Military outpost cost

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Military outpost cost

To build a military base (outside cities) is $ooo expensive. It seems way cheaper to invade a country and build a simple airbase. I mean, can you imagine that in real life ? The USA have like 500 bases in the world and they are not even able to invade Afghanistan properly...
      That's why I still haven't seen any level 3 military base built until today.

Globaly, that kind of outpost is rarely usefull, except in some areas (Central Asia, or Pacific Ocean). But if they are too expensive we'll just play the way we used to play before : without.

What I suggest :
      - lvl1 outpost cost is the same that a lvl1 bunker
      - lvl2, same as lvl1 hospital
      - lvl 3 same as lvl1 airbase

I do not see any justification to have that kind of infrastructures restricted to cities. I can understand it for sea port or factories, but why it must be more expensive to build a military airbase outside a city ? In contrary, the land available to build an airport around a city is way more expensive.
      Frexit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kristovi ().

• Kristovi wrote:

It seems way cheaper to invade a country and build a simple airbase.
      You might like my Forward Air Refueling/Re-arming Position idea -> FARPs

Kristovi wrote:

The USA have like 500 bases in the world and they are not even able to invade Afghanistan properly...
      That's not a matter of US military bases worldwide, it's a matter of the US not being able to defeat local forces in guerrilla warfare, strict ROE, and trying not to kill every single civilian in Afghanistan, among many other things.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • Germanico wrote:

But you are aware of the fact that you are actually getting:

Outpost 1: Level 1 Bunker
      Outpost 2: Level 2 Bunker + Level 2 Hospital
      Outpost 3: Level 3 Bunker + Level 3 Hospital + Level 1 Airbase
      Two points: It could be a lvl 1 bunker and hospital, that isn't why we are building them. we only build the lvl 1 and 2 to get to the airfield. The first two levels are just the time and cost we need to waste to get the base we wanted. And a lvl 1 airbase can BUILD units. A lvl 2 hospital increases our population. We get neither of those benefits with an FOB. And yet we pay more for it.

How about this:

lvl 1 FOB fixed artillery firebase cost = 1.5 * towed artillery unit
      lvl 2 FOB airfield + artillery cost = .75 * airfield lvl 1
      lvl 3 FOB radar station + airfield + artillery cost = .5 * ground radar unit.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

lvl 1 FOB fixed artillery firebase cost = 1.5 * towed artillery unit
      lvl 2 FOB airfield + artillery cost = .75 * airfield lvl 1
      lvl 3 FOB radar station + airfield + artillery cost = .5 * ground radar unit.
      That sounds best. I take it has a range, so maybe the artillery fire should be automatic, unlike standard artillery? Fantastic idea though, especially if we can build FARPs like I mentioned earlier for rotary-wing aircraft.

A man finds an old lamp and rubs it. Out comes a genie that says, “Thank you for freeing me. Would you like to be a Hero of the Soviet Union?”
      The man says yes, and poof! He then finds himself in Stalingrad in 1942, facing five tanks alone and armed with only three grenades.
    • Or why not just the airfield option, without bunker and hospital ?
      Do we really need bunker and hospital in our own country while we can build a simple airport few kilometers beside, close to a city ?

Other possibility : airfield is becomes level 1
      bunker : level 2
      hospital : level 3

If you think about it, an airfield is not so complicated, it's a road like over 500 meters.
      Bunkers are concrete buildings
      Hospital : doctors, medecines, electrified building, EVAC etc.
      Frexit
    • Germanico wrote:

But you are aware of the fact that you are actually getting:

Outpost 1: Level 1 Bunker
      Outpost 2: Level 2 Bunker + Level 2 Hospital
      Outpost 3: Level 3 Bunker + Level 3 Hospital + Level 1 Airbase

//G
      actually I'm really with Germanico on this one...
      if they were cheap we wouldn't have a realistic system, do you just build a base randomly? or wait until you are at war/preparing for war/worried of war? if these are cheep w/ low upkeep than ppl would just spam them all over the place and it wouldn't be realistic to be able to take out their airbase abilities. only a handful of nations in the world have the kind of abilities these ideas would provide, and if we had an airport every other providence than it would be impossible to stop air operations, and they would be incredibly fortified as well. I think they are exceedingly expensive as well but I think that the devs accommodating our wishes without breaking the game. We have the ability, its not just like, "oh, heading to bed... I suppose ill pop up an airport/bunker/hospital real quick" now we are forced to consider the costs.
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • Kristovi wrote:

If you think about it, an airfield is not so complicated, it's a road like over 500 meters.
      That's just a simple air-strip but for most aircraft it does need to be paved, it needs munition depots, fuel depots, guards, mechanics, hangars, repair workshops, mess, housing, etc.

• ok, but why is it more expensive than close to a city ? AS I said, free lands are more expensive in the suburbs than in an empty country.

If you don't want to change anything, don't change. We will just keep invading minor countries instead of building an outpost.
      I've still haven't seen any level 3 outpost, in any game. You seems to assume the price, ok. You don't won't to see poping up outpost (I don't know where is the problem as long they still cost ressources and maintenance like in a city), fine,actually they just don't exist at all.
      Frexit
    • Kristovi wrote:

ok, but why is it more expensive than close to a city ?
      I would assume because an airstrip in a less developed region costs more to transport the initial resources there, as well as needing better protection.