Lack of electronics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Kristovi wrote:

In most of the games we lake of electronics. That leads to develop the basic infantry that is the only unit wich don't need electronic (with towed art).
      I suggest to reduce the amount of electronics to build some units (like main battle tanks, submarines, airplanes). Or maybe every units divided by 2.
      I do agree that electronics are an important resource but the current way of the game is fine. there is no need to make changes to the resources since we have resources in AI countries back now. the great thing about this game is, the forums are really interactive and we can actually talk to the developers and ask them stuff.And if you want tanks to be cheaper , there is a simple fix. choose a country with eastern military doctrine. There is a large cost difference between western and eastern tanks.
    • Kristovi wrote:

Ok, but, the first levels may be cheapers in electronic than last ones. I mean, you won't find a lot of electronics in an old T80.
      You have my vote on that part. it should cost cheaper. the early electronics are bit too expensive for the ancient technology they use. look at that WW2 Kanonenjagdpanzer. its ages old and yet requires as much resources as a modern machinery. might need some tweaks on that one, apart from all of that, we are fine :) we got great developers here who actually listen and take people's opinions for different stuff. LOVE THIS GAME !
    • Kristovi wrote:

you won't find a lot of electronics in an old T80.
      You've been mislead. Both the M1 Abrams and the T-80 were made in the 70's.

"The T-80U's 1A46 fire control system includes a laser range finder, a ballistics computer, and a more advanced 1G46 gunner's main sights, as well as thermal imaging sights"

"It can fire the 9M119 Refleks (AT-11 Sniper) guided missile"

"The GTD-1250 has a built-in automatic system of dust deposits removal"

All these are fairly electrical pieces of electrics, and require a lot of electrics to make. When you have this many electronics, you generally need a lot of electrical AC units to cool all these electrics as well.

So modern MBT's generally have a lot of electronics. In fact, the only units that wouldn't use that many electronics are the low level infantry.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • I'm not sure that a unitn of T80 uses more electronics than a destroyer. But anyway, today, I have to build an army with 80% of basic infantry due to lack of electronics. I just point a possible problem and offer an issue.
      Also, the problem comes from the cities that consume 1/3 of the production.If we manage the army of a country I don't understand why we should supply the civilians...
      Frexit
    • Kristovi wrote:

I'm not sure that a unitn of T80 uses more electronics than a destroyer.
      Didn't know they used quite that much, my bad :whistling: Should probably be lowered so.

Kristovi wrote:

Also, the problem comes from the cities that consume 1/3 of the production.If we manage the army of a country I don't understand why we should supply the civilians...
      Well, it's the military structures that consume the resources, it's pretty much the same as unit upkeep, just the military replacing their damaged equipment.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • Kristovi wrote:

Are you sure ? Or is it based on population level ?
      Pretty sure, I'll provide a screenshot of daily up-keeps for you. It depends on the building level, not the population. You can also see what consumes resources by hovering over them on the resource bar, which I will also provide a ss of.
      Files
      • Capture.PNG

(384.86 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
      • Capture2.PNG

(32.48 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )

• Yeah sometimes you just have a bad supply of it. Not enough cities producing it. In one game I have two cities producing it and it is my most abundant resource while in another I have two cities (albeit since 4:45 AM yesterday) and it is one of my least abundant resource, because only one city is built up with arms industry for it and has high morale.

• The M1 Abrams was yes in development in the 70s and hit service in 1980. When I arrived in the 1st Cav in 1985 they were converting from 105 rifled to 120 smoothbore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams#M68A1_rifled_gun

As well as here is its fire control.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams#Aiming

Countermeasures
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Abrams#Countermeasures

Ain't Nothing But A Thing!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DevinMacGregor: Words and stuff ().