a fix for the real thing. Internal Alliance Matches are like the diet coke of war games.

Has anyone thought about maybe starting a council of players that can give you real time game insight? You can get a handful of people for free that would be able to help give you community input to stuff before it's rolled out. It could save you a ton of heartache for a little time invested and you would have players there to help explain the changes to the general player base along side you. Players that are respected by other players....I'm not volunteering, just throwing out a suggestion :)

Thanks for taking the time to read the responses....I know you guys work tirelessly to make the game better for us and it's appreciated.

B2
    • Ah yes, you have the 20-25 limit. So let's say : maintaining 10-15 people active is hard :p.

1°) Agree.

2°) I do agree partially, because i feel alliances should get their external communication devices. Free forum are a things, for those who don't dev. Except from that, i agree with your objective.

3°) Yes. Internal games can just help maintain activity. In fact, it's a official tournament that is much needed to give a recurring incentive.

About a council of players : Indirectly, it's what the moderation tries to do. I know you are not volunteering, but think about it :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.