What the heck is going on with Morale/Cities??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What the heck is going on with Morale/Cities??

I don't know what you guys did but it sucks. Two days ago I was able to capture a city, annex it in 12 hours, leave enough troops to deal with an insurgency and by the next game day Morale would be high enough to where there would be zero insurgency risk and the smoke would be gone. Now I have troops bogged down in several cities for two days and all the territories I captured 2 days ago are still under threat and smoking. Annexation times have also increased.
    • I took someones capital while they had just taken over three cities and a good chunk of them were already in the mid 30s-40 morale, but many were 25-30 morale. After I took his capital, a dozen or more of them were 10-15%. He had troops stationed in the ones that still had risk, so he was fighting as they revolted. After 3 days, some of these cities are in the teens still and I feel bad because his losses to rouges are up over 30,000. For the cities that revolted on the first day, there are already 3-4 rouges in them and it is near certain that by the time I get to them, there will be 6-8 rougues in each. I will just leave them because they will be lev 1 cities by the time I take them out if I am careful about losses.

My point is, that after day change, the morale recharge is extremely low and you better have 5 infantry stationed in a city that has 10 morale and it will take 10 days to get it up to 34% at this rate. This leads to both of us abandoning the city. Can we somehow increase the morale recharge?
    • Checked it - the way it works is the following:

if you capture a city and do not capture all surrounding areas the city may stay hostile longer

regular hostility phase is still 2 days as before - just make sure to capture all surrounding provinces

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

• Is more than 24 hours bogged down a real issue? Trying to be realistic but would insurgency groups just give up after one day? Would a city be happy at being occupied after one day? To be honest what this does is cause players to focus on taking over countries slowly, stop and pause, build more units rather than by day 5 have 3/4 major countries under there belt. All it has done is just made taking over countries a bit more harder and will mean games last longer rather than one player buying gold winning by VP points in less than 2 weeks.