EUROPE 1990 UPDATE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• EUROPE 1990 UPDATE

Dear Players,

This week introduces the new 20-Player Map, a regional map set in the turbulent years from 1989 to 1991 that features playable nations such as the Soviet Union, West and East Germany, Yugoslavia, and the United States. This map highlights the leaders, flags, borders, province and city names, as well as doctrinal starting units that are specific to the this historic period. This is an intense, challenging map that will get you thinking creatively about how you approach the road to victory.

Also featuring this week, and in response to player needs, Outposts are now fully customizable. In the sense that as a player you can build what you need, the three Forward Operating Base tiers originally on offer have now been broken up into individual units which can be constructed singularly, for cost efficiency, or as a group of two or three depending upon your needs. Specifically, Combat Outposts offer a Defense Bonus, Field Hospitals increase Hit Points over time, and Airfields allow basic air operations (but offer no construction). Build what you need- do you want the entrenched benefit of an additional 25% defense, or maybe the facility of an additional airfield?

And lastly, we are making it official: CON PLAYS BEST ON CHROME. You will notice a new icon suggesting the move strategically located on several ingame pages. This comes in the wake of a host of issues reported with Firefox - and Mozilla even proposing a browser swap themselves... incredible, but true (kinda sad, used to be FF fanboy myself in the olden days).

Changelog

NEW UNITS

• The Bundeswehr finally kicked out Wittmann and his trusty WW2 Jagdpanther… replacing him with the mean looking Kanonenjagdpanzer, used by West Germany into the 90’s.

UI

• Adjusted the User Interface settings in order to better fit smaller resolution screens

OUTPOSTS

• Outposts have been repriced and split into fully customizable units which can be constructed individually or in a mix according to player needs:
        • Combat Outposts offer a 25% Defensive Bonus
        • Field Hospitals offer 2 HP/day
        • Airfields offer air operations (but no mobilization of units)

GENERAL CHANGES AND BALANCING

• Fixed the Team Member Victory Points to be consistent across VP Bar and Diplomacy Panel
      • Fixed the Team Victory Points in running games
      • Eliminated Money Upkeep for Population from 10 to 0
      • Decreased Supplies Upkeep for Population by 50%
      • Updated Fleet Damage Areas to reflect the nature of fleet composition - capital ships in the center and rest protecting or screening them, soaking most damage targeted at the combined fleet
      • Eliminated the “automatic” conquering damage to buildings, so we can finally take over enemy airfields or the like without repairing or rebuilding them (works only if taken over without combat)
      • Rebalanced Electronics costs for Units and made lower-level technology cost less while higher levels cost more – this was requested by several users in the forum
      • Unified Components Cost for Ground Moving Infantry to 750
      • Unified Components Cost for Air Mobile Infantry to 1000
      • Fine-tuned Research prices for most units to fit better into the new balancing. Specifically Recon, Tank Destroyer, Tank and Artillery, but also a few others...
      • Increased "At War" Penalty on Morale from 2 to 3

AI CHANGES

Changed several AI factors regarding the opposing nation’s ability to forget and forgive, resulting in more aversion against an aggressing country. Also players can expect to experience embargos and even the one or other war declaration if they aggress everyone around them. You were warned…

SPECIFIC BALANCING

Transport Truck

Increased HP from 5 to 10

Motorized Infantry

Reduced Supplies Upkeep from 55/60/70 to 40/50/60

Reduced Money Upkeep from 120 to 100

Mechanized Infantry

Reduced Supplies Upkeep from 75/80/90 to 50/60/70

Reduced Money Upkeep from 190 to 120

Naval Infantry

Reduced Supplies Upkeep from 65/70/80 to 60/70/80

Reduced Money Upkeep from 140 to 130

Airmobile Infantry

Reduced Supplies Upkeep from 55/60/70 to 50/60/70

Special Forces

Increased Money Upkeep from 140 to 150

Amphibious Combat Vehicles

No longer requires Combat Recon Vehicle to research

Reduced Components from 1825 to 1750

Reduced Electronics from 600 to 350

Main Battle Tank

Reduced Manpower from 1400/1540/1680 to 1200/1350/1500

Reduced negative Modifier for Attack in City from -50% to -25% (Tanks still get -50% in city defense)

Tank Destroyer

Increased Speed from 1.3 to 1.5

Increased Manpower cost to 750/825/900

Increased Money cost to 2000/2500/3000

Increased HP from 15/20/25 to 20/24/26/28

Reduced Components cost to 1750

Mobile Anti Air Vehicle

Increased Speed from 1/1.3 to 1.3/1.5

Mobile SAM Launcher

Increased Speed from 1/1.3 to 1.3/1.5

Air Superiority Fighter

Increased Speed from 12/15 to 12/16

Strike Fighters

Increased Speed from 10 to 12, making them deliver

Aircraft Carrier

Increased Money Price from 5000/7500/10000 to 7500/10000/12500

Cities

Decreased Electronics upkeep for cities by 5 on every level

Increased base Annex time from 6h to 9h to give Outposts a chance (remember: it's modified by population morale so it will be longer)

Morale Balancing

Set target Morale to 75 in conquered provinces and annexed Cities (can be increased by Bunkers)

Set target Morale to 100 in homeland provinces and cities

Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. Keep them coming. Share.

The world is toast: so use CHROME !!!

//Your CON Crew
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Excellent update :)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Target morale is a value that determines what way the morale goes at day changing.

If morale target of a province is 50, then, without additional bonus/malus, the morale of this province will slowly go to 50.

Basically, now, if an annexed city has a 75 morale target, is surrounded by the enemy, has no buildings, and surroundings provinces are all 25% morale, you'll have something like -20 / - 20 malus

75 - 20 - 20 = 35. The city will stabilise at 35% morale. Up to you to build bunkers or to conquer surrounding provinces, in order to "manipulate" bonus/malus :)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Yep, it's that.

Usually, players don't remark this value because by default it's 100, and it seems logical morale raise to maximum value.

With no malus :

75 + 25 (bunker) = 100.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • well ok TD got a little buff - not enough in my opinion but hell, at least things moved in right direction. Doesn't change much but well... better than nothing.

Finally you split outposts - thing I told you is necessity to make them effective to be build long time ago :P But at least you finally did that. So ok, outposts are effective now.

Generally I'm quite happy of this update - it's a change :D

I only wonder if building shelters aka bunkers would be economically effective to push up morale in conquered provinces. Surely it will lower overall income of money and resources once more, and that is not a good thing in my opinion.

Perhaps I will even let myself to be tempted buy that new map. More case scenarios please - perhaps something about Asia next:>?

PS
      Yeah, Mozilla is going under for a long time, unfortunately.
    • Germanico wrote:

The Bundeswehr finally kicked out Wittmann and his trusty WW2 Jagdpanther… replacing him with the mean looking Kanonenjagdpanzer, used by West Germany into the 90’s.
      Don't want to disrupt this discussion, but Michael Wittmann actually drove a Tiger I, not a Jagdpanzer. Check the links if you want proof.

btw it was a good update, though
    • But what you don't know is that after the war he enlisted in the Bundeswehr which then was renamed EU Doctrine and somehow managed to organize an old jagdpanther. Seele07 discovered him a few weeks back, it all caused a big scandal in Germany and he finally is in retirement now.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Overall I think things look pretty good. I am looking forward to trying the new map. You REALLY want people to use tanks don't ya? Every update seems to push tanks .. just sayin..

I still find them awfully expensive to research, especially if using western tech, and my personal vision tends not to lend itself to large armored divisions of soviet era eastern europe. C'est la vie, I guess I will have to build some tanks... you are welcome. ha ha. I kill me..
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.